PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Arians and Ligashesky gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chucktownsteeler
12-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

Don't now details or if it is accurate!

Christmas comes early!

Chucktown

stlrz d
12-13-2009, 01:22 PM
This is all so far:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4738788

Source: Steelers staff on shaky ground

ESPN.com news services

After five straight losses that have derailed their season, the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff is expected to undergo a considerable makeover this offseason, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Changes are expected with Pittsburgh's special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, amongst others.

Other coaches that could be in trouble in Pittsburgh include offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and offensive line coach Larry Zierlein.

Only one other Super Bowl champion lost five in a row the following season, and the 1987 Giants deserve an asterisk because they used replacement players during part of that strike-interrupted season.

What most troubles the Steelers is who is beating them.

A year ago, the Steelers survived one of the toughest schedules in NFL history to win their sixth Super Bowl, facing the Eagles, Ravens (twice), Chargers, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots and Titans during the season.

This season, their losses to the Browns (1-11 at the time), the Chiefs (2-7 at the time) and Raiders (3-8 at the time) rank as three of the biggest upsets in the NFL all year.

The Browns were last in the NFL in total defense and were playing without five injured starters -- in essence, they were using their replacement team -- yet they held the Steelers without a touchdown and sacked Ben Roethlisberger eight times.

SteelBucks
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Good. This is the best news I've heard since the start of the losing streak.

ANPSTEEL
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
This is all so far:

ESPN.com news services

After five straight losses that have derailed their season, the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff is expected to undergo a considerable makeover this offseason, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Changes are expected with Pittsburgh's special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, amongst others.

Other coaches that could be in trouble in Pittsburgh include offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and offensive line coach Larry Zierlein.

please, please, please.... let this be

Flasteel
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
This is all so far:

ESPN.com news services

please, please, please.... let this be

:tt2

feltdizz
12-13-2009, 02:45 PM
About time we shook up the coaches.... now we need to shake up the old D and bring back the FB.

How many people who wanted a pass happy offense are now craving for the smashmouth?
I know I am.. For some reason people acted like we NEVER passed with the smashmouth style.

brothervad
12-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Felt---totally agree...I have been saying that too myself all season long when we get in those short down situations and B.A. has an empty backfield. People seem to forget that the 5 WR formation actually existed and was used by a Cowher team with Neil O'Donnel. It's just not on a 3rd and 1.

The thing is that all this talk about the new NFL and how it's use the pass to open the run. Well I do believe Cowher is going to be back in the NFL next season and we will likely see a run to open up the pass philosophy again.

We will see if the traditional approach still works in this here Modern NFL.

brothervad

JAR
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Adam Schefter said on Countdown today that if Cowher gets a coaching job, Colbert may go where Cowher goes.

SteelCrazy
12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Not going to happen....maybe special teams coach...but not Arians...Tomlin believes in continuity. I wish it were true...Oh how I wish...

stlrz d
12-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Adam Schefter said on Countdown today that if Cowher gets a coaching job, Colbert may go where Cowher goes.

Well I may decide not to go to work tomorrow too.

I wouldn't read too much into a statement like that. Just some speculation to create a stir. If it happens then Schefter was the first to say it. If it doesn't then no one remembers.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I keep watching this thread to see if there's any confirmation ...

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl easePleasePlease

P.S. This is known as concept art. Can I get a NEA grant now?

dirt
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, i hope this happens. That's all I want for Christmas.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
If it's out that they're out, wouldn't it be better to fire them immediately?

Steeler Shades
12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Not going to happen....maybe special teams coach...but not Arians...Tomlin believes in continuity...
Ligashesky will be the the token sacrificial lamb so that the team can say they made a change. Airens will be stay as long Ben wants him. 8)

steelmann58
12-13-2009, 05:56 PM
There will be more than one coach to go and hopefully since the Steelers will have their season end in a few weeks they should get a better group of Coaches to chose from.

