PDA

View Full Version : This Could be a Good Thing

NorthCoast
12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
This string of losses may actually turn into a defining time for this team and eventually lead to some very good things.
As others have mentioned Ben and many of the players on this team enjoyed early and frequent success. Like any addiction, you continue to do what you do because the reward continues. But once things turn, it becomes very painful. This team must now sink to new depths before the cure (a change in attitude and approach to the game) can present itself. We have witnessed it here in Stainsland where things have been so bad for so long that they are trying anything to win (including using a practice squad player against the Steelers). With this win against the Steelers, they may now have it the nadir.
I am just wondering how many losses need to happen before Ben and coaches begin realizing true change must happen. Ben and the players have said they 'hate losing like this'. Well, what will THEY do to change it??

NorthCoast
12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I should add one thought. I am not suggesting we are the Browns. The Steelers have talent it a lot of places, WR, RB, TE, QB, LB. Hopefully our nadir to not as low as the Browns who have NO talent. But in the NFL you CAN win with no talent by using a superior scheme. And that is exactly what they did to us.