PDA

View Full Version : If i were drafting id get another quality QB too-Ben may not

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
last....unfortunatly

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah...we have 7 draft picks and an ever-growing number of holes on the team. Let's pick another QB!

Put Batch out to pasture, bring Leftwich back for a moderate backup price since he should now realize that he isn't a starter anymore and really enjoyed his time in Pittsburgh.

Ben, Leftwich, Dixon would be an excellent QB trio. No need to draft one of them, since we will need a NT, safety, CB, linebackers, o-linemen, etc.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
my gosh, why the bashing of big ben, holy cow, he was sacked 8 times last night, and yes a few were his fault, but he had nothing, the browns looked like the 85 bears ( i dont know how) but lets stop saying ben is the problem, he just won us a super bowl....we need alot of help in the draft and the middle of our defense is terrible, we need to get younger and faster at ILB and we need another safety along with younger DLman, not to mention OLine, but yea lets get another QB...

I do not mean to call anyone out, it is just frustrating to put he blame on number 7...

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Insanity JTP...Ben is the worst qb of all time! :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:x

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
We would never Draft a QB that would actually perform better than Roethlisberger. Because it would prove just exactly how overrated he is as well as disappoint the portion of the Steeler Nation's fanbase that are Nascar loving & Mullett having, closet bigot rust belt and or Western PA/West VA hillbillies. (He is their GOD,...and they his cheerleaders)

Diclaimer: Not everyone in these regions fit this description,...but it is most certainly where a great deal of them are,....

birtikidis
12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
If tebow is there in the 5th... i say take him. lol

msp26505
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
We would never Draft a QB that would actually perform better than Roethlisberger. Because it would prove just exactly how overrated he is as well as disappoint the portion of the Steeler Nation's fanbase that are Nascar loving & Mullett having, closet bigot rust belt and or Western PA/West VA hillbillies. (He is their GOD,...and they his cheerleaders)

Diclaimer: Not everyone in these regions fit this description,...but it is most certainly where a great deal of them are,....

Ben has some issues, but you have apparently forgotten that Ben is one of exactly TWO quarterbacks in the 76 year history of this team to win a championship.

If winning a championship were that easy, there would be more than two Steeler QBs to have done it.

But Ben's overrated. :wft

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
the czar is a genius, he knows it all, thank you for shedding us with your brilliant insight on how terrible big ben is....your right he is nothing to special at all. Maybe we can get a kordell stewart or neil odonnell in the draft, qb's like that are a rare item. I think we should see if kent graham is willing to come out of retirement.....

Go back to the nowhere place you were all along, if you want to bash the steelers the way you do than go be a cowboy fan

proudpittsburgher
12-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I swear I thought SteelCzar76 was just being sarcastic when he wrote that. Maybe not, but it proves how ignorant some people are, and why I try and stay off the message boards after a loss.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the laugh...

Any player who is not from USC is over-rated. Got it. Next... :roll:

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Aha! The real reason they won't draft another QB...because it would upset Steeler fans!

Go back to your Xbox 360 and leave the real football talk to the grown ups son.

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM

Aha! The real reason they won't draft another QB...because it would upset Steeler fans!

"Real Football Talk" ? I have forgotten more about the game then you may feel that you know :lol:

But on a serious note,....I'm not your son sir,..do not play games,..and am a dose of a man that would in fact make you question your own Masculinity. If your feelings are hurt by anything that i post then indeed that is YOUR personal problem. And it has no bearing whatsoever upon how i have and will continue to voice my opinion.

Truth often hurts,..and if ya scared,..go to church.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM

"Real Football Talk" ? I have forgotten more about the game then you may feel that you know :lol:

But on a serious note,....I'm not your son sir,..do not play games,..and am a dose of a man that would in fact make you question your own Masculinity. If your feelings are hurt by anything that i post then indeed that is YOUR personal problem. And it has no bearing whatsoever upon how i have and will continue to voice my opinion.

well grandpa, i dont think anyone has hurt feelings by your comments, but based on what you said, you cannot remember that our qb that you are ripping on has won 2 super bowls and even after having a rough year this year he still has a qb rating over 100..He has struggled this year, but last week he marched us down the field 2 times in the fourth but our DEFENSE lost the game....there are a million things that the steelers can be ripped on for, but ben is not one of them...

oh, and i keep my hair short and dont understand nascar.....

pittpete
12-11-2009, 04:15 PM
We allready have another quality QB on the roster in Dixon

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:18 PM

well grandpa, i dont think anyone has hurt feelings by your comments, but based on what you said, you cannot remember that our qb that you are ripping on has won 2 super bowls and even after having a rough year this year he still has a qb rating over 100..He has struggled this year, but last week he marched us down the field 2 times in the fourth but our DEFENSE lost the game....there are a million things that the steelers can be ripped on for, but ben is not one of them...

Grandpa ? :lol: Roethlisberger has "struggled" as a passer and fundementally sound QB more often then not since he entered the League. How can you people be oblivious to how the team,..the Defense, Santonio Holmes's YAC and playoff performance, our former ground game, Randle El's TD toss to Hines, and Coach Cowher and Wiz reining him (Roethlisberger) in deserve far more credit for our recent success than his play ?

If you relate to the guy because you feel some type of Kinship with him,....that's cool. But knock it off with pretending that this guy is an elite QB amongst his peers. :lol:

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Ignorance bleeds contempt

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM

It most certainly does,...as it appears you are well aware of,....

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:27 PM

It most certainly Breeds contempt. As well as being blissful for some,...as it appears you and any other Big Ben Cheerleaders here or otherwise are well aware of,....

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM

It most certainly Breeds contempt. As well as blissful for some,...as it appears you and any other Big Ben Cheerleaders here or otherwise are well aware of,....

I'm not a Big Ben Cheerleader at all. I don't think he's elite. But he's a solid QB easily in the top 10. I personally think he hovers around 6 pretty consistently depending how the situation and how he is used. But for arguments sake, let say he's about top 12.

How often do you you think a top 12 QB comes along??? Do we have top 12 players at all of our other positions that we should try to go after another QB?

I'm not happy with the way the team or Ben played yesterday and I'm pissed about how bad the team blew the season, but I think you are letting your emotions talk for you.

To think we can get a 12 QB in the draft next year and that there are not a plethora of other positions that need addressed far more than the QB position is absurd. Also, if you don't think he ranks in the top half of the league... then it certainly is you that is the ignorant one.

Not much of an assumption based on your previous comments.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2009, 04:42 PM

What's not to understand? Drive fast, turn left. That's about it. And if you are in need of a nice weekend nap, turn on a NASCAR race, or a baseball game, or a golf tournament, etc. You'll be out in no time. :wink:

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM

It most certainly Breeds contempt. As well as blissful for some,...as it appears you and any other Big Ben Cheerleaders here or otherwise are well aware of,....

I'm not a Big Ben Cheerleader at all. I don't think he's elite. But he's a solid QB easily in the top 10. I personally think he hovers around 6 pretty consistently depending how the situation and how he is used. But for arguments sake, let say he's about top 12.

How often do you you think a top 12 QB comes along??? Do we have top 12 players at all of our other positions that we should try to go after another QB?

I'm not happy with the way the team or Ben played yesterday and I'm pissed about how bad the team blew the season, but I think you are letting your emotions talk for you.

To think we can get a 12 QB in the draft next year and that there are not a plethora of other positions that need addressed far more than the QB position is absurd. Also, if you don't think he ranks in the top half of the league... then it certainly is you that is the ignorant one.

Fair enough. (With the exception of your "ignorant" insult) I'd say that he's capable of being in the top five. But based upon how he has always played and does currently,...i have to say top 20. And henceforth nowhere near being "elite" as some say. (Yourself not included)

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Fair enough. (With the exception of your "ignorant" insult) I'd say that he's capable of being in the top five. But based upon how he has always played and does currently,...i have to say top 20. And henceforth nowhere near being "elite" as some say. (Yourself not included)

In yards, he's 6th. In passer rating, he's 6th. In completion percentage, he's 4th. In yards per attempt, he's 3rd. In TD's, he's 11th. In INT's, he's 8th. In passing attempts, he's 10th. In completions, he's 6th.

Hard to say he's only top 20. After all, there are a lot of bad QB's in this league. Ben ain't one of 'em.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Can you list the 19 QBs ahead of Big Ben in NFL ???

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Ignorance is not necessarily a derogatory term. It merely means un-educated or un-wise.

No one is educated and/or wise on every topic.

If you're assessment of Ben is that he is a bottom half of the league QB, I'm afraid you are ignorant at making QB assessments. No offense or insult intended.

birtikidis
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
czar you must have been pretty miserable when terry was the qb here because he looked terrible at times...
just sayin

buckeyehoppy
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Benjamin, as disappointed as I am with him right now, is hardly the problem.

I don't know :wft Colbert and the Brain Fart Trust was smoking when they entrusted the offensive coordination to the present OC in the first place. I'm just pi$$ed that they bogarted it before passing it to The Nation.

Benjamin is here for the next three seasons after this, so it's obvious he's not going anywhere. But his team, by giving him an OC that is doing nothing in the scheme to protect him and nothing to improve him as a player, owes him a coach for the money he is making that won't put his life in jeopardy on every snap of the ball.

Might be convenient to blame Ben for the team's ills, but I won't go there. The FO is to blame for giving him less than what he needs to be fully successful.

SteelBucks
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM
last....unfortunatly

Now your posts are getting ridiculous. :wft

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Benjamin is here for the next three seasons after this, so it's obvious he's not going anywhere.

BEN signed an 8 year contract in March of 2008. He's not scheduled to be a free agent until 2016.

feelthesteel
12-12-2009, 06:07 AM
i was only suggesting he might get hurt
at this rate.
whats so ridiculous about it?
he gets sacked more then most-been concussed.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
i was only suggesting he might get hurt
at this rate.
whats so ridiculous about it?
he gets sacked more then most-been concussed.

We should draft him some better protection then to help prevent him getting hurt, not another backup.

We already have a young developmental QB prospect in Dixon, and we can sign a veteran backup to replace the brittle old Batch next season (I vote for a return of Leftwich). QB problem solved.