Starlifter
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
never been an arians hater so to speak, but clearly not a big fan. i've also been saying he doesn't have much respect elsewhere in the league. it will be interesting if he gets fired to see where he ends up. does he stay in the NFL? does he end up HC at a division 3 college?

buckeyehoppy
12-13-2009, 06:12 PM
All this Walker character is doing is :stirpot :Blah :stirpot :Blah :stirpot :Blah :stirpot

This guy doesn't sound like he knows shizzle compared to what we all know.

Shoe
12-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Not going to happen....maybe special teams coach...but not Arians...Tomlin believes in continuity...
Ligashesky will be the the token sacrificial lamb so that the team can say they made a change. Airens will be stay as long Ben wants him. 8)

I hate to say it but I think you're right. Ligashesky should've had his bags packed anyway--you can't expect to have a job with that poor a work record.

But... I said "I hate to say it" because heads definitely should roll. People have to be accountable. That's all there is to it. Otherwise, all your bravado and cliches and "we're gonna unleash hell" "let's pla violent football" mean $hit. (I'm going to begin thinking he got the job because he is a master of quotations... as opposed to football)

Heads need to roll.

JAR
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Well I may decide not to go to work tomorrow too.

I wouldn't read too much into a statement like that. Just some speculation to create a stir. If it happens then Schefter was the first to say it. If it doesn't then no one remembers.

I think Colbert sticks with the Rooneys.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
About time we shook up the coaches.... now we need to shake up the old D and bring back the FB.

How many people who wanted a pass happy offense are now craving for the smashmouth?
I know I am.. For some reason people acted like we NEVER passed with the smashmouth style.

I don't think it is the pass first offense that is failing, I think it is Bruce Arians designed pass first offense that is failing. They seem to run the pass first fine in New England, Indianapolis, New Orleans, and San Diego. Arians is out of his league in designing such an offense. He runs the same two dozen plays game after game.

Jooser
12-13-2009, 07:13 PM
More from ESPN:

[espn:3rahrhkv]<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4738849"/></object>[/espn:3rahrhkv]

(after the commercial click the next button on the media player until you come to "Changes Coming for the Steelers" and click it to play)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
What struck me about this is how I, who am pretty ignorant, seem to know a lot more than these so-called experts. Especially the guy who was to Ditka's left (ex-WR on Jets and Bucx?), seems like some producer gave him a cue card with one name on it, "Troy", and that's the only thing he knew about the Steelers.

Nobody mentioned Smith, nobody mentioned play calling suckiness, etc. etc.

Another example of not believing in so called "experts".

BTW - glad to see Vikes crush the Bengals!

stlrz d
12-13-2009, 09:26 PM

I hate to say it but I think you're right. Ligashesky should've had his bags packed anyway--you can't expect to have a job with that poor a work record.

But... I said "I hate to say it" because heads definitely should roll. People have to be accountable. That's all there is to it. Otherwise, all your bravado and cliches and "we're gonna unleash hell" "let's pla violent football" mean $hit. (I'm going to begin thinking he got the job because he is a master of quotations... as opposed to football)

Heads need to roll.

He got the job because he was confident and because he walked into his interview with a detailed, hour-by-hour plan for mini-camp and training camp.

SteelCrazy
12-14-2009, 01:17 AM
The Steelers had no comment to an ESPN report Sunday that the team could be considering changes on its coaching staff after the season. Special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, offensive line coach Larry Zierlein and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians were mentioned as possible assistant coaches who could be in trouble after the team's recent slide.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 57641.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_657641.html)

SteelAbility
12-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Shanahan for OC. Anyone else on this bandwagon? C'mon, there's lots of room.

stlrz d
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Not happening dude.

Oviedo
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Not happening dude.

Shanahan the elder or Shanahan the younger? Kyle Shanahan (the son) is the OC for the Texans and likely to be job hunting at the end of the season. He would be a good hire IMO.

At the top of my list would also be Gary Kubiak and Jeremy Bates.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2009, 11:07 AM

Not happening dude.

