PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry is Dead

flippy
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Holy moly, this is tragic. Sucks after all this guy has been through. Best wishes to Chris, family, and the Bengals.

If the Steelers don't make the playoffs this year, I'm rooting for Cincy.

JTP53609
12-17-2009, 11:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

jeez louezz

frankthetank1
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
this is awful. it seemed like he had finally turned a corner and was getting his head straight and this happens. cincy has had it rough this season off the field. he was only 26 too. way too young

phillyesq
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Truly sad and awful.

BDESteel
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Very tragic. Things like this puts things like making the playoffs into perspective real quick. RIP Chris.

Steeler Mafia
12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20091217/SPORTS/912170330/Bengals++receiver+Chris+Henry+dies+day+after+domes tic+dispute

Horrible news. A fellow Mountaineer has died. He was only 26 years old with three children. When I wish bad things to happen to the Bengals, this was the furthest thing from my mind. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Jom112
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
It's very unfortunate. Way too young to pass away...

Iron Shiek
12-17-2009, 11:41 AM
RIP CH

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Thought & Prayers to his family. It is a tragedy.

Steelgal
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Definately a terrible tragedy. Listening to a press conference now from the Bengals.

rpmpit
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
RIP, Chris. And prayers to his family and the Bengals organization.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Holy moly, this is tragic. Sucks after all this guy has been through. Best wishes to Chris, family, and the Bengals.

If the Steelers don't make the playoffs this year, I'm rooting for Cincy.

:Agree

NW Steeler
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Tragic news. Way too young to check out. I might have to actually root for Cinci in the playoffs.
Rest in peace young man.

SidSmythe
12-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Only 26 ... it's a shame.
Life is precious, even for those w/ troubled pasts.
My thoughts are w. his family and children and may God bless them and may a man step in and help raise them.

SteelAbility
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
VERY sad here. RIP Chris Henry.

frenchie
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
God bless his 3 kids. So tragic.

cruzer8
12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Very tragic indeed. :(

calmkiller
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
RIP my fellow EER. You will be missed.

Wolfhound45
12-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Rest in peace. Much too young.

BURGH86STEEL
12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Not to many words can be said at a time like this. I feel for the dudes family.

ramblinjim
12-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Same sentiments here, way too young.

RIP Chris Henry

God be with his fiance and his kids.

feelthesteel
12-17-2009, 07:31 PM
RIP C.H.

sd steel
12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I hear he was a fantastic fellow, a real character guy. Sorry to see someone who has done so much for society and young people in general, (I think he had 3), die at such a young age. I'm sure his fiance misses him dearly, hence the reason she didn't go back and pick him up after he was attacking her. Sad sad story when it happens to such a great person who really turned his life around in the way that he did.

eniparadoxgma
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
I hear he was a fantastic fellow, a real character guy. Sorry to see someone who has done so much for society and young people in general, (I think he had 3), die at such a young age. I'm sure his fiance misses him dearly, hence the reason she didn't go back and pick him up after he was attacking her. Sad sad story when it happens to such a great person who really turned his life around in the way that he did.

Where does your info on that come from?

NKySteeler
12-17-2009, 09:12 PM

... It's actually good info... While I feel for the kids, the whole incident is the result of a dispute between him and his fiance... Here is the audio from a 911 caller reporting him in the back of the pick-up beating on the window prior to the accident... Also, FWIW, this was also the news reported here in Cincy.

Yes, he had started to turn his life around a bit, and I truly think it is a sad story and ending, and I feel for the kids... But it was still a result from a domestic dispute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6hNnYh ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6hNnYhsqU&feature=player_embedded)

sd steel
12-17-2009, 09:21 PM

You can read this:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

I'm guessing they got in a fight, he started beating her, she left the house and got into the truck, he jumped in back to try and stop her, and beat her some more, and she dumped him out of the truck. She isn't facing any charges from what I have read, and the police were stationed outside of his hospital room to arrest him if he came to.

