PDA

View Full Version : It all starts with head coach quit kissing his ass

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
When 10,000 soliders die in battle
who do you blame the soldiers?

when a ship get sunk who's responsible the Capt.

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Mike Tomlin would actually be tolerable if he didn't have to kiss a sub par QB's azz,..actually had an offensive coordinator as opossed to a glorified QB coach. And finally, be stripped of any power whatsoever to effect our Draft selections.

Then again,...i must admit that i'm nearly at the point of loathing him (Tomlin) and Roethlisberger as much as i do Kordell Stewart. And believe me that is saying a great deal,...Stewart is the only human being that i actually HATE.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Mike Tomlin would actually be tolerable if he didn't have to kiss a sub par QB's azz,..actually had an offensive coordinator as opossed to a glorified QB coach. And finally, be stripped of any power whatsoever to effect our Draft selections.

Then again,...i must admit that i'm nearly at the point of loathing him (Tomlin) and Roethlisberger as much as i do Kordell Stewart. And believe me that is saying a great deal,...Stewart is the only human being that i actually HATE.

haha sub par qb? that is a joke haha nice. so you have some inside info as to how much say tomlin has in the draft? what is kevin colbert for anyways?

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
ben is a bust :lol: :lol: :lol:

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 12:01 PM
the way were playing he might get his head BUSTED again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

steelblood
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Are you for real? Our sub-par QB?

I'll admit that I think Ben could improve his game, but sub-par? You must be nuts from all the losing.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Tomlin turned in a stinker of a performance this season.

One Super Bowl.
One stinker.

One more stinker of a season, and he ought to be looking for a new job.

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM

haha sub par qb? that is a joke haha nice. so you have some inside info as to how much say tomlin has in the draft? what is kevin colbert for anyways?

As i have said since we were forced into selecting him (Roethlisberger) after the Bolts snagged Rivers from under Coach Cowher's chin,....he (Ben) is tremendously overrated. And as he was in college,.. he remains to this day after playing in the league for years,...inaccurate, inconsistent, and undisciplined with poor work ethic.

How is this not sub par when he actually has the physical tools to become the elite QB you have all wanted him to be,...yet remains the only man in the world to get a check for playing backyard football ? (Oh,.. and i personally coined him "backyard" years before any of the talking heads caught on)

BURGH86STEEL
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM

As i have said since we were forced into selecting him (Roethlisberger) after the Bolts snagged Rivers from under Coach Cowher's chin,....he (Ben) is tremendously overrated. And as he was in college,.. he remains to this day after playing in the league for years,...inaccurate, inconsistent, and undisciplined with poor work ethic.

How is this not sub par when he actually has the physical tools to become the elite QB you have all wanted him to be,...yet remains the only man in the world to get a check for playing backyard football ? (Oh,.. and i personally coined him "backyard" years before any of the talking heads caught on)

I am not sure if Ben is overrated with in the general population of football fans. It is possible that Steelers fans overrate him. I've never subscribed to the fact that Ben was in the elite class of QB's. I figured there were 2 (Manning and Brady) elite QB's in the league. Today, I believe that there are still 2 (Brees and Manning) playing at an elite level. I think Brady has taken a step back this season due to his injury. Time will tell if he can make it back to where he was before the injury.

There are times that Ben is inaccurate & inconsistent. I am not so sure about his work ethic. It appears a poor work ethic shows up at times on Sundays. There are times he looks unprepared to play. Consistency is what is lacking in Ben's game to take his game to the next level. If he is willing to put in the time and work, I think he can work on the areas necessary to become a better QB.

The back yard style may have caught up with him already but only time will tell.

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

I am not sure if Ben is overrated with in the general population of football fans. It is possible that Steelers fans overrate him. I've never subscribed to the fact that Ben was in the elite class of QB's. I figured there were 2 (Manning and Brady) elite QB's in the league. Today, I believe that there are still 2 (Brees and Manning) playing at an elite level. I think Brady has taken a step back this season due to his injury. Time will tell if he can make it back to where he was before the injury.

There are times that Ben is inaccurate & inconsistent. I am not so sure about his work ethic. It appears a poor work ethic shows up at times on Sundays. There are times he looks unprepared to play. Consistency is what is lacking in Ben's game to take his game to the next level. If he is willing to put in the time and work, I think he can work on the areas necessary to become a better QB.

The back yard style may have caught up with him already but only time will tell.

Very well said sir. It appears that not every member of the Nation fails to be objective when discussing Roethlisberger.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM

in his first 5 seasons he had more wins than brady. what has rivers done ever in his career in the postseason? how many rings does he have? so what if you dont like the style of qb ben plays. he wins. isnt that the most important thing? i guess its just a coincedence that the steelers have won 2 sb's since drafting ben . thats not what i call sub par

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM

in his first 5 seasons he had more wins than brady. what has rivers done ever in his career in the postseason? how many rings does he have? so what if you dont like the style of qb ben plays. he wins. isnt that the most important thing? i guess its just a coincedence that the steelers have won 2 sb's since drafting ben . thats not what i call sub par

HE has more wins ? Or would it be a little more fair and actually truthful to say that he contributed to a degree here and there to some great and often improbable TEAM wins ?

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM

HE has more wins ? Or would it be a little more fair and actually truthful to say that he contributed to a degree here and there to some great and often improbable TEAM wins ?

would the steelers have half of those wins with a sub par qb? that was my point. how many wins would they have with korkie, or turnover tommy or any other of the sub par qb's we had to watch? sub par qb's dont win!!!

Jooser
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll just say that Ben's career is thus far an incomplete body of work. :wink:

SteelCzar76
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
would the steelers have half of those wins with a sub par qb? that was my point. how many wins would they have with korkie, or turnover tommy or any other of the sub par qb's we had to watch? sub par qb's dont win!!!

Uuuuuh,...if memory serves me correctly, teams constructed by Coach Cowher and his philosophy had quite a bit of success in terms of wins with bums like Neil and Tinkerbell (kordell) playing the position. Often nearly reaching the pinnacle only to have them clusterf#ck everything. As Ben also did his rookie season in the title game and nearly did in 2005's Superbowl.

I'm not saying that he's bad as the aforementioned,...he's slightly better than say Neil currently. But he's not the second coming of Marino, Elway or even Bradshaw for that matter as many of his loyal fans would like to make the rest of us believe.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 05:07 PM

Uuuuuh,...if memory serves me correctly, teams constructed by Coach Cowher and his philosophy had quite a bit of success in terms of wins with bums like Neil and Tinkerbell (kordell) playing the position. Often nearly reaching the pinnacle only to have them clusterf#ck everything. As Ben also did his rookie season in the title game and nearly did in 2005's Superbowl.

I'm not saying that he's bad as the aforementioned,...he's slightly better than say Neil currently. But he's not the second coming of Marino, Elway or even Bradshaw for that matter as many of his loyal fans would like to make the rest of us believe.

man your delusional if you think he is slightly better than neil. every playoff loss under cowher was because of poor qb play from neil, korkie and maddox. i never put him in the same category as elway or marino. i never saw TB play but ben is better than TB. TB had 4 more td's than he did int's. thats not impressive. the only reason TB is a hof'er is because he was clutch in the postseason and a clutch qb right? well ben and TB are very similar in that aspect. ben is a top ten qb right now. just look at the rest of the starting qb's

Starlifter
12-11-2009, 05:30 PM
ben is a great QB and the main reason we've won 2 sb's. i do think he needs to evolve his game style from the street game to something a little more polished. not to suggest there isn't a time for that but clearly there are some situations where you must be a sharp pocket passer with quick hits and a quick release. you want to stop a blitz? demonstrate you can successfully get the ball out in 2 seconds for 6-8 yards a pop. peyton manning can't run 4 steps yet teams rarely blitz him? why?

i just hope ben puts more time time into developing a game plan than he does when he goes to the barbar. his hair sucks..

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
When 10,000 soliders die in battle
who do you blame the soldiers?

when a ship get sunk who's responsible the Capt.

Dude, I'll just move this here since you ignored it in the other thread:

So then coaches don't really do anything then? Since the "good team" won the SB and he must not have had anything to do with it, right? By that logic, he also has nothing to do with the implosion this year?

Is that the case? Or are you really trying to throw out this "He had nothing to do with the team last year and deserves no credit but has everything to do with the team this year and deserves all the blame" line of thinking? I'm assuming you know the old saying about having cake and eating it.

So you are honestly trying to say that even though the Steelers FO has one of the best track records in the entire league with coaches that they hired this coach because of his race...and he just happened to take the Steelers to the SB and win it in his second year because of...everyone else but him... You realizing the entire time that this is the same basic team as last year, right?

You really don't see anything wrong with this?

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
No matter how you slice it
with pretty photoshop coloring book pictures
Tomlin still is responsible ...i know its a bitter pill to swallow.

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
No matter how you slice it
with pretty photoshop coloring book pictures
Tomlin still is responsible ...i know its a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm just going to assume you're completely incapable of addressing my points.

If you're just here to vent without throwing out any type of actual reasoning behind it then I wish you would've just said so. I would have known to just bypass your threads, as they are not meant for actual discussion.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
wasnt it Mr Tomlin who as i recall said
he wasnt satisfied with last years SB win
he wants to put his own STAMP ON THE TEAM..case closed.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM
wasnt it Mr Tomlin who as i recall said
he wasnt satisfied with last years SB win
he wants to put his own STAMP ON THE TEAM..case closed.

ok we get it you hate tomlin. would you perfer him to say he was satisfied with last years sb win? its an awful year, no one is happy with the teams performance. the holes are obvious. give the 30 something coach in his 3rd season time to correct those holes. if he doesnt everyone will agree with you

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Noone will ever hold him accountable for anything.
For whatever reason.
When have the Steelers looked this terrible.
Lose to such butthole teams. its pathetic.