Shanahan the elder or Shanahan the younger? Kyle Shanahan (the son) is the OC for the Texans and likely to be job hunting at the end of the season. He would be a good hire IMO.

I'd be happy with USC's O.C. Jeremy Bates or, if the Texans clean house after this season, I would also be happy with Houston's H.C. Gary Kubiak or O.C. Kyle Shanahan. Mike Shanahan will get a head coaching job for next season. He is not an O.C. candidate anywhere.

The only problem with these guys is that we are locked in to big ol' Max Starks and big ol' Chris Kemoeatu. Since they all have Denver ties, they tend to prefer smaller, more athletic o-lineman as opposed to the big fellas we got now.

ramblinjim
12-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't like Arians anymore than anyone else but the O-Line played better this year than they have in awhile and I wouldn't be surprised if Zierliene ends up somewhere else next year as an O-line coach. Heck, he may still be here. The Special Teams last year were pretty good, same coach, same players for the most part.... WTF??? Is that all the coaches fault or are some of our young guys this year not as good as our young guys from last year?

I think the OC needs to go. This O-Line who I've just talked up is built for running the football down peoples throats, we have an RB that looks to be the real deal, and a TE and WR's that can make a team pay when they put 9 in the box. It sounds simple to me; run the ball, heavy play action, run the ball some more; TE down the middle of the field. Hines on the slant, Holmes long, Mendy off tackle. It's not a complicated game and we have guys on "O" that seem to be big strong men than can handle themselves, what's the problem.

As much as I hate to admit this, and I love Dick LeBeau and think he should be in the Hall of Fame, but our D this year has not been up to standard. Now Smitty going down hurts the run D and the pass D because he is so much of a handful and Troy going down is huge and Carter is sub-par back there (as is Ratliff), then it just seems like James Farrior got OLD FAST. And we may have made a mistake with Gay as our #2CB so I don't know what's going to happen this off season but I would love to get back to the kind of D we had last season when we were just dominant.

Jom112
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Not happening dude.

I'm hearing that Kyle Shanahan might join Mike Shanahan where ever he ends up coaching. Current rumor is that Mike would take over the HC position with the Redskins and Kyle would be the O.C.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Not happening dude.

I'm hearing that Kyle Shanahan might join Mike Shanahan where ever he ends up coaching. Current rumor is that Mike would take over the HC position with the Redskins and Kyle would be the O.C.

Well, Mike can either have his son Kyle as his O.C. or his former O.C. Gary Kubiak back again. Whichever one he doesn't take, I'd be interested in.

MeetJoeGreene
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I am not optimistic that Arians will go.

I think the ST coach will go an the OL coach.

I think Tomlin may have a "heart to heart" with Arians and maybe some changes in the O, but I believe he will be back.

But, man, I hope not.

Jigawatts
12-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Didn't they already try the scapegoating angle with A. Harrison?

Darn that Arnold Harrison. Special teams are so much better since his departure.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Darn that Arnold Harrison. Special teams are so much better since his departure.

Arnold Harrison did tackle Santonio Holmes on that last ditch punt return to seal the loss to the Browns on Thursday night. There may be hope for that boy on special teams after all.

Jigawatts
12-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Arnold Harrison did tackle Santonio Holmes on that last ditch punt return to seal the loss to the Browns on Thursday night. There may be hope for that boy on special teams after all.

I could have tackled Santonio the way our special teams block. :wink:

Chadman
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM

I think Tomlin may have a "heart to heart" with Arians and maybe some changes in the O, but I believe he will be back.

But, man, I hope not.

Not so sure MJG- this collapse will be embarrassing for Tomlin, and Chadman, for one, doesn't think Tomlin 'does' embarrassed.

Chadman fully expects to see a few changes- ST (guarenteed), OC (Likely), OL (Possibly), DB (Likely) & even DC (Possibly).

As for WHO the Steelers could get as the new OC- all Chadman asks for is someone that utilises the players available to him that can be dominant- Ben, Ward, Holmes & Rashard. Get the ball in these guys hands, put together a system that matches them up well, and Chadman will be happy.

Still can't figure why Mendenhall doesn't recieve more passes out of the backfield- soft, supple hands & a good route runner. He SHOULD be Ben's safety valve when the pressure closes in.

steelsnis
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Still can't figure why Mendenhall doesn't recieve more passes out of the backfield- soft, supple hands & a good route runner. He SHOULD be Ben's safety valve when the pressure closes in.

Totally agree w/you on this point. Ben goes through stretches where he hits backs out of the backfield, but it looks to me like his first few progressions are always down the field.

IMO, a few wheel routes (a la Tenessee w/Johnson) to Mendenhall is a great way to slow down blitz pressure. They tried it last year in the playoffs with Parker (either vs SD or Bmore). Worked like a charm. Until Parker dropped the ball. Would have been a 20+ gain down the right sideline and possibly a TD.

I think the Steelers have always been chronic under-users of the RB's as receivers. (other than John L. of course)

Chavezz
12-14-2009, 09:50 PM

But, man, I hope not.

Not so sure MJG- this collapse will be embarrassing for Tomlin, and Chadman, for one, doesn't think Tomlin 'does' embarrassed.

Chadman fully expects to see a few changes- ST (guarenteed), OC (Likely), OL (Possibly), DB (Likely) & even DC (Possibly).

As for WHO the Steelers could get as the new OC- all Chadman asks for is someone that utilises the players available to him that can be dominant- Ben, Ward, Holmes & Rashard. Get the ball in these guys hands, put together a system that matches them up well, and Chadman will be happy.

Supple hands? You know from personal experience?? :shock:

pfelix73
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I'll take Coach Steve Logan to be our new OC. He would bring a spark to this offense.

:tt1

Oviedo
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM

But, man, I hope not.

Ben spends at least 4-5 seconds waiting for a WR to get open 30 yards down the field so he can make a big play. He would only need 2-3 seconds to hit and open RB. This is part of the problem. RBs and TEs are open all the time but they are 4th or 5th options on the progression and Ben is still waiting for his #1 and #2 to get open 5 seconds into the play.

Many on this board in the past have whined about not wanting to see the Steelers go to a West Coast offense, but IMO a West Coast offense may be the best thing for our offense and to protect Ben from Ben.

feelthesteel
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
i would love to have Mike Shanahan
look at the qbs he's worked with.
Elway's Bens hero. wishful thinking.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2009, 11:51 PM

Mike is going to get a head coaching job somewhere this offseason, man.

He's not going to be anyone's O.C.

As mentioned in a few threads now, if the Texans clean house after this season, both his son Kyle and his former O.C. (and backup QB to Elway) Gary Kubiak would be available. Assuming that Mike hires one of them as his O.C. whereever he ends up as head coach, we could go after the other one.

Oviedo
12-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Mike is going to get a head coaching job somewhere this offseason, man.

He's not going to be anyone's O.C.

As mentioned in a few threads now, if the Texans clean house after this season, both his son Kyle and his former O.C. (and backup QB to Elway) Gary Kubiak would be available. Assuming that Mike hires one of them as his O.C. whereever he ends up as head coach, we could go after the other one.

RB--you and I are all over Kubiak or Kyle Shanahan.

I have added the name Jeremy Bates into the mix. If in fact Arians goes, and I think he should because he can't take this offense or Ben any further, then who are some of the other candidates? Some thoughts:

Jim Zorn-in terrible situation but I think he had rep as good OC

Jeff Davidson-has done well in Carolina but the team has no QB and John Fox will likely get fired after the season

Chan Gailey-has had success in the past.

The wildcard in all of this is Ben. Whoever comes in will have to forge a relationship with him because he will not like Arians leaving. Not sure a young guys getting his first OC gig will be able to do that.

stlrz d
12-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't mind Zorn as an OC. He struggled to be HC and call the plays but just focusing on the O would be good for him. And being a former NFL QB working with Ben would be a good thing too, imo.

papillon
12-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Pass happy offenses rarely (if ever) win the super bowl. You can win a lot of games with the pass happy style of offense, but, once you're in the playoffs you have to be able to run the ball with some success. The Steelers under Bill Cowher may have leaned too heavily on the run and I believe now they rely too heavily on the pass.

It only takes one game where the defense shuts down either the pass happy offense or the run heavy offense and you're gone from the playoffs. E.G. The Steelers under Cowher and the Patriots of 2007. Neither team had a backup plan should their primary offensive game plan get throttled.

The Steelers have the ability to run the ball with Mendenhall and pass the ball with Ben, there's absolutely no reason to be lopsided one way or the other with the offensive talent on this team. If, indeed, Ben is calling the shots and BA is creating a game plan top heavy in passing for Ben, then the Steelers as an organization need to rein Ben in and tell him that the team's success comes first.

The inmates may be running the asylum and if that's the case then Mike Tomnlin needs to have a meeting with Colbert and Art II about who should be calling the shots and who should be playing to the best of their abilities within the framework that Tomlin dictates.

There is more going on with this team than missing a few plays here and there. I can't put my finger on what "it" is, but, it's not about Xs and Os the Steelers have top 5 talent and are playing like bottom 5 talent. That's coaching in my mind.

A coaching staff may not be able to win a championship (per se), but they sure as hell can lose one and I believe this year was a lost opportunity for this team. They seem to be playing without true purpose or direction as of late.

Pappy

steelsnis
12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't mind Zorn as an OC. He struggled to be HC and call the plays but just focusing on the O would be good for him. And being a former NFL QB working with Ben would be a good thing too, imo.

Man, if we're worried that Arians is too pass-happy, Zorn would send us over the cliff! He's a pure west-coast offense guy

pfelix73
12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm lobbying for Steve Logan. QB's he has developed in a pro style offense:

Jeff Blake
David Garrard
Matt Ryan

He's a TB, Tomlin's old stomping grounds, although Logan was at BC most recently.

Oviedo
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Jeff Blake
David Garrard
Matt Ryan

He's a TB, Tomlin's old stomping grounds, although Logan was at BC most recently.

Steve Logan only has OC experience in the NFL Europe. What about Jeff Jagodzinski? He's done it at the NFL level. Just another name.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2009, 12:41 PM

Jeff Blake
David Garrard
Matt Ryan

Steve Logan only has OC experience in the NFL Europe. What about Jeff Jagodzinski? He's done it at the NFL level. Just another name.

The Bucs fired Jagodzinski 10 days before this season started. Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me.

Oviedo
12-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Jeff Blake
David Garrard
Matt Ryan

The Bucs fired Jagodzinski 10 days before this season started. Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me.

He was successful before that. Tampa was a mess in the preseason and they haven't improved as the season went on. Word I heard was that there was a philosophical conflict with the rookie head coach.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2009, 01:38 PM

Jeff Blake
David Garrard
Matt Ryan

He was successful before that. Tampa was a mess in the preseason and they haven't improved as the season went on. Word I heard was that there was a philosophical conflict with the rookie head coach.

That rookie head coach, Raheem Morris, was an assistant DB coach in Tampa back when Tomlin was the DB coach there, so these two guys know each other quite well. I doubt that if Jags was fired by Morris before even playing one game, that Tomlin would be in a rush to go get this guy. He'll get the low-down from his ol' pal Raheem, and Jags won't be an O.C. candidate here.

pfelix73
12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Jags would make for a good OC too, however, coach Logan is a bit more experienced than coach Jags. Jags used to be under coach at one point in their careers- if I remember correctly from my college days.

cruzer8
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM

Man, if we're worried that Arians is too pass-happy, Zorn would send us over the cliff! He's a pure west-coast offense guy

But the WCO is primarily short passes. Mostly 3 step drops.

That is vastly different from what we are running now.

