PDA

View Full Version : Distractions and Their Impact

flippy
12-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Couple of strange things happened this season. Looking back, I wonder how much effect they had:

1. Ben's rape accusation

2. The Rooney's selling the team/financial issues.

3. Tomlin's mind game of saying we're starting over and we're not SuperBowl champs this year. His mind game was supposed to prevent a let down after winning the SuperBowl.

4. Losing Foote and McFadden. Re: Foote - he played great last season, he's got great instincts, and he's a character guy - did we miss his leadership. Re: McFadden - he's the only DB we've had in the last 10 years besides Troy that could make a play on a ball and we let him go. Was that so we could sign one of our overrated linemen that would still struggle with run blocking and give up a crazy number of sacks against Ben? We really screwed the pooch on McFadden.

5. Injuries

6. Winning the SuperBowl last year and getting worn out.

7. Lack of motivation.

8. Camp Cupcake

frankthetank1
12-12-2009, 12:13 PM
in regards to bmac the steelers definetly made the right move. if he had accepted the steelers offer we would be bashing bmac instead of gay. i've seen a good amount of bmac this season with the cards and it hasnt been pretty.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 02:15 PM
McFadden doesn't have any INT's this year in Arizona either. In his 4 years in Pittsburgh, he's had 1, 3, 1, and 2 INT's, so it wasn't like we lost Rod Woodson here.

stlrz d
12-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Camp cupcake makes me laugh...go to any team's forum and you'll find someone complaining that their team had a "camp cupcake".