NorCal-Steeler
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
i was sitting here reading all these post on this POS and thinking wow i feel for his kids and family but the guy was still a turd and no matter how many times he got flushed he keeps coming back. Feel for the family but root for the felons cause one goes down? seems like Ben isnt the only one who took a blow to the head. The guy died being the a$$ he always was. Maybe this is what the bungholes need to impode.

eniparadoxgma
12-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I was just curious as I hadn't heard about that aspect of it. I'd heard it was a domestic dispute but nothing stating that he was beating her or that he was the aggressor. Man.

NorCal-Steeler
12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
he was 1 break check from being the next Rae Carruth. :shock:

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
I was just curious as I hadn't heard about that aspect of it. I'd heard it was a domestic dispute but nothing stating that he was beating her or that he was the aggressor. Man.

Correct. Nothing about him being the aggressor.

Since we're playing the guessing game, how about he jumped in the back of the truck to try and stop her, she tromped on the gas and he was beating on the back of it to try and get her to stop...you know...because he was in the back of an OPEN pick up truck that was speeding down the road...with nothing to protect him...and it was going too fast for him to jump out?

Or we could just make assumptions because he's been in trouble previously and no one ever turns their life around.

The whole thing is sad for everyone involved. And for someone to sit anonymously behind a keyboard and post such hatefulness is simply pathetic.

sd steel
12-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Since we're playing the guessing game, how about he jumped in the back of the truck to try and stop her, she tromped on the gas and he was beating on the back of it to try and get her to stop...you know...because he was in the back of an OPEN pick up truck that was speeding down the road...with nothing to protect him...and it was going too fast for him to jump out?

Or we could just make assumptions because he's been in trouble previously and no one ever turns their life around.

The whole thing is sad for everyone involved. And for someone to sit anonymously behind a keyboard and post such hatefulness is simply pathetic.

Why isn't she in jail or facing charges then? You look to pick fights. I could give a crap about Chris Henry, he was a piece of garbage, and he obviously didn't turn his life around. For you to act like you knew the scumbag and are trying to paint your "friend" in a better light is truly pathetic. If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....

You are just making assumptions as well but yours are far more far fetched.

Sugar
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
No one has been charged... yet. The authorities are looking into this and I'm sure we'll here more in the coming days.

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
[quote=eniparadoxgma]I was just curious as I hadn't heard about that aspect of it. I'd heard it was a domestic dispute but nothing stating that he was beating her or that he was the aggressor. Man.

Why isn't she in jail or facing charges then? You look to pick fights. I could give a crap about Chris Henry, he was a piece of garbage, and he obviously didn't turn his life around. For you to act like you knew the scumbag and are trying to paint your "friend" in a better light is truly pathetic. If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....

You are just making assumptions as well but yours are far more far fetched.[/quote:38lq86sm]

Why isn't she in jail?

Why should she be? She was driving a truck, he was in the back, he fell out.

Why should she be in jail?

You're the one who is pathetic.

Ben will never be a leader...no way Henry turned his life around...and on and on and on.

Aren't you just mr perfect. :roll:

sd steel
12-17-2009, 10:55 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2sdeghyp][quote=eniparadoxgma]I was just curious as I hadn't heard about that aspect of it. I'd heard it was a domestic dispute but nothing stating that he was beating her or that he was the aggressor. Man.

You are just making assumptions as well but yours are far more far fetched.[/quote:2sdeghyp]

Why isn't she in jail?

Why should she be? She was driving a truck, he was in the back, he fell out.

Why should she be in jail?

You're the one who is pathetic.

Ben will never be a leader...no way Henry turned his life around...and on and on and on.

Aren't you just mr perfect. :roll:[/quote:2sdeghyp]

No. I'm not perfect. Although you wish you were me.

As far as why she should be in jail? Um well, she drove recklessly to throw a guy out of the back of her truck, then left the scene and didn't return.

