PDA

View Full Version : Go Indy

flippy
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Beat the Jags.

This is the first of many games we've got to root for. Is the impossible possible? I hope so. 1 game at a time. Get out your terrible towels and let's bring some magic to end this season.

Troy's not coming back for the last game for nothing. I'm believing in these guys. I've been bummed for a couple weeks now, and it's time to turn around and get excited again.

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!

JAR
12-17-2009, 11:27 AM
If the Steelers get down a score on Sunday a majority of the fans are going to let them have it. We need Heinz going crazy Sunday and not with boos and empty seats.

Iron Shiek
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I like it Flippy. ONE GAME AT A TIME!

I'm the biggest Colts fan tonight! Just like their fans, I'm gonna bandwagon! Johnny Unitas is the greatest Quarterback in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

flippy
12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
http://www.nflgolfstore.com/colts_super.jpg

I'm waving one of these tonight!!!!

Iron Shiek
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Should we start a Jags lookalike contest? How about stlrz_d firing up a Colts-Jags prediction thread and fordfixer can start posting every Colts article published, even the ones about how many times Peyton took a dump today.

I'm talking full fledged overhaul of this forum for a half a day!

""Don't worry. Don't worry, I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and flip out man. All I wanna know is who's coming with me? Who's coming man? Who's coming with me? Huh? Who's coming with me man?"

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
If the Steelers get down a score on Sunday a majority of the fans are going to let them have it. We need Heinz going crazy Sunday and not with boos and empty seats.

My seat will be filled, and my voice will be heard, whenever the opposing offense takes the field.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Sports Fan Towel? Could you think of a more generic name if you tried?

Seriously? So folks that in Indiana that are Pacer fans or IRL fans or whatever get to wave this "Sports Fan Towel" now? They are sports fans! Wow...

anger 82&95
12-17-2009, 01:35 PM

Seriously? So folks that in Indiana that are Pacer fans or IRL fans or whatever get to wave this "Sports Fan Towel" now? They are sports fans! Wow...Kind of reminds you of the can of FOOD in the movie Repo Man.

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Seriously? So folks that in Indiana that are Pacer fans or IRL fans or whatever get to wave this "Sports Fan Towel" now? They are sports fans! Wow...Kind of reminds you of the can of FOOD in the movie Repo Man.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LU0UAZ407Hs/SaIQCkWiA0I/AAAAAAAACmo/AUgBOgphavc/s400/repo+man+food.png

:lol:

papillon
12-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope Manning plays into the third quarter or until they have a huge lead. If they only let him play a half or less the Jags could win this one easily.

Pappy

SteelAbility
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I like it Flippy. ONE GAME AT A TIME!

I'm the biggest Colts fan tonight! Just like their fans, I'm gonna bandwagon! Johnny Unitas is the greatest Quarterback in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yes, and Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon should go straight to the Pro Football Hall of Fame after the season is over.

SteelAbility
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Seriously? So folks that in Indiana that are Pacer fans or IRL fans or whatever get to wave this "Sports Fan Towel" now? They are sports fans! Wow...

The Sports Fan Towel is brought to you by

Soap ... it's for cleanin'!!

and by

Food ... it's what's for eatin'!!

feltdizz
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I've seen crazier things happen... I could see the perfect storm getting us into the playoffs..

but the reality is we have to win a game this week.

JAR
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
and Oakland is starting Charlie Frye against Denver, Oakland can win that game.

feelthesteel
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
who sang that song I like dreamin

Shoe
12-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I feel that you only have so many "lives" (as in cat with nine lives), when it comes to rooting for stuff like this. I think I used one in '05, when we had that improbable run to the SB. I also think I wasted one back in like '89, when a bunch of things had to occur (and did) to get us into the playoffs (we had Denver on the ropes in Denever). I probably used one on that last drive in the SB last year too, as well as a few here and there.

I don't want to "waste" my hope on this, until someone can tell me what we need to occur. As I understand it:
-Jags have to lose out
-So does Denver?
-So does Baltimore?

