PDA

View Full Version : I really enjoyed what I saw on Thursday night

Djfan
12-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Wifey and I had tickets to the dinner theater and saw "White Christmas". It was great, and my prime rib was delicious.

What did you all do?

Jooser
12-11-2009, 07:52 AM
:moon :lol:

Wolfhound45
12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Well done my friend, well done.

Herewegosteelers!
12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I watched the Pens beat the Habs.......not too bad either 8)

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 08:15 AM
first time in my life i flipped back and forth and watched half the steelers game and half the pens, i love the pens but whent he stillers are on it is stillers, but the pens gave me more effort...

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
this has been the toughest season to watch for me. chiefs raiders and now browns. absolutely pathetic

BURGH86STEEL
12-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I will continue to watch the Steelers. Look for signs signs of improvement. I won't jump ship because they are losing and things are not going the team's way this year.

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I will continue to watch the Steelers. Look for signs signs of improvement. I won't jump ship because they are losing and things are not going the team's way this year.

I'm with you, Burgh.

However, that was a good one DJ. :lol:

Djfan
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM

I'm with you, Burgh.

However, that was a good one DJ. :lol:

Thanks Enip. Figured I'd make my first post back in a while count.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2009, 02:14 AM
I never miss a Steeler game for anything, even if it is painful to watch. I will be making the 5+ hour drive next weekend to see them play the Packers in the cold. Since they moved the game to a late afternoon start, that means that I likely won't get home until the neighborhood of 2:00 a.m., and I have work on Monday morning. All this to see a game that basically doesn't matter. Because I am a die hard fan, win or lose. Then I'll do it again the follow weekend (at least that should still be a 1:00 start, though, so should get home before midnight). And I will watch the final game in Miami with intense interest from my couch, whether we are 6-9, 7-8, or 8-7 at that point.

I wasn't happy watching our team's performance on NFL Network on Thursday night, but I wouldn't have given up one of those 16 dates with my favorite team each year for dinner theater. Nothing against you at all, DJ...just expressing my own views about fandom in times of adversity.

The only time I recall missing a game was a Browns game a few years ago when we had a blizzard here and it would not have been smart to attempt such a drive across the state in such conditions (I would have had to drive less than 20 mph the whole way, meaning that it would have taken me over 15 hours to get out there in whiteout conditions). I'm not insane enough to risk personal safety, but if at all possible, I will do whatever it takes to see a game, even a meaningless one (I'm the guy who gets ticked off when he can't find a sports bar that has a live feed to a freaking preseason game and I have to wait a couple of days to watch the replay on NFL Network).

fordfixer
12-13-2009, 03:04 AM
I never miss a Steeler game for anything, even if it is painful to watch. I will be making the 5+ hour drive next weekend to see them play the Packers in the cold. Since they moved the game to a late afternoon start, that means that I likely won't get home until the neighborhood of 2:00 a.m., and I have work on Monday morning. All this to see a game that basically doesn't matter. Because I am a die hard fan, win or lose. Then I'll do it again the follow weekend (at least that should still be a 1:00 start, though, so should get home before midnight). And I will watch the final game in Miami with intense interest from my couch, whether we are 6-9, 7-8, or 8-7 at that point.

I wasn't happy watching our team's performance on NFL Network on Thursday night, but I wouldn't have given up one of those 16 dates with my favorite team each year for dinner theater. Nothing against you at all, DJ...just expressing my own views about fandom in times of adversity.

The only time I recall missing a game was a Browns game a few years ago when we had a blizzard here and it would not have been smart to attempt such a drive across the state in such conditions (I would have had to drive less than 20 mph the whole way, meaning that it would have taken me over 15 hours to get out there in whiteout conditions). I'm not insane enough to risk personal safety, but if at all possible, I will do whatever it takes to see a game, even a meaningless one (I'm the guy who gets ticked off when he can't find a sports bar that has a live feed to a freaking preseason game and I have to wait a couple of days to watch the replay on NFL Network).
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :Clap :Clap :Clap