PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Stains Wild Card Game

frankthetank1
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Was on NFLN last night at 8pm. it definetly cheered me up a bit. man what a come back win that was. its amazing the amount of changes in the steelers and browns personel only 7 years ago. what was even stranger was watching BA on the stains sidelines and actually called a good game!! i remember watching that game and thinking to myself that kendrell bell was the real deal and going to be a pro bowl caliber MLB for many years to come.

isonator07
12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
I remember he did the same **** he does with us though. Instead of running the clock with the lead late, he threw on 2nd down I believe and the pass was incomplete. I remember thinking at the time how dumb the call was.

frankthetank1
12-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I remember he did the same bad word he does with us though. Instead of running the clock with the lead late, he threw on 2nd down I believe and the pass was incomplete. I remember thinking at the time how dumb the call was.

I never even blamed the playcalling of BA for the stains loss. i always loved dennis northcutt because if he hadnt of dropped an easy catch on a 3rd down late in the 4th qtr the game would have been over. good point though, why put the game in the hands of dennis northcutt in the first place

sd steel
12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I remember he did the same bad word he does with us though. Instead of running the clock with the lead late, he threw on 2nd down I believe and the pass was incomplete. I remember thinking at the time how dumb the call was.

I never even blamed the playcalling of BA for the stains loss. i always loved dennis northcutt because if he hadnt of dropped an easy catch on a 3rd down late in the 4th qtr the game would have been over. good point though, why put the game in the hands of dennis northcutt in the first place

Yeah but if it werent for Northcutt's play earlier in the game TD catches and returns, we wouldn't have been in the hole we were.

As far as BA, the Browns were having trouble running the ball, and we were great against the run, so you are gonna get to opinions from fans. If he runs and burns clock 3 plays in a row, but gives us the ball back and we score he is a dog, and if he passes and doesn't burn clock and doesn't get the first, and we score, he is a dog. If northcutt executes and catches the ball they win. He went with the Browns strength at the time, the passing game, and because a player failed his assignment they lost. Basically if you lose and you are an OC you will always be second guessed. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

Shoe
12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Makes you feel real old to think of the Eric Metcalf days... and even more, the Ice Cube McNeil days (you guys remember him?). and that was only 20 or so years ago.

stlrz d
12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
BA looked good it Browns gear...we should get him back to looking good. ;)