If that is the case (and of course assuming we win out), that's too much to hope for. Just wasting my bullets on it.

Iron Shiek
12-18-2009, 12:13 AM
HECK YEAH BABY! My Colts pulled out.

Now I can hate them again! You suck Peyton!

Steelers get some more help. Thankfully. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Just about the perfect scenario for me tonight. MJD got me 26 points in the first playoff matchup in my money fantasy league at work, but the Colts got the win, helping the Steelers remote chances out in the process. I'm glad Caldwell played Manning, Wayne, Clark, etc. for the entire game instead of benching them after a quarter or two since they have already clinched everything they can clinch.

papillon
12-18-2009, 12:16 AM
HECK YEAH BABY! My Colts pulled out.

Now I can hate them again! You suck Peyton!

Steelers get some more help. Thankfully. :tt2

The journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step. Well, the Steelers got the first step tonight.

Pappy

Lebsteel
12-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I feel that you only have so many "lives" (as in cat with nine lives), when it comes to rooting for stuff like this. I think I used one in '05, when we had that improbable run to the SB. I also think I wasted one back in like '89, when a bunch of things had to occur (and did) to get us into the playoffs (we had Denver on the ropes in Denever). I probably used one on that last drive in the SB last year too, as well as a few here and there.

I don't want to "waste" my hope on this, until someone can tell me what we need to occur. As I understand it:
-Jags have to lose out
-So does Denver?
-So does Baltimore?

If that is the case (and of course assuming we win out), that's too much to hope for. Just wasting my bullets on it.

Jags will lose next week at NE, so that will give them 8 losses. It won't matter what they do the last week.

Denver is probably in as the first wild card.

Baltimore would have to lose against us and then either Chicago or Oakland.

NYJ will probably lose at Indy next week giving them 7 losses and we might have the tiebreaker against them.

Miami will probably lose at Tennessee and then against us so that would give them 8 losses.

We still have a chance, but a very slim one. It looks like the wild cards will be Denver and Baltimore. That makes the OT loss against the Ravens hurt all the more.

SteelAbility
12-18-2009, 01:23 AM

-Jags have to lose out
-So does Denver?
-So does Baltimore?

Nope. Jags needed to lose 2 of their final 3. They lost to IND tonight. So down to 1 of final 2. BAL needs to lose 2 of 3 (with one of those being PIT). Denver gets a bit tricky. IMO, we actually want DEN to win out to avoid 3 and 4 way tie-breaks where we lose out on Conference record. DEN has KC and OAK at home. Contrary to popular opinion, I believe continued wins by DEN favor us.

Believe it or not, the following gives us control of our own destiny

Jags lose 1 of next 2 (next game is @NE)
BAL loses to CHI (or OAK in week 17)
NYJ lose one conference game

flippy
12-18-2009, 09:14 AM
WooooooooOOOOO!! Keep hope alive.

papillon
12-18-2009, 09:42 AM
WooooooooOOOOO!! Keep hope alive.

Preach it brother Flippy! :tt1 :tt1

Pappy

Lebsteel
12-18-2009, 01:50 PM

-Jags have to lose out
-So does Denver?
-So does Baltimore?

Nope. Jags needed to lose 2 of their final 3. They lost to IND tonight. So down to 1 of final 2. BAL needs to lose 2 of 3 (with one of those being PIT). Denver gets a bit tricky. IMO, we actually want DEN to win out to avoid 3 and 4 way tie-breaks where we lose out on Conference record. DEN has KC and OAK at home. Contrary to popular opinion, I believe continued wins by DEN favor us.

Believe it or not, the following gives us control of our own destiny

Jags lose 1 of next 2 (next game is @NE)
BAL loses to CHI (or OAK in week 17)
NYJ lose one conference game

It may come down to Baltimore knocking us out with the Oakland game. Dare we root for the Bungals to beat the Jets in their last game?

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
My Colts pulled out.

My Colts pulled it out.

Otherwise, it sounds like an equine birth control method. :wink: