PDA

View Full Version : in exactly 9 months (270 days)

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
from tomorrow we will be looking forward to a new season of hopes and dreams....
actually that makes me even more miserable, what are you going to do for the next 9 months before our next meaningful game......

Jigawatts
12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Wow that's sad to think about. :(

Let's go Pens.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
we got the pens season and the pirates season to look forward to, like you said..lets go pens....it is truly sad when the football season ends, the holidays dont have the same black and gold feel to them that they usually do...

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
from tomorrow we will be looking forward to a new season of hopes and dreams....
actually that makes me even more miserable, what are you going to do for the next 9 months before our next meaningful game......

Get someone pregnant? That would fill up 9 months...

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
However, we are less than 1 month (24 days) from the "Steelers have fired Bruce Arians" party on 1/4/10, the day after our season ends in Miami (it was supposed to end in Miami a month later, d@mmit!!!).

m-wilhelm
12-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm rooting for the Saints, Black and gold! Just don't want to see SD or Indy win the SB.

flippy
12-11-2009, 06:11 PM
At least our players can make the ProBowl and get their ProBowl bonues.

SteelAbility
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Lets' count down the days and keep this post alive and kicking at the top of the forum. :Cheers

Shoe
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Great perspective JTP53609...

As I normally spend NFL Kickoff weekend in LV, you surely put a smile on my face. I'm gonna do it up big! :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Lets' count down the days and keep this post alive and kicking at the top of the forum. :Cheers

I think we will have a hard time finding a Steeler player with the jersey number 269 for tomorrow.

papillon
12-12-2009, 01:23 AM

Well, the next meaningful game for me is tomorrow. Our oldest son is playing in his first junior high basketball game as a 7th grader and on Sunday his U13 soccer team will be taking on a top 15 U14 team from the eastern region.

Our youngest son will be playing a little box lacrosse and then a 6 v 6 indoor soccer tournament this weekend. I'll have plenty of meaningful games, what I won't have are any games that I watch for entertainment after the final game against Miami until next September.

Folks, it's entertainment, the season started with high hopes and over the past 5 weeks it has disintegrated into hoping they can win out and end up over .500 That's the way it goes sometime.

Go and enjoy a dinner with your significant other, play with your kids, go to a Christmas concert or any other myriad of things to do, but, don't lose sleep over the Steelers.

Pappy

JTP53609
12-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Well, the next meaningful game for me is tomorrow. Our oldest son is playing in his first junior high basketball game as a 7th grader and on Sunday his U13 soccer team will be taking on a top 15 U14 team from the eastern region.

Our youngest son will be playing a little box lacrosse and then a 6 v 6 indoor soccer tournament this weekend. I'll have plenty of meaningful games, what I won't have are any games that I watch for entertainment after the final game against Miami until next September.

Folks, it's entertainment, the season started with high hopes and over the past 5 weeks it has disintegrated into hoping they can win out and end up over .500 That's the way it goes sometime.

Go and enjoy a dinner with your significant other, play with your kids, go to a Christmas concert or any other myriad of things to do, but, don't lose sleep over the Steelers.

Pappy

I cant really speak for everyone else, but I spend alot of time with my wife and our family, and that is the most special part of my life and the memories to have forever, but just like all other entertainment the steelers are that one thing that really have you looking forward to watching and they really do a great job of having you forget about work/stress/$ just for those few hours on gameday. Plus look at the forum we are in, PLANETSTEELERS, they are entertainment but they are the luxary of entertainment that alot of us hate to see go away for 9 months

Ozey74
12-13-2009, 11:17 AM

I think we will have a hard time finding a Steeler player with the jersey number 269 for tomorrow.

No arguement from me. It's hard enough finding some of the more obscure #'s in the 1-99 range. For those that care, day #99 will be the first week of June.