PDA

View Full Version : WOW , Ken Laird report on Ben !

Steelhere10
12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Go here now ! http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250/

Steelhere10
12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
In case you are gonna miss it ( AND DON'T SHOOT ME SHOOT THE REPORTER ) He was talking about Ben not being liked by a lot of his teammates other than his OLineman. He reportedly went to a party , then notice Jeff Reed was there and said to an unidentified source Quote * Why is he here and who invited him ( Jeff Reed ) And later left because of that. And supposedly this weekend he flew the OLinemen to NY to a party and ditched them later.... Like i said not coming from me > Ken Laird. So don't direct nothing to me i am just reporting what was said !

JAR
12-17-2009, 08:18 PM
talk radio is nothing but a tabloid. zzzzzzzzzzz. Anyway, in real news, Ben is sponsoring a team of kids to go to Snoop's Big Dog Bowl, airfare and everything needed to get the team of kids there.

steelsun7
12-17-2009, 09:12 PM
yawn

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
yawn

x2.

bostonsteeler
12-17-2009, 10:03 PM
talk radio is nothing but a tabloid. zzzzzzzzzzz. Anyway, in real news, Ben is sponsoring a team of kids to go to Snoop's Big Dog Bowl, airfare and everything needed to get the team of kids there.

This!

Scarletfire1970
12-17-2009, 11:09 PM
If true, Ben sounds like a real jerk.

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Is this forum suddenly the National Enquirer?

Why is this crap not tossed in the garbage where it belongs?

This "information" is completely unsubstantiated...nothing but BS spewed by a guy trying to get ratings.

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 12:05 AM
This is too funny. I have heard more then a few stories from locals about Ben's azzholiness attitude. As long as he tosses TD's he is good in my book. I wouldn't be surprised though if he is a bit on the jerk side.

I don't understand why fans think a good player on the field means they will be good or decnt off the field. I remember seeing a friend who loved the Syracuse baskeball team and when he went up to Jim Boheim to speak the guy treated him like dirt.

It happens.

papillon
12-18-2009, 12:15 AM
This is too funny. I have heard more then a few stories from locals about Ben's azzholiness attitude. As long as he tosses TD's he is good in my book. I wouldn't be surprised though if he is a bit on the jerk side.

I don't understand why fans think a good player on the field means they will be good or decnt off the field. I remember seeing a friend who loved the Syracuse baskeball team and when he went up to Jim Boheim to speak the guy treated him like dirt.

It happens.

And, my son has been to the Syracuse basketball camp and loves Jim Boeheim. Boeheim talks the kids and actually shows up at the training sessions. He personally worked with our son and his jump shot. He's good by me.

Pappy

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 12:33 AM

It happens.

And, my son has been to the Syracuse basketball camp and loves Jim Boeheim. Boeheim talks the kids and actually shows up at the training sessions. He personally worked with our son and his jump shot. He's good by me.

Pappy

Sorry Pap...no way that's true.

SteelBucks
12-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Gotta love how a bad season breeds drama.

Steeler Mafia
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I listen to Ken Laird on podcasts, and personally I think he is a first class a$$ sniffer.

Most of the stuff he reports is to drum up listeners. Typical for an ESPN radio broad caster.

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 11:56 AM

It happens.

Pappy
I wouldn't expect any coach except Bobby Knight to be mean to kids at a camp!

Honestly, I could care less cause I'm not a Cuse fan but my friend was completely crushed... this was back in High School at the Dapper Dan at the Civic Arena and he had a Cuse jacket and everything.

Just goes to show you that people are human and I don't think it's fair to say a person is this or that based on one experience..

Just because a player is nice to you... it doesn't mean the other story about him being a jerk can't be true.

Jom112
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
He reportedly went to a party , then notice Jeff Reed was there and said to an unidentified source Quote * Why is he here and who invited him ( Jeff Reed ) And later left because of that.

If Reed was drinking, I would avoid him too... :stirpot

papillon
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM

It happens.

Pappy
I wouldn't expect any coach except Bobby Knight to be mean to kids at a camp!

Honestly, I could care less cause I'm not a Cuse fan but my friend was completely crushed... this was back in High School at the Dapper Dan at the Civic Arena and he had a Cuse jacket and everything.

Just goes to show you that people are human and I don't think it's fair to say a person is this or that based on one experience..

Just because a player is nice to you... it doesn't mean the other story about him being a jerk can't be true.

And vice versa...

Ben could be a jerk or a nice guy or both, depending on the day and events of that day.

Pappy

SteelBucks
12-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I listen to Ken Laird on podcasts, and personally I think he is a first class a$$ sniffer.

Most of the stuff he reports is to drum up listeners. Typical for an ESPN radio broad caster.

