PDA

View Full Version : Uncapped year

DHSF
12-19-2009, 12:43 AM
I've been a Steeler fan since the early 70's, but I'm really worried about the anticipated uncapped year. I used to love the Pirates, but since baseball is now uncapped, they have been cellar dwellers for decades. I just don't have the heart to watch them any more. Could this happen to our beloved Steelers? I would hate for large market teams to be able to buy championships like the Yankees have recently.

SteelCrazy
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I may be mistaken but the NFL shares equally revenue generated from television... Here is where I may be mistaken...I would think they make way more money from that than they do stadium generated money...What do I know?

phillyesq
12-19-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't think that the lack of a salary cap would hurt the Steelers too much. I think it would be generally bad for the league, but not for the Steelers. With the salary cap, there is also a salary floor. If the cap disappears, so does the floor.

The Steelers are usually up pretty close against the cap. I imagine that they would still spend about what they do now, if not more. Teams like the Redskins would increase their spending, but teams like the Bucs might spend less. Right now, I could easily see teams using the economy as an excuse to decrease their payroll. I think that average salaries would probably stay the same, and the Steelers would still remain competitive.

This is just my best guess; of course, I could be completely wrong. :lol: :lol: