PDA

View Full Version : who saw last night loss coming

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I was excited for Steeler Thursday, but when I left work and thougth about the game, the more I thought that they would lose, I was not "shocked" they lost, I knew they would come out and sh*t the bed just like the did in detroit, kc and oakland..
I am just dissapointed in the Steelers more than anything, they have no urgency and they looked to be okay with having an early offseason

drprwnap
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I was excited for Steeler Thursday, but when I left work and thougth about the game, the more I thought that they would lose, I was not "shocked" they lost, I knew they would come out and sh*t the bed just like the did in detroit, kc and oakland..
I am just dissapointed in the Steelers more than anything, they have no urgency and they looked to be okay with having an early offseason

I said earlier in the week "don't be surprised if we LOSE to the clowns. Yeah, the thing that pisses me off the most is the lack of fire, desire, and heart on this team. Their season was over after the Denver game. I used to get mad a Cowher when he came into a press conference after a loss with that scowl on his face and one word, terse answers. I would love to see Tomlin show some emotion. At least Cowher's teams had fire and desire after a loss. I'm not seeing that under Tomlin :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Dude,.....i saw this SEASON coming during the regular season last year.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
the next time we win a super bowl, the following season I will just go in hibernate somewhere...

steelblood
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM

I did not think they would lose. I was pretty certain they'd win a close, ugly game.

I wouldn't say the Steelers had no urgency. There were a few players going through the motions, but I would say that most gave up. It is the NFL, when teams figure out how to beat you, it doesn't stop until you rectify the problem. Unfortunately, this season, our coaches have been asleep at the wheel.

proudpittsburgher
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm with blood, I was pretty confident they would win an ugly game, but I was tempered with the knowlege that I felt the same way against KC and Oakland. And, unfortunately, this game turned out the same way.

Steelgal
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I had a feeling we'd lose too. I wasn't even that excited to watch it because I knew I would be disappointed. A lot of the experts were picking us to win big and get back and track and I literally laughed. This team has the talent, but can't come together and play a complete game. All 3 areas have issues and don't look like they want to win for each other. They have no heart.

steelblood
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM

I did not think they would lose. I was pretty certain they'd win a close, ugly game.

I wouldn't say the Steelers had no urgency. There were a few players going through the motions, but I would not say that most gave up. It is the NFL, when teams figure out how to beat you, it doesn't stop until you rectify the problem. Unfortunately, this season, our coaches have been asleep at the wheel.

Djfan
12-11-2009, 05:08 PM
I called it on Tuesday. I was talking with a Broncos fan and told him. He pointed this out to me this morning.

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I was worried about the game to be honest.

But then I watched all 6 America's Game Steeler's Superbowl years (2005 was awesome, was pumped after that one) and when the weather turned bad I thought that even BA can see that we should lean heavily towards the run and pound the rock.

Yeah, I was drinking the cool aide and thought we would win.

But before that, I thought a win was about 60/40.

Steeler Mafia
12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
"Who saw last night's loss coming"

http://bournesocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/horshack-232x300.jpg

OOOH! OOOH, OOOOH! OOOOH!

Snatch98
12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I think most were anticipting the worst. I'm a optimist through and through and almost never get down on the Steelers. However after dropping games to the Chiefs and then the Raiders and with the offense looking out of sync and the defense playing like **** (The secondary mostly) it was hard to be confident coming in to this game. I specifically remember one deep ball early in the game where I said out loud, "Oh god" because part of me thought somehow our secondary was going to dick it up and the Browns were going to be in the endzone.

It was a terrible, terrible game and the play calling was equally bad. I about kicked a whole in the TV when we had a 3rd and 1 and instead of giving the ball to Mendenhall we come out in a multi WR set and pass...i mean get sacked. I guess we are banged up, but Ben is out of it and how are our receivers not getting open against the Browns? Also taking 9 sacks? is ridiculous......we made the Browns defense look like the 2000 Ravens.

buckeyehoppy
12-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I did: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7755 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7755)

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Game 13 @ Clowns: L - It has to happen sometime, kids. This will be the Clowns Super Bowl in a home night game where they typically rise past mediocrity. The Steelers usually have a dog game somewhere on the schedule. This could be the one.

Well, we've had > one "dog game" this season :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

But your resident Hoppy the Soothsayer called this one 3 months ago :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Dammit, all this :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger is making my skull hurt :Binky

Mister Pittsburgh
12-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't know why but I told numerous coworkers I had a bad feeling, which I did.

DukieBoy
12-11-2009, 08:07 PM
The changes Tomlin threatened were personnel changes, but the needed changes were also changes in strategy, and strategic changes seem absent. Steelers failed to adjust, rigidly (stubbornly?) arrogantly resisting changing to the new circumstances of the way teams are now playing against us. The Steeler systems seem to poorly adapt to changing circumstances like they are stuck in mud, same being true for some of out players.

All things staying the same, the Pack will ransack us, Baltimore will be out to humiliate us, and Miami's wildcat will make this team quit by halftime.

ghettoscott
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
"who saw last night's loss coming?"...i did NOT....i knew we would not lose to the friggin stains! NOT THE STAINS. never... :?

So when a co-worker (Cowboy fan) sent me the video below and proposed the same bet to me....I took it on the spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSGhHRgSc8

now i have to bust out piggy pushups on Monday in front of the whole team....

...gotdern that Bruce Arians.....

BATMAN
12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm not going to say I saw it coming but, I did think it could happen and I felt it probably would happen. Our team has no spirit as it seems plus, the defense is old with just a couple of KEY players or maybe just one that hurts the most, Farrior.

Our secondary is rancid. The o-line took the night off so did Ward, Wallce and Miller.

Mendenhall should at least try at times to hit the hole straight instead of his twist and turns.

Arians can not counter what a defense is doing against us. He can not be the better of the coaches when the defense is puting it to us.

Where were the changes that Tomlin talked about ? What did he do different ? I'm still glad he didn't claim that hell would be unleashed, he made a fool of himself when his team came out flat, once again.

Did they have to kick to Cribbs ?

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 02:32 AM
I believe that Jiga had a bad feeling about this game (and had us convinced that those posts of his were purely satire...yeah, right!) :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Dude,.....i saw this SEASON coming during the regular season last year.

Yeah, I thought that this SEASON would follow the regular season of last year as well. My latest prediction...the 2010 season comes next! Bookmark it. Write it down. Woo hoo! :P I'm thinking about going with the 2011 season coming after that, but only on a conditional basis...I'm not 100% sure about that one yet...ask me next year for sure.

How's that for some high quality smart@$$ery, bay-bee!!! :wink: