PDA

View Full Version : THAT'S what a leader does

Shoe
12-20-2009, 12:54 AM
DeMarcus Ware.

A must-win game, playing the top team in the conference three games away from an undefeated season... you are the difference-maker on defense, and you are six days removed from getting carted off the field with a neck injury...

...and you step up and play, get 2 sacks + 2 forced fumbles. Wow.

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
How tight was his spiral?

Shoe
12-20-2009, 01:12 AM

:?:
I don't get it.

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2009, 01:39 AM
just shows how big of a drama queen he was last week for getting carried off on a stretcher when he didn't need it.

it looked like he was dancing on there trying to signal he was "OK" to the fans in the stadium

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM

I don't get it.

Ware had a concussion. I thought you were taking a shot at Ben. Right after I posted that and closed my laptop I realized you were taking a shot at Troy for not being able to do his job on a bad knee.

Because the injuries are so similar....

Shoe
12-20-2009, 01:59 PM
[quote="stlrz d":36px9tjp]How tight was his spiral?

I don't get it.

Ware had a concussion. I thought you were taking a shot at Ben. Right after I posted that and closed my laptop I realized you were taking a shot at Troy for not being able to do his job on a bad knee.

Because the injuries are so similar....[/quote:36px9tjp]

I never mentioned any names.

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 02:31 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3s4wlixr]How tight was his spiral?

I don't get it.

Because the injuries are so similar....

I never mentioned any names.[/quote:3s4wlixr]

You didn't have to. Your rants about Troy not playing indicate exactly what your intentions were with this thread.

Tomlinator
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
DeMarcus Ware.

A must-win game, playing the top team in the conference three games away from an undefeated season... you are the difference-maker on defense, and you are six days removed from getting carted off the field with a neck injury...

...and you step up and play, get 2 sacks + 2 forced fumbles. Wow.

I can't agree. Just going out and playing doesn't make you a leader. There could be any number of reasons he was playing.

1. He was pressured to play by his teammates, and wether he was healthy or not, caved and played. I think we've all been there and know how that feels, but I doubt thats what really happened.
2. He had to prove his toughness for whatever reason. In that case it was a dumb move if he was hurt. I'd rather someone on the team heal for a game or two and have him for the remainder of the season (or their career).
3. He was cleared by the docs and knew he was ok all week. Thats the most likely thing that happened, IMHO.

None of these make you a leader.