PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Mind, But I Do Mind.

Lonbull
12-18-2009, 01:01 AM
This is an open thread - kind of inspired by the writings of Redundantman and as I was watching the Colts v Jags game one of the announcers said:

" I don't mind when a player celebrates a TD, but I don't like it when they celebrate an ordinary tackle"....

Basically it's an open question where you kind of draw the line on something - football related or otherwise.

* I don't mind stores playing Christmas music, but I do mind when they do it before Thanksgiving!

* I don't mind someone telling me they're a fan of a different football team, I don't even mind if they tell me my team sucks.....I do mind, after all of that, when I know more of the opposition's players than he does.

* I don't mind technology, but I do mind when people text for over an hour when they're in a movie theater?

* I don't mind when someone tells me they don't like the Steelers, I do mind when they can't tell me why they don't like the Steelers?

* I don't mind when announcers talk about "great" Rookie Quarterback's season, but I "REALLY" do mind when they discuss any number of former greak rookie QB's and skip talking about Ben Roethlisberger's awesome first season. (This was mostly due to Matt Ryan and Flacco's seasons last year).

* I don't mind when the Steelers don't make the playoffs, but I do mind when they don't make the playoffs and they should have!

* I don't mind when a no-name rookie celebrates like crazy after making an ordinary tackle in pre-season, but I do mind when a player celebrates any time his team is clearly going to lose the game he's "celebrating" in.

Please continue with your own.....

L.B.

buckeyehoppy
12-18-2009, 01:47 AM
* I don't mind someone telling me they're a fan of a different football team, I don't even mind if they tell me my team sucks.....I do mind, after all of that, when I know more of the opposition's players than he does.

True Dat, LB. I also mind when they say my team sucks, but my team's 6-7 would be a gargantuan leap to the better for their team.

* I don't mind when someone tells me they don't like the Steelers, I do mind when they can't tell me why they don't like the Steelers?

You mean like: "I hate the Steelers because I'm from Cleveland". OK, so they did furnish an answer to a why statement. But, under the circumstances, the Steelers could be equated to anything hateful or hate worthy. So, they answered the question... it was just out of context. They would have given a more cogent answer by merely shutting their cake holes.

costanza2k1
12-18-2009, 02:38 AM
-I don't mind when my team loses to the Raiders, I do mind when the Raiders' fans come within inches of my face and say RAIDERS!....yeah that pisses me off.

steelblood
12-18-2009, 08:21 AM
-I don't mind when my team loses to the Raiders, I do mind when the Raiders' fans come within inches of my face and say RAIDERS!....yeah that pisses me off.

You don't mind losing to the Raiders?

JTP53609
12-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I dont mind people not liking Sidney Crosby, but I do mind when they rip him for whining, look at any player in any sport, they will constantly question officials/refs, why does Crosby keep getting thrown under the bus for what he does....

AND MY NUMBER ONE THING THAT GETS ON MY NERVES MORE AND MORE

I dont mind receivers trying questioning refs for a pass interference penalty, but I do mind now that anytime a ball goes off the hands of receiver and the DBack makes a nice play, the receiver is ALWAYS calling for a flag, I have seen receivers give up on a ball and before it hits the ground they are motioning for a flag....

flippy
12-18-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't mind losing, but I do mind when it's not a preseason game.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I dont mind people not liking Sidney Crosby, but I do mind when they rip him for whining, look at any player in any sport, they will constantly question officials/refs, why does Crosby keep getting thrown under the bus for what he does....

AND MY NUMBER ONE THING THAT GETS ON MY NERVES MORE AND MORE

I dont mind receivers trying questioning refs for a pass interference penalty, but I do mind now that anytime a ball goes off the hands of receiver and the DBack makes a nice play, the receiver is ALWAYS calling for a flag, I have seen receivers give up on a ball and before it hits the ground they are motioning for a flag....

Cedrick Wilson has ruined you. :lol:

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't mind when the Steelers have the occasional bad season because no team wins it all every year and they have been one of the most consistent winners in the SB era...but I do mind when fans lose their minds and bitch and moan about it at every turn.

SteelAbility
12-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't mind if the Steelers are considered the underdog at home (actually, I do, but I'm going somewhere with this, so bear with me) but I do mind when a supposed Steeler fan goes and bets real money against his own team and then proudly makes a post, I mean boast, about it. :nono

papillon
12-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't mind forum members having dissenting opinions from mine, but I do mind when they disappear when the Steelers are playing well and their opinion is wrong, but immediately show up after a loss to inform us that they have been correct all along.

I mind the Steelers losing, period

I mind MLB baseball and NBA basketball, period, but I love amateur baseball and basketball

I mind professional lacrosse, but I love college lacrosse, that is where it is played at its highest level

I mind celebrating after routine plays, come to think of it I mind any choreographed celebration of any kind at any time and in anyplace.