Now if he was causing her harm, that would make sense, but anything else and she would by tried and for leaving the scene of the accident.

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Nah, I don't wish I was some coward who feels the need to come on some message board and trash a guy after he's experienced a tragic death and left 3 very young kids without a father.

Now how do you know she was driving recklessly? Where was that reported?

How do you know she "left the scene" and that she wasn't trying to get to a phone to call for help? Was it reported that she fled the scene? I haven't seen that. Have you?

For someone to have the need to come on a message board in a situation like this to trash a guy says a lot about the lack of character and the mentality of that individual.

sd steel
12-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Nah, I don't wish I was some coward who feels the need to come on some message board and trash a guy after he's experienced a tragic death and left 3 very young kids without a father.

How do you know she "left the scene" and that she wasn't trying to get to a phone to call for help? Was it reported that she fled the scene? I haven't seen that. Have you?

For someone to have the need to come on a message board in a situation like this to trash a guy says a lot about the lack of character and the mentality of that individual.

No, it says alot about our society when you have people posting about how sorry they feel for a 5 time convicted dirtbag, who has been arrested for DUI, drugs, guns, having forceble sex with minors, who has 3 kids out of wedlock, and was in the act of beating the mother of his children before he fell out of the back of a speeding truck to his untimely death. (And yes she left the scene and didn't return).

If he wasn't a preofessional football player would you be saying how sad of a story it is?

No you'd be saying thank god we don't have to pay more money to put him behind bars.
The guy was given chance after chance, and nobody screwed him but himself.

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 12:31 AM
[quote="stlrz d":6zed9pn3]Nah, I don't wish I was some coward who feels the need to come on some message board and trash a guy after he's experienced a tragic death and left 3 very young kids without a father.

No, it says alot about our society when you have people posting about how sorry they feel for a 5 time convicted dirtbag, who has been arrested for DUI, drugs, guns, having forceble sex with minors, who has 3 kids out of wedlock, and was in the act of beating the mother of his children before he fell out of the back of a speeding truck (were you there?) to his untimely death. (And yes she left the scene and didn't return). Got a link that says she left the scene...and states without a doubt that she wasn't going for help?

If he wasn't a preofessional football player would you be saying how sad of a story it is?

No you'd be saying thank god we don't have to pay more money to put him behind bars.
The guy was given chance after chance, and nobody screwed him but himself.[/quote:6zed9pn3]

sd steel
12-18-2009, 12:42 AM
[quote="sd steel":pwc6b31o][quote="stlrz d":pwc6b31o]Nah, I don't wish I was some coward who feels the need to come on some message board and trash a guy after he's experienced a tragic death and left 3 very young kids without a father.

No, it says alot about our society when you have people posting about how sorry they feel for a 5 time convicted dirtbag, who has been arrested for DUI, drugs, guns, having forceble sex with minors, who has 3 kids out of wedlock, and was in the act of beating the mother of his children before he fell out of the back of a speeding truck (were you there?) to his untimely death. (And yes she left the scene and didn't return). Got a link that says she left the scene...and states without a doubt that she wasn't going for help?

The guy was given chance after chance, and nobody screwed him but himself.[/quote:pwc6b31o][/quote:pwc6b31o]

I have been listening to the coverage on the radio all day, and I heard the 911 calls, and the police did go back to her home, and there are witnesses to what happened, and the police were stationed outside his hospital room to take him to jail if he recovered.

I'm not looking for links to posts. Why do you presume a 5 time convicted felon would be on the right side of the situation? I'm not on the jury so i don't have to presume he is innocent. I can use good old common sense a see that he was at fault. Why would he jump in the bed of a moving vehicle if he wasn't the aggressor and pound of the back window to try to get her to stop? Most normal people, after a disagreement, when their girlfriend left after a argument would let them cool off, maybe sleep on it and try to make up later or leave. Just because the world has to be politcally correct on everything doesn't mean I have to be.