I agree. His "sky is falling, everything is bad in Steelerland" act gets old after awhile. Granted this year is terrible but Laird acts the same way during SB years.

flippy
12-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Ben probably just prefers to role with Sepulveda cause he's tough.

Steelhere10
12-18-2009, 04:55 PM

This "information" is completely unsubstantiated...nothing but BS spewed by a guy trying to get ratings. Dude ! why do you always follow me around sniffing my jocks , every time i post something you always have something to say. What did you all of the sudden become the board police or Mr. Steelers football. There are people on this board who want to know about their favorite players or part of their personal lives. Granted this may or may not be true but if it don't interest you , don't comment and move to the next subject. :arrow:

steelblood
12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
I have no doubt that Ben is sometimes a jerk and doesn't always make the best social decisions. He has demonstrated questionable judgement before. But, I really don't care. As long as he is not pulling drama queen crap that will turn the team against him, it doesn't really matter. Most guys on the roster, if put under a microscope, would also be in the same category.

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I have no doubt that Ben is sometimes a jerk and doesn't always make the best social decisions. He has demonstrated questionable judgement before. But, I really don't care. As long as he is not pulling drama queen crap that will turn the team against him, it doesn't really matter. Most guys on the roster, if put under a microscope, would also be in the same category.

Most guys do not make the money he makes on this team. I remember an athlete going off on the "star" on his team when he tried to deflect the criticism after a loss.

Basically he said "When we win.. you get tons of credit and magazine covers, shoe contracts etc....but when we lose you want to spread it around?"

Whether Steeler fans/Ben fans like it or not Ben is going to get the bulk of the criticism because he makes the most money. He is the franchise.

Whether these rumors are true or not the best thing Ben can do is go out and win a game regardless if the D blows or not. Will his O to victory.. winning changes to tone and atmosphere of the city and newspapers.

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 10:42 PM

This "information" is completely unsubstantiated...nothing but BS spewed by a guy trying to get ratings. Dude ! why do you always follow me around sniffing my jocks , every time i post something you always have something to say. What did you all of the sudden become the board police or Mr. Steelers football. There are people on this board who want to know about their favorite players or part of their personal lives. Granted this may or may not be true but if it don't interest you , don't comment and move to the next subject. :arrow:

I'm not following you around. You posted some rumors here and you're getting called on it. Not just by me but by others as well.

If you don't like it then keep your rumors to yourself.

williar
12-18-2009, 11:28 PM
What!! You mean he wasn't studying game film, working out with his wide receivers and trying to improve his game?? Surprised...

NJ-STEELER
12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
i just heard from another ESPN report that peyton manning invites his whole team out to a picnic every week.

they share finger sandwiches and cherry Pop after potato sack races

Steelhere10
12-19-2009, 12:56 AM
[quote="stlrz d":39cthq1b]Is this forum suddenly the National Enquirer?

I'm not following you around. You posted some rumors here and you're getting called on it. Not just by me but by others as well.

If you don't like it then keep your rumors to yourself.[/quote:39cthq1b]How am i posting rumors , when i gave you the link to listen for yourself jackass !!!!! And who are you ? that i have to prove anything to you, You are nobody to me and if you don't like what i post then don't open the thread. Better yet just put me on ignore and that will solve the problem for both of us. You are nobody of importance , just a clown that patrol this board like you are everything Steelers. Let me guess ? this is your life and you have nothing better to do. LMAO ! A female will solve that you know.

stlrz d
12-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Posting rumors that some local yokel talking head is espousing is posting rumors.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Most guys do not make the money he makes on this team. I remember an athlete going off on the "star" on his team when he tried to deflect the criticism after a loss.

Basically he said "When we win.. you get tons of credit and magazine covers, shoe contracts etc....but when we lose you want to spread it around?"

Whether Steeler fans/Ben fans like it or not Ben is going to get the bulk of the criticism because he makes the most money. He is the franchise.

Whether these rumors are true or not the best thing Ben can do is go out and win a game regardless if the D blows or not. Will his O to victory.. winning changes to tone and atmosphere of the city and newspapers.

Ben's never been a guy to spread the blame around after a loss, though. In fact, he is quite the opposite. When everyone and their mother can see that his o-line was sucking royally, Ben would deflect criticism away from his offensive line and stand up for them at a time when no one else was.

feltdizz
12-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I know Ben takes the blame... Yet some fans are surprised Ben is getting the blame or the rumors... The franchise guy always gets the heat.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
i just heard from another ESPN report that peyton manning invites his whole team out to a picnic every week.

I can just picture Dwight Freeney pushing Dallas Clark in the tire swing down by the water hole! :lol:

cruzer8
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM

I can just picture Dwight Freeney pushing Dallas Clark in the tire swing down by the water hole! :lol:

Awesome! :lol:

Jooser
12-19-2009, 03:55 PM

:D