I don't mind the way Harrison celebrated his 100 yard INT in the Super Bowl or Santonio's catch, I do mind Santonio's "this is how we be great" shtick

I mind Emmitt Smith to a degree, but, I loved him simply handing the ball to the referee after scoring touchdowns and then going to celebrate with his teammates.

I mind that this year's Steeler team could never put a complete game together

I don't mind European soccer, I do mind their whiny @$$ flops and dives and such

I don't mind (actually, I love this) a fastball thrown high and tight, I do mind purposely hitting a batter for any reason

I mind the designated hitter, I don't mind the pitcher hitting

I mind that NBA players seem to be allowed to travel and carry the ball to allow more scoring.

I mind that the Steelers couldn't solve their special team woes this season.

I mind that Ben seems to be having a great year statistically, but the Steelers are a sub-500 team

I mind that Limas Sweed hasn't been given another chance while the rest of the team has made plenty of mistakes and there have been no repercussions for them.

I don't mind that Dick Lebeau is the Steelers defensive coordinatoe

I don't mind that MIke Tomlin is the head coach

I don't mind that Bruce Arians in the offensive coordinator, I do mind that Bruce Arians is the offensive coordinator

I don't mind this thread :P

That is all...

Pappy

Steeler Mafia
12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't mind when the Steelers lose to a top rated high powered offensive team. I do mind when they lose to a team they should have beaten the snot out of by 30 points.

...but most of all.

I don't mind when the Steelers occasionally get beat, but I do mind when they end up beating themselves.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't mind that Bruce Arians in the offensive coordinator, I do mind that Bruce Arians is the offensive coordinator

Is this supposed to be some sort of deep philosopical conundrum? :?

papillon
12-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Is this supposed to be some sort of deep philosopical conundrum? :?

No, not really, I don't think he's as big a problem as some think and I don't think he's as good as some think. If he stayed, I'm fine with it, if he goes, I'm fine with it. He's managed to create a good offense that doesn't execute well in the red zone. I'd like to see him change the way he does some things there. I don't believe it's worth releasing him over, but if they did, it would be fine by me.

He's sort of nondescript to me.

Pappy

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't mind losing to a team that is better then we are, I do mind win we lose to the 3 WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE and are told NOT TO BEYOTCH AND MOAN ABOUT IT :wink:

SidSmythe
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I DON'T mind :Boobs , but I DO mind the broken penis commercials on TV during the NFL games when my kids are watching.

I DON'T mind the Steelers not winning the Superbowl every year, but I DO mind paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket when they don't at least make the playoffs

I DON'T mind people who are fanatical about sports, but I DO mind those who's happiness depends upon them.

I DON'T mind facebook, but I DO mind all those who tell you every little detail of their life. "Bobby Sue just finished laundry and now is going to wash the dishes."

I DON'T mind being all hot n sexy, but I DO mind flamers staring at me in the gym (especially the sauna).

I DON'T mind those w/ opposing views of mine, but I DO mind people who love to hear themselves talk.

I DON'T mind people who think voting is patriotic, but I DO mind those who vote for these clowns we have in Washington currently (both Democraps & Republitards)

I DON'T mind taking a good dump, but I DO mind having to do so right after taking a shower.

I DON'T mind this smiley icon :moon , but I DO mind that it's not the backside of :Boobs

JTP53609
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
yea i dont mind BA either, I think he is okay, not great, but not as bad as some make him out to be, he puts some trick plays in there now and than and mixes up the run and pass alot, sure there are times when you think we are we in shotgun or why is there no fullback or why this and that, but im sure that not every play will be perfect..

SteelAbility
12-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I don't mind forum members having dissenting opinions from mine, but I do mind when they disappear when the Steelers are playing well and their opinion is wrong, but immediately show up after a loss to inform us that they have been correct all along.

I mind the Steelers losing, period

I mind MLB baseball and NBA basketball, period, but I love amateur baseball and basketball

I mind professional lacrosse, but I love college lacrosse, that is where it is played at its highest level

I mind celebrating after routine plays, come to think of it I mind any choreographed celebration of any kind at any time and in anyplace.

I don't mind the way Harrison celebrated his 100 yard INT in the Super Bowl or Santonio's catch, I do mind Santonio's "this is how we be great" shtick

I mind Emmitt Smith to a degree, but, I loved him simply handing the ball to the referee after scoring touchdowns and then going to celebrate with his teammates.

I mind that this year's Steeler team could never put a complete game together

I don't mind European soccer, I do mind their whiny @$$ flops and dives and such

I don't mind (actually, I love this) a fastball thrown high and tight, I do mind purposely hitting a batter for any reason

I mind the designated hitter, I don't mind the pitcher hitting

I mind that NBA players seem to be allowed to travel and carry the ball to allow more scoring.

