PDA

View Full Version : Carrato steps down as Redskins GM

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
So is lil' Danny trying to clear house for Cowher or are they making a late run at the Walrus (goo goo ga joob) before the Brownies tarnish his career?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 86295.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1386295.html)

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm sure they want to be in the Shanahan sweepstakes as well. I believe he is looking for full power too.

stlrz d
12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm sure they want to be in the Shanahan sweepstakes as well. I believe he is looking for full power too.

I didn't mention him because I was trying to keep it Steelers related. :P

I mentioned him in my post on CHFF though. :D

Iron Shiek
12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Already hired Bruce Allen. Zorn out...would Gruden be ready to leave MNF already and start over with the Skins?

flippy
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Bruce Allen came to Tampa after they won a SuperBowl and has left them in the sorry state they're in right now. Wonder why Snyder would hire this guy?

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Okay...so we have Cerrato's resignation this morning, and before noon, Bruce Allen is already in place to replace him. It was noted that "The Redskins already have complied with the league's Rooney Rule and have interviewed at least two minority candidates." When the hell could this have happened?

Steelgal
12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Okay...so we have Cerrato's resignation this morning, and before noon, Bruce Allen is already in place to replace him. It was noted that "The Redskins already have complied with the league's Rooney Rule and have interviewed at least two minority candidates." When the hell could this have happened?

yeah, just like they didn't commit any violations when they signed Albert Haynesworth right after midnight when free agency opened :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Perhaps they interviewed an actual overpaid janitor that cleans up the team offices. That counts, right?

Or maybe since they are all "Redskins" that fulfilled the minority requirement right off the bat (even if it is a derogatory term...if the Redskins ran Notre Dame, they would named the Notre Dame Drunken Micks).