PDA

View Full Version : Looking for that silver lining

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM
The only change I noticed that I liked was that Mendenhall seemed to stay in the game on 3rd down quite a bit.

He has solid receiving skills (despite the awful drop he had last night, but so did Miller, Hines, and Holmes) and I think leaving him in there on 3rd down provides a good threat of balance... and maybe BA will actually call plays more balanced on 3rd and short and allow Mendenhall to run the ball on 3rd & 1 when he just ran for 5 and 4 yards on first and second down.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
maybe next year we can do that.....i agree

phillyesq
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Here is my silver lining.

I think it was late in the second, early in the third, Holmes caught a pass, converted a first down, and engaged in his usual asinine antics. Later, he missed a pass (difficult but catchable) on third down. After that catch and subsequent drop, it seemed like something finally clicked for him. He just went about working and seemed to cut out the asinine celebrations. He was finally aware of the situation and acted like a professional.

A very small silver lining, but it is better than nothing.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
my silver lining was without of doubt the play of Woodley..
He has been playing well this second half and he may be the only one, he was everywhere, even when cleveland broke off long runs he was the one who chased down fied and made the tackle....

steelblood
12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Silver linings...

Keisel-even though he got hurt, he has been solid this year.

Burnett-he was in a little less than half of the game. He did a nice job squatting on routes and keeping his eyes in the backfield. Conversely, William Gay and Ike backed off so much that they gave up too much in front of them against the pass and run.

steelnavy
12-11-2009, 03:02 PM
My silver lining - Maybe now they will finally FIRE ARIANS, FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, and draft a kicker who can KICK IT INTO THE FREAKIN ENDZONE ONCE IN AWHILE. I would settle for Arians to go bye bye. It only took that imbecile THREE TIMES to realize that if he has Ben in en empty backfield on third down, that his a$$ is going to get sacked. Finally, on the fourth try, they left Mendy (or Moore) in there for protection. While it didnt get a first down, HE DIDNT GET SACKED EITHER. And why so few third down conversions AGAINST CLEVELAND?!? Why the hell was Ben just standing there like a statue in the pocket all night begging to be sacked? GREAT PLAY CALLING ARIANS, WAY TO ADJUST DURING THE GAME. Complain about the defense all you want. Holding Cleveland to 13 points (especially with special teams gaffs) was respectable. Scoring 6 points against them IS NOT.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
my silver lining was without of doubt the play of Woodley..
He has been playing well this second half and he may be the only one, he was everywhere, even when cleveland broke off long runs he was the one who chased down fied and made the tackle....

woodley has picked his game up no doubt. after his sack he made a nice tackle on harrison. he read the screen perfectly. he will end up with a good amount of sacks for the season. not bad for a down year

plainnasty
12-11-2009, 11:20 PM
My silver lining is that our defense didn't give up a 4th quarter lead.