Oviedo
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM

First, the West Coast does not nullify the run. Roger Craig gained over 8000 yards in his career and had a 4.1 ypc average plus he caught over 500 passes. Mendy is very much a Roger Craig type of back.

Personally, I think the WCO with mostly 3 step drops and emphaisis on horizontal patterns is exactly what we need and it will protect Ben from being Ben, e.g. holding onto the ball too long after a five step drop looking to go vertical.

cruzer8
12-15-2009, 05:24 PM

First, the West Coast does not nullify the run. Roger Craig gained over 8000 yards in his career and had a 4.1 ypc average plus he caught over 500 passes. Mendy is very much a Roger Craig type of back.

Personally, I think the WCO with mostly 3 step drops and emphaisis on horizontal patterns is exactly what we need and it will protect Ben from being Ben, e.g. holding onto the ball too long after a five step drop looking to go vertical.

That's why I was pointing out that it is different from what we run now.

feltdizz
12-15-2009, 06:19 PM

but isn't the WCO based on short timing routes? Ben would never go for that... even if we run the WCO it would only be 50% of the time and the other 50% would be the point and wave to go long.

The only way to protect Ben from Ben is to run...

Less passing means Ben will value his attempts more..

Steel Life
12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Sorry if someone else already brought this up...but what about Mark Whipple? He's helped bring the Miami Hurricanes back to life, has experience with the Steelers organization & Ben has worked with him before. And there's Tom Clements too, he seems to be doing okay coaching Rogers.

Mel Blount's G
12-15-2009, 09:01 PM
They said on MNF last night that Ken Whisenhunt could be looking for a new contract :stirpot :P

Forget about head coaching Whiz and come back home. The cards are about to go into rebuilding mode when Bouldin bolts then Warner retires and frat-party-boy Leinhart gets steamrolled in the pro game. Heck, we'll even let you bring Grimm back with you to do his thing with our lazy, overpaid offensive line. Come on Ken, leave the past behind, come back to America's Team and do what you were born to do: Coach Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steeler offense to Dynastyville :Steel

stlrz d
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM

but isn't the WCO based on short timing routes? Ben would never go for that... even if we run the WCO it would only be 50% of the time and the other 50% would be the point and wave to go long.

The only way to protect Ben from Ben is to run...

Less passing means Ben will value his attempts more..

When did you have occasion to speak with him personally and find that out?

steelernation77
12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Absolutely no west-coast crap. Bring in Chan Gailey.

Chadman
12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Strangely, Chadman believes that Santonio Holmes & Rashard Mendenhall would probably benefit from WCO more than most other Steelers- Holmes is quick in & out of his routes & would be quite good in a quick fire passing attack.

Mendenhall reminds Chadman of Ricky Watters- another RB that was very good in the WCO.

It has it's benefits, if run well.

That said, it's not really an offense designed for Pittsburgh weather.

stlrz d
12-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Strangely, Chadman believes that Santonio Holmes & Rashard Mendenhall would probably benefit from WCO more than most other Steelers- Holmes is quick in & out of his routes & would be quite good in a quick fire passing attack.

Mendenhall reminds Chadman of Ricky Watters- another RB that was very good in the WCO.

It has it's benefits, if run well.

That said, it's not really an offense designed for Pittsburgh weather.

It's been run here for years. :D

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/01/11/2004119902.jpg

BradshawsHairdresser
12-16-2009, 01:54 AM
They said on MNF last night that Ken Whisenhunt could be looking for a new contract :stirpot :P

Forget about head coaching Whiz and come back home. The cards are about to go into rebuilding mode when Bouldin bolts then Warner retires and frat-party-boy Leinhart gets steamrolled in the pro game. Heck, we'll even let you bring Grimm back with you to do his thing with our lazy, overpaid offensive line. Come on Ken, leave the past behind, come back to America's Team and do what you were born to do: Coach Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steeler offense to Dynastyville :Steel

That's funny.

Whisenhunt will not be looking for any OC jobs in the near future. If he's not HC with the Cards, he will be looking to sign on with another team as HC.