I mind that the Steelers couldn't solve their special team woes this season.

I mind that Ben seems to be having a great year statistically, but the Steelers are a sub-500 team

I mind that Limas Sweed hasn't been given another chance while the rest of the team has made plenty of mistakes and there have been no repercussions for them.

I don't mind that bad word Lebeau is the Steelers defensive coordinatoe

I don't mind that MIke Tomlin is the head coach

I don't mind this thread :P

That is all...

Pappy

I don't mind that you got all of that off your chest. I do mind that Lebeau's first name is replaced by "bad word" by the Server Software.

SteelAbility
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I DON'T mind :Boobs , but I DO mind the broken penis commercials on TV during the NFL games when my kids are watching.

I DON'T mind the Steelers not winning the Superbowl every year, but I DO mind paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket when they don't at least make the playoffs

I DON'T mind people who are fanatical about sports, but I DO mind those who's happiness depends upon them.

I DON'T mind facebook, but I DO mind all those who tell you every little detail of their life. "Bobby Sue just finished laundry and now is going to wash the dishes."

I DON'T mind being all hot n sexy, but I DO mind flamers staring at me in the gym (especially the sauna).

I DON'T mind those w/ opposing views of mine, but I DO mind people who love to hear themselves talk.

I DON'T mind people who think voting is patriotic, but I DO mind those who vote for these clowns we have in Washington currently (both Democraps & Republitards)

I DON'T mind taking a good dump, but I DO mind having to do so right after taking a shower.

I DON'T mind this smiley icon :moon , but I DO mind that it's not the backside of :Boobs

This is a problem that IS correctible. ;) Hint, Mods!!!

MeetJoeGreene
12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
This is a cool idea.. someone should suggest this to the Steve Czaben show... he does quirky things like this.

My big one was already taken by Pap:

I don't mind folks criticizing Tomlin, I do mind if its the only thing they do and they only show up after losses to do so.

ATTN SidSmythe

Very Funny and true:

ATTN SidSmythe: :wft

cruzer8
12-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't mind discussing football and the Steelers like adults. I do mind crybabies.

Djfan
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Syd (which if you type poorly can be "STD") hit a home run in this thread.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I do mind that Lebeau's first name is replaced by "bad word" by the Server Software.

C'mon, now...the server software did us a favor with this one. "Bad Word" LeBeau is an awesome nickname. A guy who played opposite Night Train Lane needs a nickname like that. :wink:

ROLROC
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
This is a cool idea.. someone should suggest this to the Steve Czaben show... he does quirky things like this.

He did air a bunch of our famous sports tweets a while back.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7082&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=czaban

MeetJoeGreene
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't mind when getting a draft beer in stadium at a Steelers game costs $7.00...

... but I do mind when it is a one-quarter foam.

... and then I say.. hey can you pour me a full one? And the dude just looks at me and says "That will be $7". And I say dump that foam out and fill it... and he says this is your beer.. and I say then I am only going to pay $5 for it... and he says.. NEXT..and I say let me talk to a manager about your tap system or your pouring skills... and he says I am going to call security if you don't pay or leave... and I say GOOD! lets get them here and show them this crime of a pour... and he calls security ... but by the time they arrive the foam has settled so now it looks like I drank a quarter of the beer... and the people in line behind me are yelling and hissing at me...rather than cheering because I am fighting for their rights to a full pour as well... and the security guards say you are going to have to leave now sir.. and I say I WANT A FULL BEER FOR $7 .. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT .... HEY LET ME GO!! ... HEY DON'T TAZER ME BRO!!... GHAAHHH!!!!!!

msp26505
12-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't mind when getting a draft beer in stadium at a Steelers game costs $7.00...

... but I do mind when it is a one-quarter foam.

... and then I say.. hey can you pour me a full one? And the dude just looks at me and says "That will be $7". And I say dump that foam out and fill it... and he says this is your beer.. and I say then I am only going to pay $5 for it... and he says.. NEXT..and I say let me talk to a manager about your tap system or your pouring skills... and he says I am going to call security if you don't pay or leave... and I say GOOD! lets get them here and show them this crime of a pour... and he calls security ... but by the time they arrive the foam has settled so now it looks like I drank a quarter of the beer... and the people in line behind me are yelling and hissing at me...rather than cheering because I am fighting for their rights to a full pour as well... and the security guards say you are going to have to leave now sir.. and I say I WANT A FULL BEER FOR $7 .. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT .... HEY LET ME GO!! ... HEY DON'T TAZER ME BRO!!... GHAAHHH!!!!!!

I've got your back.

When I pay $7.00 for a watered down stadium beer, I want 16 ounces, not 12.

So suck it, you William Gay of the beer-pouring world.