PDA

View Full Version : Can Tomlin do what Coughlin did?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Apparently benched Kewaniuka (sp?), and apparently another huge name starter because they sucked.

The Giants responded by playing their best games of the year.

Will we do the same?

SteelCrazy
12-14-2009, 12:23 AM
No and at this point it really doesn't matter. Tomlin had his shot to be "like" Coughlin and let it slide right by.............

I'm too depressed to be stressed......

stlrz d
12-14-2009, 12:25 AM
The Giants are currently down 45-31 to the Eagles.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-14-2009, 12:33 AM
The Giants are currently down 45-31 to the Eagles.

Well, my point was really - Coughlin took a chance to do what needed to be done, showed some cojones. I don't know if he promised to "unleash hell", or "make changes needed" or not, but he took some real action.

Tomlin didn't have the courage to do that. He's young, and maybe in a few years he will. Or at least the wisdom to keep his mouth shut if he isn't going to back up his words with action.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Apparently benched Kewaniuka (sp?), and apparently another huge name starter because they sucked.

The Giants responded by playing their best games of the year.

Will we do the same?

Sure he can. He can talk about it all week and give the media something to write about. He could even rotate some younger players in with the first teams during practice.
Then come Sunday...Pencil in the same 22.
I like Tomlin...But actions speak.
He has some "Earnin" to do with me...
Until then...

feltdizz
12-14-2009, 04:22 PM
If I'm a back up and I hear about changes and a chance to prove my worth and then he balks on it I lose some respect for the coach.

BURGH86STEEL
12-14-2009, 07:03 PM
I really don't think it would had mattered. The key players on this team made to many mistakes on the field.