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Why would anyone respond to anything you say anymore? You've proven that you have no interest in discussion if anything comes up that might run contrary to your view. You're only here throwing around baseless accusations and avoiding contrary opinions.

You might as well be writing this crap on an etch-n-sketch.

"Case closed", whatever the hell that means. :)

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
oh i guess your the voice here. ok i got it.

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 08:04 PM
oh i guess your the voice here. ok i got it.

And another dodge! You're good at this!

I will explain it to you as clearly as I can at this point:

YOU made the claim "THEY ONLY HIRED TOMLIN BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK".

You made the claim that we should put all (or most) of the blame on Tomlin for this year's performance but not give him all (or most) of the praise for last year.

I then responded not once, but twice, to your statements. I have also shown the specific logical fallacy (read as: contradiction) in your view.

You have chosen to ignore it all.

So, what's your point in posting if it's not for discussion? How solid is your view if it can't defend it? Why are you on a discussion board if not to discuss things? Because all I see you doing is taking shots and never actually defending your view.

feltdizz
12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Ben was awful the second half of the season. He frustrates me to no end but I'm no fool. Without Ben we have 2 more AFC title heartbreaker losses at the most.

I want him to stop trying to force routine plays into backyard plays. I want less WWE and more fire under the OL.

The haters or critical fans of Ben who want him gone are idiots. I'm not a fan of QB stats that say you are elite while your team is one and done in the playoffs year after year. I'm not a fan of routine 12 win seasons that end with my elite QB asking me to pass the nachos on the couch in late January. I'm not a fan of elite QB's(manning and brees) who have one less ring then Ben btween the 2 of them.

Seems like some fans would rather have a stat heavy QB with no SB's then a QB who takes a year off between SB's...

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Ben was awful the second half of the season. He frustrates me to no end but I'm no fool. Without Ben we have 2 more AFC title heartbreaker losses at the most.

I want him to stop trying to force routine plays into backyard plays. I want less WWE and more fire under the OL.

The haters or critical fans of Ben who want him gone are idiots. I'm not a fan of QB stats that say you are elite while your team is one and done in the playoffs year after year. I'm not a fan of routine 12 win seasons that end with my elite QB asking me to pass the nachos on the couch in late January. I'm not a fan of elite QB's(manning and brees) who have one less ring then Ben btween the 2 of them.

Seems like some fans would rather have a stat heavy QB with no SB's then a QB who takes a year off between SB's...

I agree. IMO the measure of a player or coach is winning as opposed to any particular style points or statistics. Ben wins, period.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 08:45 PM
ok let me ask you this
what makes MT more qualified or better then Whiz.
ok he beat Whiz in the SB but before that?

Have you seen the Cards lately? not too shabby

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM
ok let me ask you this
what makes MT more qualified or better then Whiz.
ok he beat Whiz in the SB but before that?

Have you seen the Cards lately? not too shabby

As I said in the other thread, I'm starting to think you're a troll.

But just in case, I'll let you know: It's generally considered bad form to answer a question with a question. Why would I respond to your post when you're repeatedly ignored mine?

Makes no sense man.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
you got your beliefs i have mine

troll yeah how long you been a fan?

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
you got your beliefs i have mine

troll yeah how long you been a fan?

No offense, but this is obviously going nowhere.

Take'r easy.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
your right
no offense.
no d either
dude take it light.
were gonna kill em next game!! snoop dog predicition.

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Different styles, same ridiculousness.

It's a tie between Czar and feelthesteel.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 01:48 AM

In case you hadn't noticed, Rivers' teams haven't exactly been bereft of talent either. He's had an elite TE weapon to throw to (over 6000 receiving yards and 55 TD's in 6+ seasons), the best RB of his generation (over 16,000 combined rushing and receiving yards and 150 total TD's in 8+ seasons), the best blocking FB of his generation (helped lead Adrian Murrell, Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Corey Dillon, and LaDainian Tomlinson to 1000+ yard seasons), a better o-line than Ben, plus a defense featuring quality players at each level such as Jamal Williams and Luis Castillo, Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips, and Antonio Cromartie and Quentin Jammer. And with all this talent, Rivers still hasn't won squat, unlike that scrub Roethlisberger with those two rings that he wears solely because of the talent surrounding him.

feelthesteel
12-12-2009, 05:33 AM
yeah i know what you mean
gee whiz
your on your way to the Planet Steeler hall of Fame.
:Cheers :Cheers :Cheers :Cheers :Cheers :Cheers

you know you could take all the - BA sucks-its Lebeau-yadda yadda
and all the problems with the locker room.
bottom line is-were sucking right now.
who's responsible???

i just hope and pray were not having this same discussion next season.