PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Chris Henry suffers "life-threatening injuries"

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4749165

Henry in serious condition
Updated: December 16, 2009, 7:03 PM ET
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry suffered serious injuries after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute with his fiance, police said Wednesday.

Henry was found in the road in Charlotte "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said he was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police say Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiance was driving away from a home just before noon.

"The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."

Henry broke his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8, had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Charlotte is home to his fiance's parents, the Bengals said.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said he had little information other than Henry was badly hurt.

"We are aware he was in an accident and that his injuries are very serious," Brennan said. "We are obviously staying in touch with the situation and are ready to offer whatever assistance we can."

Henry is in the final year of his contract with the Bengals, who let him go after his fifth arrest following the 2007 season. Owner Mike Brown then brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal, and Henry had stayed out of trouble since his return.

A deep threat, he was fourth among Bengals receivers this season with 12 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns at the time of his injury.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

JAR
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
That's sad.

JAR
12-16-2009, 08:21 PM
There are now reports that he died, damn.....

http://twitter.com/Biodome10/status/6745193675

Jooser
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Chris Henry is on life support
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 7:07 PM ET
Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer has confirmed with the Bengals and Charlotte police that wide receiver Chris Henry is still alive following a serious car accident Wednesday.

Still, the news surrounding Henry is not good.

Alex Marvez of Fox has reported that Henry is on life support and the situation is being described as "dire."

A fake Twitter account led to multiple outlets from newspapers to major sports and news blogs to repeat the information that Henry passed away.

The fake account purported to be by a NFL reporter, but it clearly is a fake.

We previously passed along reports that Henry's injuries were "life-threatening" and came after a "domestic situation."

ghettoscott
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
damn. will be praying for this dude....

fordfixer
12-16-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... nry-update (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81506093/Chris-Henry-update)

Mister Pittsburgh
12-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Man. Rough.

phillyesq
12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Very sad.

Jom112
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Hoping he pulls thru...

costanza2k1
12-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Geez, not what you want to read. I hope he's ok. Seems like he has everything in order now too...

Shoe
12-16-2009, 10:47 PM
I have read (apparent statement from that local PD) that homicide detectives are conducting an investigation... hopefully that's just kind of a standard move on their part when an accident has occured.

On a side note, who are these thoughtless losers who post on "fake twitter" accounts about something like this?

stlrz d
12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Still hearing that he's on life support. Sad story and hope he pulls through...with no long term, serious consequences.

Wolfhound45
12-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Praying that he pulls through.

grotonsteel
12-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Hope he pulls through this...and play again...

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I have read (apparent statement from that local PD) that homicide detectives are conducting an investigation... hopefully that's just kind of a standard move on their part when an accident has occured.

On a side note, who are these thoughtless losers who post on "fake twitter" accounts about something like this?

You have to wonder about the homocide angle. Was his fiance purposefully trying to throw him out of the bed of the pickup via swerving or sudden braking or whatever? How fast was she driving when he was ejected?

Regarding your second question, you answered it yourself. They are thoughless losers.

proudpittsburgher
12-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Thats too bad. Chris Henry has lived a very troublesome life, but from everything I have heard over the past year, it sounds like he turned things around. Or at least that's what some were saying . . . you never know how true that stuff is. Either way, never good to see a guy in that bad a shape. Prayers with him and his family.

proudpittsburgher
12-17-2009, 11:01 AM
NFL Star Chris Henry Dies
Posted Dec 17th 2009 9:40AM by TMZ Staff

NFL star Chris Henry has died as a result of the injuries he sustained after falling out of the back of a moving pick-up truck yesterday.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police tell TMZ Henry died at 6:36 AM EST this morning.

He was 26.

As we previously reported, cops believe Henry -- a wide receiver on the Cincinnati Bengals -- jumped into the back of the truck, in an attempt to stop his fiancee from leaving a "domestic situation" at her parents' home in North Carolina.

Henry was rushed to a local hospital -- where he passed away this morning.

Authorities tell us they're still investigating the situation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0ZxU8xY4C
Too sad

ikestops85
12-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Tragic to hear this news. He certainly is a talented athlete. My prayers are with him and his family.

ramblinjim
12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
sorry to hear this news. it sounded like he was starting to get it together.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2009, 11:18 AM
R.I.P. Chris Henry

JAR
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Too sad. RIP.

JAR
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I didn't know he had three kids....really sad!

flippy
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Doh, not sure how I missed this thread. This sucks after all that the kid has been through.

If the Bengals some how win a SuperBowl, it will be incredible how the organization has taken chances on guys like this and stuck with them.

What a shame. This guy was such a knucklehead and lived, yet when he gets on the right path, this happens. Life seems so unfair sometimes.

Shoe
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Amazing...

...he "jumped into the back of the truck" during a domestic situation (and of course we don't know specifics) with no reason to think it was to be his last day on earth.

And today, he's gone. Think about it: Yesterday, maybe he was laughing with his friends, or worried about getting the kids ready for school, thinking that he has to get to the post office tomorrow to mail some stuff... and today he's just gone. It's sad--the abruptness of it all.

feltdizz
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Doh, not sure how I missed this thread. This sucks after all that the kid has been through.

If the Bengals some how win a SuperBowl, it will be incredible how the organization has taken chances on guys like this and stuck with them.

What a shame. This guy was such a knucklehead and lived, yet when he gets on the right path, this happens. Life seems so unfair sometimes.

I guess getting on the right path was his purpose in life....

Hopefully other players will think of Henry before making life changing decisions..