PDA

View Full Version : NFL analyst 'dead wrong' on Steelers

fordfixer
12-13-2009, 02:08 AM
NFL analyst 'dead wrong' on Steelers
December 11th, 2009
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29 (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2009/12/11/nfl-analyst-dead-wrong-on-steelers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29)

To Steelers fans who are distraught following another mind-boggling loss, you are not the only ones taking the nosedive of an alleged Super Bowl contender personally.

“I’m frustrated because I take great pride in how I study and what I look for and trying to be ahead of the curve and I was dead wrong on them,” former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer said today. “At 6-2, I thought they were going to be one of those 12-4 football teams and they lose a couple, no big deal. Even last week at 6-6, OK they’re going to be 10-6, they’re going to go into the playoffs hot and they’re going to be one of the teams we’re talking about later in January but obviously I was wrong.”

Welcome to the club, Trent.

It is unfathomable how far this team has fallen since a 28-10 win at Denver on Nov. 9.

I’d point out that when all seemed lost in 2006 following a 2-6 start, almost everything broke the Steelers’ way at the end of the season as far as other teams losing — and that the same thing could happen over the next month.

But the Steelers need to win out to have any hope of sneaking into the playoffs — and right now they probably couldn’t beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

“We can’t even worry about playoffs until we win a game,” veteran cornerback Deshea Townsend said.

For that to happen before the 2010 season, the Steelers need to show some of the fire that Casey Hampton displayed following their 13-6 loss in Cleveland Thursday night.

“I’m tired of this (expletive),” the veteran nose tackle said. “We’re too good to be losing these types of games, to these types of teams. You can say there’s parity and (expletive), that you can lose to anybody, man that’s ridiculous. It’s embarrassing.”

We should see in the coming weeks whether Hampton's teammat

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2009, 02:21 AM
The author said that more of the Steelers need to show some of the fire that Casey Hampton displayed after the game, but I disagree. Casey said "We’re too good to be losing these types of games, to these types of teams." That's exhibit #1 that they took the Browns lightly, just like they took the Raiders lightly, and the Chiefs lightly. They need to look at every opponent as a legit NFL team that is capable of beating them, as opposed to the view that it is embarrassing to be losing to "these types of teams." They should take the Browns, Raiders, and Chiefs just as seriously as they take the Vikings, Chargers, and Broncos. But they don't. That's what is embarrassing. And that is why the season is in the crapper.

stlrz d
12-13-2009, 11:08 AM
The author said that more of the Steelers need to show some of the fire that Casey Hampton displayed after the game, but I disagree. Casey said "We’re too good to be losing these types of games, to these types of teams." That's exhibit #1 that they took the Browns lightly, just like they took the Raiders lightly, and the Chiefs lightly. They need to look at every opponent as a legit NFL team that is capable of beating them, as opposed to the view that it is embarrassing to be losing to "these types of teams." They should take the Browns, Raiders, and Chiefs just as seriously as they take the Vikings, Chargers, and Broncos. But they don't. That's what is embarrassing. And that is why the season is in the crapper.

You may be right, but I know guys will say that even if they did take the opponent seriously and still ended up losing.

buckeyehoppy
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM

"Any Given Sunday"

These guys need to keep that quote in mind every time they have a game.

"Play Like A Champion"

These guys need to keep that quote in mind every time they take the field.

Losing to the Clowns happens once in a blue moon. But, when they are 1-11 when they beat you that should NEVER happen. Son Of A B!tch!!!

I said earlier in the season that this team seems to be playing to the ability of their opponents. If that's the case, I fully expect this team to finish 9-7 because they play 3 consecutive playoff contenders to finish the season. If they win them all, great! They're still going to fall short because they decided to take teams lightly. When that's the case, then that's the bed the Steelers made. Sleep well, boys. Sleep well!