PDA

View Full Version : Clark had BETTER keep his mouth shut after this game

SteelTorch
12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
The secondary has now allowed TWO big catches this game, one for a touchdown. :nono

EDIT: We've given up 2 third downs, one for 16 yards on this drive to end the 3rd quarter.

EDIT: make that three: Woodley jumped into the neutral zone. :HeadBanger

SteelTorch
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, we gave up 4 third downs on the Packers' third TD drive - and the TD pass just happened to be to the guy Clark was covering. That, my friends, is unacceptable. Win or lose, Ryan Clark had better not so much as utter a PEEP after this game. :HeadBanger

steelz09
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Clark and the rest of this Steelers secondary outside of Ike (who can't catch the ball) is terrible.

So much for Tomlin's expertise as a secondary coach. Rodgers is looking at Gay every pass play. It's so obvious. He's not even trying to look off the guy or anything. He knows where the weak link is and he's obviously exposing it. We just continue to let it happen.

Shoe
12-20-2009, 08:37 PM
And BTW: What of all the "let's give Joe Burnett some burn..." JOE BURNETT BLOWS.

He f-n cost us the Raider game. He stinks it up every time he's put in there (personal foul today, the last TD). It's clear that he has as much business out there as I do.

And while I'm at it: Everyone knows Gay SUCKS. HE SUCKS. But Carter is possibly as bad. That run by Clark--Carter had clear containment angle. No way Clark should even get the edge, let alone score.

I watched last night's game between Dal-NO. After which, I said Nick Folk (DAL PK) should be fired ASAP. I certainly stand by that. On our team, Carter should be cut right away. Gay should also (if not cut, at least severly buried on the bench).

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
And BTW: What of all the "let's give Joe Burnett some burn..." JOE BURNETT BLOWS.

He f-n cost us the Raider game. He stinks it up every time he's put in there (personal foul today, the last TD). It's clear that he has as much business out there as I do.

And while I'm at it: Everyone knows Gay SUCKS. HE SUCKS. But Carter is possibly as bad. That run by Clark--Carter had clear containment angle. No way Clark should even get the edge, let alone score.

I watched last night's game between Dal-NO. After which, I said Nick Folk (DAL PK) should be fired ASAP. I certainly stand by that. On our team, Carter should be cut right away. Gay should also (if not cut, at least severly buried on the bench).

Who do you want out there instead? If Gay is benched it's Burnett. You say he blows...so what do we do if Gay is benched?

I'm not happy with their performance, but I see a lot of Packers games...and Rodgers is good. Very good.

Starlifter
12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
there is no skill and no depth in our secondary. the guys out there are tragically the best we got. everything you needed to know about this defense was summed up with 3:00 to go on GB 3rd and 1 - and Tyrone Carter completely gives up on stopping the first down with a 10 yard cushion. He did have the good grace to give the 'awww shucks' hand clap after rogers effortlessly threw 4 yards for the first.

disgusting.

Herewegosteelers!
12-20-2009, 10:36 PM
The Steelers no longer have a secondary..... it's a suckondary! :twisted:

Shoe
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
everything you needed to know about this defense was summed up with 3:00 to go on GB 3rd and 1 - and Tyrone Carter completely gives up on stopping the first down with a 10 yard cushion.

Haha... I'm sure every Steeler fan saw that too, and said the same thing you probably said:
"WHY the f- are you off 10 yards on a 3rd & 1 Carter?"

Chadman
12-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Chadman senses a secondary overhaul this off season.

Not sure if the Steelers will completely 'give up' on Gay & Burnett, certainly not Burnett- too young & inexperienced to label too much blame there.

Keenan Lewis will likely get a shot this off season. Deshea will probably ride off into the sunset.

Carter is likely gone.

Clark.....well, if it comes down to Hampton vs Clark for re-signing, put your money on "Mudguts".

Could Ike be dealt away?

Wouldn't be surprised if a FA CB is brought in (Antoine Winfield anyone?), and a FS & CB drafted. Perhaps even another SS in the later rounds or in FA.

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 11:06 PM
everything you needed to know about this defense was summed up with 3:00 to go on GB 3rd and 1 - and Tyrone Carter completely gives up on stopping the first down with a 10 yard cushion.

Haha... I'm sure every Steeler fan saw that too, and said the same thing you probably said:
"WHY the f- are you off 10 yards on a 3rd & 1 Carter?"

They line up where LeBeau tells them to line up according to the play called.

papillon
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Giving up on Anthony Smith was a mistake and, I believe, done for all the wrong reasons, none of them football skill related. Just my 2 cents. I'd love to have him back there instead of Carter right about now.

Polamalu can't heal quick enough

Pappy

flippy
12-21-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm still irked to this day that Mangini screwed us by taking Revis 1 pick ahead of us 07. That woulda changed everything.

Shoe
12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Giving up on Anthony Smith was a mistake and, I believe, done for all the wrong reasons, none of them football skill related. Just my 2 cents. I'd love to have him back there instead of Carter right about now.

Pappy

I agree that Smith had some game, and given that it took time for Silverback to develop... it makes a bit of sense. But there is a reason that GB dumped him, I think one more team dumped him after that, and now he is on... Jacksonville or something?

Pittsburgh
12-21-2009, 02:00 PM
But there is a reason that GB dumped him, I think one more team dumped him after that, and now he is on... Jacksonville or something?

First the Packers signed him and released him after six months. Then the Rams signed him and dumped him after only two months. Talk about a guy who's mouth and head were bigger than his play. Outside of dishing out a few big hits, I was not impressed.

Although I will give him credit in one aspect, it has to take some talent to be released by the St. Louis Rams these days. :Clap

Jacksonville can keep him.

Oviedo
12-21-2009, 02:04 PM

Pappy

Totally disacgree. Smith has done nothing for anyone else. He was an overhyped moron who got way too much credit for a couple big hits in his career. Other than those hits he has done nothing and he was clearly deficient in his coverage skills while here. he would add nothing if he was still here.

ANPSTEEL
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Pappy

Totally disacgree. Smith has done nothing for anyone else. He was an overhyped moron who got way too much credit for a couple big hits in his career. Other than those hits he has done nothing and he was clearly deficient in his coverage skills while here. he would add nothing if he was still here.

with the exception of Ike's speed-

Smith is almost certainly faster and more athletic than any of the slugs the Steelers are lining up in the secondary now.

Smith's primary issue- aside from attitude- was his inability or unwillingness to play "within" the system.

stlrz d
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Pappy

with the exception of Ike's speed-

Smith is almost certainly faster and more athletic than any of the slugs the Steelers are lining up in the secondary now.

Smith's primary issue- aside from attitude- was his inability or unwillingness to play "within" the system.

Which is a HUGE problem!