Shoe
12-18-2009, 01:23 AM
No, it says alot about our society when you have people posting about how sorry they feel for a 5 time convicted dirtbag, who has been arrested for DUI, drugs, guns, having forceble sex with minors, who has 3 kids out of wedlock, and was in the act of beating the mother of his children before he fell out of the back of a speeding truck to his untimely death. (And yes she left the scene and didn't return).

The guy was given chance after chance, and nobody screwed him but himself.

I'm not gonna share in your sorta dancing on the man's grave thing you got going here, but I do understand some of what you are saying. (I'm assuming all the things you are saying about him are true too--I had no idea on a lot of it.)

I'm reading how the guy had definitively turned his life around (from fans who only know what they've read)--after a few months of felony free behavior.

That his kids will be missing a "great father". (Whooping the mother's a$s does go into being a good father IMO.)

It is a commentary on our society: a regular black man (with this record) who met his demise would be met with more "good riddance" "karma is a b-" "what goes around comes around" talk... but because CH could run fast and catch footballs, he is memorialized like a folk hero.

buckeyehoppy
12-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Wow... this is getting to be a hornet's nest.

Just wanted to wish the best for Chris Henry's family as they lay him to rest. A young life taken way too soon.

Condolences to the Mountaineer and Bengals Nations on his passing. R.I.P. CH :(

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Wow... this is getting to be a hornet's nest.

Just wanted to wish the best for Chris Henry's family as they lay him to rest. A young life taken way too soon.

Condolences to the Mountaineer and Bengals Nations on his passing. R.I.P. CH :(

You got that right. Some people can't help but show how "superior" they are by spouting off assumptions just because the guy made mistakes in the past...yet assumptions made that disagree with his views simply can't be possible.

Apparently someone's mother never told them that if you can't say anything nice then it's best not to say anything at all. Regardless of what a person thinks of Henry, he has family and friends who cared about him. And kids who will grow up without their father. Have some respect for God's sake. Quit trying to be an internet tough guy. Just once.

Chadman
12-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Regardless of who is or is not at fault, or if Chris Henry lived the life of a turd or not- is irrelevent in this messege board.

A little respect people, come on.

It's not hard.

sd steel
12-18-2009, 01:57 AM
Regardless of who is or is not at fault, or if Chris Henry lived the life of a turd or not- is irrelevent in this messege board.

It's not hard.

Respect for what? Yes maybe I shouldn't have posted in this thread. But sometimes it seems like we, (in our new PC society), have to try and pretend we feel bad that bad things sometimes happen to bad people. I'm not rejoicing, but screw Chris Henry and his ilk. He got what was coming. Yes many of his teammmates seemed to love him, and I don't know what kind of father he was, but I'm guessing not great, especially if he was banging minors within the last few years. If you want to pray and feel sorry that is your perogative, but this is an open forum, and the guy deserves no ones pity.

Chadman
12-18-2009, 02:54 AM

It's not hard.

Respect for what? Yes maybe I shouldn't have posted in this thread. But sometimes it seems like we, (in our new PC society), have to try and pretend we feel bad that bad things sometimes happen to bad people. I'm not rejoicing, but screw Chris Henry and his ilk. He got what was coming. Yes many of his teammmates seemed to love him, and I don't know what kind of father he was, but I'm guessing not great, especially if he was banging minors within the last few years. If you want to pray and feel sorry that is your perogative, but this is an open forum, and the guy deserves no ones pity.

I have no particular feelings towards Chris Henry. He never has done anything for me, and I don't necessarily agree with his choice in lifestyle.

But the man is dead, and as a result, unable to defend himself.

What is the point now, of kicking dirt onto his name? Did he ever wrong you?

Sometimes, in a situation where you don't agree, it takes the bigger man to simply say nothing. As a moderator, I felt I needed to step in to hopefully put out fires. As a poster- you will note I haven't posted.

As I said, sometimes being silent is the best action to take.

