PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben still concussed?

feltdizz
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I know.. Ben basher/hater/ in the house....

Dude looked terrible. The OL was bad but c'mon.. 8 sacks? Most sacks on 3rd down in the league? Some blame the empty backfield.. I blame the empty helmet cause the ball has to come out.

Oh well..

steelblood
12-11-2009, 05:18 PM
you know, I seem to remember Ben coming back from another bell ringing and playing terribly. Does anybody else recall this?

buckeyehoppy
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
FWIW, does anyone else get the irony of Dizz posting this topic?

you know, I seem to remember Ben coming back from another bell ringing and playing terribly. Does anybody else recall this?

2-6 to start 2006 after Benjamin's Evel Knievel imitation. Yeah...I remember that.

Question is: does Ben?

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Dude looked terrible. The OL was bad but c'mon.. 8 sacks? Most sacks on 3rd down in the league? Some blame the empty backfield.. I blame the empty helmet cause the ball has to come out.

Oh well..

Most sacks on third down is an inflammatory stat.

More sacks come on 3rd down (specifically 3rd and long) than any other down.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Oh well..

any qb needs a few seconds to get rid of the ball without an intentional grounding or a pick

DukieBoy
12-11-2009, 08:25 PM

Oh well..

Most sacks on third down is an inflammatory stat.

More sacks come on 3rd down (specifically 3rd and long) than any other down.

I'd like to know the stats on Steelers running the ball on 3rd down. I'd guess they rarely run on 3rd, even most 3rd and short plays. Too predictable, to easily defensed ... man up on the receivers, zone-blitzh with 6 and keep Ben corralled in the pocket until sacked.