PDA

View Full Version : The Empty Set

Jigawatts
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of Bruce Arians to begin with, but this is one formation that I just don't
understand his love affair with. There is no disguising anything. It's like telling the defense,
"hey, we're not going to be running this play. Oh and by the way, our quarterback is
pretty much unprotected."

I don't like this formation on a nice and sunny day. And to run it last night with the
weather conditions, :wft

The season is lost. I would love to see this guy get that axe now and see how well
the offense performs without Joseph Hazelwood a.k.a Bruce Arians steering the ship.

pittpete
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Makes the defenses job a lot easier
Man coverage,mixed with our O-line's inability to pickup blitzers equals what happened last night.
Anyone remember where Colon left an LB lined up over him come in free on one of these 5 receiver sets and double teamed the DL.

DukieBoy
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Brady and the Cheatriots*** could spread us and go empty backfield and quick-pass us ragged. Five or six quick passes, then surprise with something deep outside or over the middle.

Ben and the Steelers apparently cannot do this, not even to the 4th or 5th best football defense in Ohio.

RKSteel
12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Brady and the Cheatriots*** could spread us and go empty backfield and quick-pass us ragged. Five or six quick passes, then surprise with something deep outside or over the middle.

Ben and the Steelers apparently cannot do this, not even to the 4th or 5th best football defense in Ohio.
The problem is 15-20 yd routes and Ben waiting for the WR to be standing by himself. Brady was happy with a 4-6yd pass.

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM

The problem is 15-20 yd routes and Ben waiting for the WR to be standing by himself. Brady was happy with a 4-6yd pass.

Brady has an offense where receivers routinely run 4-6 yard routes.