A little respect for those that might regret his passing- that's all I'm asking for.

sd steel
12-18-2009, 03:02 AM

It's not hard.

I have no particular feelings towards Chris Henry. He never has done anything for me, and I don't necessarily agree with his choice in lifestyle.

Sometimes, in a situation where you don't agree, it takes the bigger man to simply say nothing. As a moderator, I felt I needed to step in to hopefully put out fires. As a poster- you will note I haven't posted.

A little respect for those that might regret his passing- that's all I'm asking for.

10-4, point made.

flippy
12-18-2009, 09:09 AM

It's not hard.

Sidebar - I was just thinking about something similar recently but kinda applies. It's kinda weird how we feel bad for the vulnerable (children for example) in society but at some point decide that a person has passed through that stage of vulnerablity (becomes an adult for example) and we start blaming them or having anger toward them for their actions.

I've started trying to remember in bad situations, even adults can have that same vulnerability and innocence of a young child. Maybe even more so that the average young child because somethings probably happened to them.

I find myself having a hard time balancing compassion with the idea that I have personal responsibility for my actions and we all should be accountable. I think the fact that I'm trying my best everyday and I would like to avoid being judged when I mess up makes me lean toward the side of compassion for others. But it's a hard issue for me to resolve.

SidSmythe
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
No one has been charged... yet. The authorities are looking into this and I'm sure we'll here more in the coming days.

Of course . . . she's guilty in the court of public opinion since public opinion uses logic over facts. the facts right now are no one knows the whole story.

My hope is she took off, he jumped in the back ... he tried climbing in the cab and fell off ... and she stays out of jail, raises the 3 kids and had an excellent life insurance policy.

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 10:02 AM

It's not hard.

If my forefathers hadn't bastardized the English language I may have been able to convey my same opinion in the manner that you did. I'm placing the blame squarely on them.

I'm not pretending anything and it's got nothing to do with PC. I feel bad for a man who was trying, but struggling, to turn his life around. I feel bad for the family and friends he left behind, who loved him and supported him despite his flaws. And it's not just because he was a professional athlete. I feel the same when it comes to someone "common" who finds themselves in a similar situation. We each are given one gift of life and it's tragic when someone, barring someone who has committed great crimes against humanity and society, loses their one life. And it's tragic for those who are left behind.

Leper Friend
12-18-2009, 10:03 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2c3z0ab1]Nah, I don't wish I was some coward who feels the need to come on some message board and trash a guy after he's experienced a tragic death and left 3 very young kids without a father.

The guy was given chance after chance, and nobody screwed him but himself.[/quote:2c3z0ab1]
I'm glad I'm not the only one not losing sleep over this.There are hundreds of murders and deaths every day , why arer we not talking about them ?

It's NEWS because he played football , it's not SAD because he played football.I feel bad for his kids , not because he's dead but because he was a waste.

NWNewell
12-18-2009, 10:03 AM

It's not hard.

Classy

Jom112
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM

It's not hard.

If you don't like the PC society and want to express your opinion that's fine.

What is stupid though is that you are throwing out nothing fact based. You don't know if he was a good father or not and you don't know if he truly turned his life around. So instead of spewing out stupid comments, why not do some research first or STFU...

frankthetank1
12-18-2009, 05:44 PM

It's not hard.

If you don't like the PC society and want to express your opinion that's fine.

What is stupid though is that you are throwing out nothing fact based. You don't know if he was a good father or not and you don't know if he truly turned his life around. So instead of spewing out stupid comments, why not do some research first or STFU...

