PDA

View Full Version : Rams release Richie Incognito.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2009, 03:30 PM
He was a favorite of mine coming out of college. You want fire...Here ya go. Problem is...A hot head and plays pass the whistle. Labeled dirty player but...So was Ward. Change of scenery and maybe a better future could change him. Versatile lineman...Can play center! Only 26 years old. Kemo's injury leaves us very young at G. Kinda late in the game and I'm sure a playoff contender will grab him...But I would of liked a shot at him.

ramblinjim
12-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I remember watching him play and thought he was a hot head but so is Kemo? I tend to think that folks that are dumped at this point in the system have a really big reason for being dumped at this point in the season.

Oviedo
12-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd consider him for sure. Not sure he helps much this season but Essex hasn't exactly been playing to the Pro Bowl level at RG either.

papillon
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
He was a favorite of mine coming out of college. You want fire...Here ya go. Problem is...A hot head and plays pass the whistle. Labeled dirty player but...So was Ward. Change of scenery and maybe a better future could change him. Versatile lineman...Can play center! Only 26 years old. Kemo's injury leaves us very young at G. Kinda late in the game and I'm sure a playoff contender will grab him...But I would of liked a shot at him.

Why would you release at this point in the season? That's odd isn't it? If he can light a fire under the Steelers' collective @sses I'm all for it.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I remember watching him play and thought he was a hot head but so is Kemo? I tend to think that folks that are dumped at this point in the system have a really big reason for being dumped at this point in the season.
2 personal foul penalties last week. benched in second half. 2nd time this year. Looks to me like a competitor sick of loosing. Just my take.

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
So are you saying that Incognito's true identity could be revealed on a team that is better than St. Louis? :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2009, 03:41 PM

Why would you release at this point in the season? That's odd isn't it? If he can light a fire under the Steelers' collective @sses I'm all for it.

Pappy
He had a bad confrontation with Steve Spagnuolo in that 47-7 loss to the Titans. Some guys can't stand to lose over & over. I would be the same way. Give me 5 of these guys!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
So are you saying that Incognito's true identity could be revealed on a team that is better than St. Louis? :lol:

LOL
Leave it to you to come up with that!

ramblinjim
12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
yeah, that was pretty bad ruthless!

those personal foul penalties just destroy drives and if a player costs you 30 yards in a game, well that's like 6 of Colon's false starts.

If he's just p1ssed about losing and would come here and fight like h3ll to not lose then I would be all for it but if he isn't very good and he plays after the whistle and commits personal fouls to make up for it then he can go play for the Raiders.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM

those personal foul penalties just destroy drives and if a player costs you 30 yards in a game, well that's like 6 of Colon's false starts.

If he's just p1ssed about losing and would come here and fight like h3ll to not lose then I would be all for it but if he isn't very good and he plays after the whistle and commits personal fouls to make up for it then he can go play for the Raiders.
If he clears waivers, I'm sure a playoff team with some OL injuries will sign him.

Jigawatts
12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
[youtube:2hrdmibe]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eZ3P8KTz8KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eZ3P8KTz8KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2hrdmibe]

ramblinjim
12-16-2009, 06:42 PM

If he clears waivers, I'm sure a playoff team with some OL injuries will sign him.

I agree, I didn't think of that. It would make sense too.

RussBII
12-16-2009, 07:10 PM
You guys aren't talking about this dude are you?

[youtube:2w7i68vs]eZ3P8KTz8KI[/youtube:2w7i68vs]

Chadman
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
If the Steelers signed Icognito, what would that say about the Kraig Urbik selection last draft?

RussBII
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
moot

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/bills-add-richie-incognito/

/moot

SidSmythe
12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
moot

/moot

those poor Bills ... they've been so desperate that they had to sign Kendall Simmons. but this could turn out to be good for them

Shoe
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
In the thread's favor: we have had success picking Ram discards (Kevin Greene, Duval Love, Tom Newberry, Bettis)

Against the thread: he was discarded by the '09 Rams

I wouldn't hate it. But I don't think we need fire, or talent necessarily. I think our O-line needs a BIG dose of smarts. Neither Starks, Kemo, even Colon seem like smart players.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
If the Steelers signed Icognito, what would that say about the Kraig Urbik selection last draft?
Nothing. He can play center too.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
moot

/moot

those poor Bills ... they've been so desperate that they had to sign Kendall Simmons. but this could turn out to be good for them
I didn't think he would clear waivers. Bills could have just solidified their interior 3 for the future. Eric Wood at C, Incognito at G with Andy Levitre, and Jamon Meredith as a project...I would be excited if that was the Steelers future.