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

LordVile
12-18-2009, 05:52 PM
from what I read, the guy was a loser. WHen you climb on the back of a moving truck (like a stunt man) to beat your wife some more, you have a chance of dying. Cry me a river. A good team mate?? Oh yeah, the player that got suspended for 1/2 a season for being an assclown. Y'all act like he was THE POPE or something.

frankthetank1
12-18-2009, 06:02 PM
from what I read, the guy was a loser. WHen you climb on the back of a moving truck (like a stunt man) to beat your wife some more, you have a chance of dying. Cry me a river. A good team mate?? Oh yeah, the player that got suspended for 1/2 a season for being an assclown. Y'all act like he was THE POPE or something.

you mean we are acting as if he was a human being. he was 26!!! yeah the guy made some bad decisions in life but who is to say he couldnt or didnt change his life style? people can change. everyone makes bad mistakes but that doesnt mean you dont learn from them. its not like he was ray carruth or anything. what do i know though. go ahead and judge people that you dont even know :roll:

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Calling a dead man a scumbag is worse then anything Chris Henry ever did in my opinion.

I was never in a room with Henry but he reminded me of a few people I grew up with...
They just didn't see right and wrong they way most people did...

feltdizz
12-18-2009, 06:20 PM

you mean we are acting as if he was a human being. he was 26!!! yeah the guy made some bad decisions in life but who is to say he couldnt or didnt change his life style? people can change. everyone makes bad mistakes but that doesnt mean you dont learn from them. its not like he was ray carruth or anything. what do i know though. go ahead and judge people that you dont even know :roll:

You would think Henry had a concentration camp in his back yard...

LordVile
12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Calling a dead man a scumbag is worse then anything Chris Henry ever did in my opinion.

I was never in a room with Henry but he reminded me of a few people I grew up with...

Henry had been involved in a string of legal troubles during his professional career, which include several arrests for such offenses as driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault, and criminal damage. He was suspended for the first four games of the 2008 season. On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females (ages 18, 16 and 15) to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her

:loser :moon

sd steel
12-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Henry had been involved in a string of legal troubles during his professional career, which include several arrests for such offenses as driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault, and criminal damage. He was suspended for the first four games of the 2008 season. On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females (ages 18, 16 and 15) to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her

Hey come on man, that's not as bad as calling some dead guy a "scumbag".
:lol: :lol:

stlrz d
12-18-2009, 10:35 PM

You were there?

papillon
12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
This thread should find its way to the General Discussion forum where it belongs at this point.

Pappy

sd steel
12-18-2009, 11:45 PM

You were there?

Were you?

stlrz d
12-19-2009, 12:59 AM
[quote=LordVile]from what I read, the guy was a loser. WHen you climb on the back of a moving truck (like a stunt man) to beat your wife some more, you have a chance of dying. Cry me a river. A good team mate?? Oh yeah, the player that got suspended for 1/2 a season for being an assclown. Y'all act like he was THE POPE or something.

You were there?

Were you?[/quote:22xg3efh]

I'm not assuming I know what took place.

feltdizz
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM

dui... I believe a Steeler has done that..hell, a coach sent porn pictures..
weed carrying.. Holmes has done that..
assault... Harrison has done that...
accused of sexual assault.. hmmm, TOO EASY...

I feel for people who celebrate or belittle a guys death..

he was a football player.. he wasn't the Pope or a Saint.. no one is saying Henry deserves a national holiday but you guys are acting like you were the girls he was accused of taking advantage of.

NJ-STEELER
12-19-2009, 03:11 AM

thats 4 steelers you had to come up with to "loosely' equal everything henry has done.

i can see a player making a mistake. when there are multiple incidents, its a pattern

sd steel
12-19-2009, 03:51 AM

he was a football player.. he wasn't the Pope or a Saint.. no one is saying Henry deserves a national holiday but you guys are acting like you were the girls he was accused of taking advantage of.

All I was saying is "who cares"? It's been pretty much proven that the guy wasn't a good guy. He died doing something stupid, which would be his MO.

When I see a thread about a guy like this and I see 20 responses with RIP and this guy was turning it around, and we should all feel sorry, I felt the need to post about what an upstanding guy we are talking about. And in the process I get flamed by a few of the ultralibs who feel like my lack of caring was inppropriate. Well, people die, and sometimes they deserve it. If it was Chris Henry, truck driver, or Chris Henry drug dealer, or Chris Henry telemarketer, not one of the guys who are saying RIP would be posting, but because he was in the NFL it's a different story. If you are religious, I apologize, but I am not, but sometimes things work out the way they should. Bad guy dead...good story.

bostonsteeler
12-19-2009, 07:06 AM
[quote=feltdizz]Calling a dead man a scumbag is worse then anything Chris Henry ever did in my opinion.

All I was saying is "who cares"? It's been pretty much proven that the guy wasn't a good guy. He died doing something stupid, which would be his MO.

When I see a thread about a guy like this and I see 20 responses with RIP and this guy was turning it around, and we should all feel sorry, I felt the need to post about what an upstanding guy we are talking about. And in the process I get flamed by a few of the ultralibs who feel like my lack of caring was inppropriate. Well, people die, and sometimes they deserve it. If it was Chris Henry, truck driver, or Chris Henry drug dealer, or Chris Henry telemarketer, not one of the guys who are saying RIP would be posting, but because he was in the NFL it's a different story. If you are religious, I apologize, but I am not, but sometimes things work out the way they should. Bad guy dead...good story.[/quote:1w6s56lo]

a) What were the girls doing in his room? Did they think they were going there to pray?
b) How many of us have had a little pot or driven drunk before we were 24? I'd guess quite a few of us.
c) Assault? He got into a tiff..

He was a kid, for chrissakes. All of 24 when the last of these incidents happened. Agreed, they were stupid, but they were idiotic misdemeanors, not major crimes and they a little about CH the kid, but little about Chris Henry the man.

Somehow I don't get the queueing up to cast the first stone...

Wolfhound45
12-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I had a feeling this thread was going to descend into this.

Cf. Gr. ??? ????????? ?? ??????????, speak no evil of the dead (attributed to the Spartan ephor [civil magistrate] Chilon, 6th cent. bc); L. de mortuis nil nisi bonum, say nothing of the dead but what is good.

Kind words regarding the dead are something that we do as we consider our own frailty and failings. We are thankful for our own lives and we are sorrowful for those who have departed.

Common decency.

NorCal-Steeler
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm sure everyone feels for the family but for the man himself he deserves no pity. This reminds me of how much i hate our local highschool for allowing the band and dance team to do a micheal jackson routine every halftime of every football game. The man was accussed of child molestation several times, convicted or not his music has no place being taught to kids at a school. To celebrate his life after his death like he was a great man. He was talented like no other but because he was talented at music his past was forgotten and forgiven??

feltdizz
12-20-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm sure everyone feels for the family but for the man himself he deserves no pity. This reminds me of how much i hate our local highschool for allowing the band and dance team to do a micheal jackson routine every halftime of every football game. The man was accussed of child molestation several times, convicted or not his music has no place being taught to kids at a school. To celebrate his life after his death like he was a great man. He was talented like no other but because he was talented at music his past was forgotten and forgiven??

This is way off topic and I was a Michael Jackson hater for years until I heard a first hand story from the last guy to work with him. If you know anything about music and publishing then you may know about Michael Jackson buying the Beatles and AVT publishing catalog in 1985 for $40 mill... This transaction was worth over a billion dollars and had Elvis and other songs that make 100's of millions of dollars every year. The industry hated him for that power move and tried to damage his name from that moment on. One thing that sticks out after MJ's death is the huge beatles box set and beatles guitar hero being released right after MJ died. He also warned the industry guy (leader and producer of a top selling group who played at the point before the first steeler game) that he shouldn't trust certain people with his accounting. This guy laughed at the warning... 1 month ago he found out his accountant never paid any taxes for the businesses he set up for him. Ever....

I know... It sounds crazy but my old bandmate works for this guy and there is no reason for him to lie since the money situation hurts all involved and pretty much made them look like fools for
laughing off such a warning.

and stop hating on the dead... Unless they have Hitler statusof course or are mass murderers.