PDA

View Full Version : Arians has made me miss Cowher ball!

brothervad
12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
honestly...I miss 3 yards and a cloud of dust right now. I miss the blocking FB, I miss the tough it out yards, I miss the test of wills--imposing the Steeler will over the opponent.

Yeah it had it's frustrating moments...but it was good to see a Steeler team imposes it will.

that I miss...

brothervad

sd steel
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
honestly...I miss 3 yards and a cloud of dust right now. I miss the blocking FB, I miss the tough it out yards, I miss the test of wills--imposing the Steeler will over the opponent.

Yeah it had it's frustrating moments...but it was good to see a Steeler team imposes it will.

that I miss...

brothervad

It''s not Arians offense, it's Ben's, and until he studies and learns his reads and knows where his receivers are we will suck. Arians is there because he is Ben's guy. Throw the blame where it belongs, on the 100 million dollar man.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Agreed.

But you can't have that with the WORST OL in football.

I think it really all starts up front on O.

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM
8 fu*king sacks!!! They don't even have Rogers...$$#@*)(&$)(@&#@)(&@^#)

brothervad
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM

that I miss...

brothervad

It''s not Arians offense, it's Ben's, and until he studies and learns his reads and knows where his receivers are we will suck. Arians is there because he is Ben's guy. Throw the blame where it belongs, on the 100 million dollar man.

sd, we can both be right here...I don't disagree about Ben, but I'm sorry 3rd and 1 with a 25 mph swirling wind...and you go empty backfield...it's a bonehead playcall regardless. Too many 3rd and short with an empty backfields...that isn't just Ben...at least disguise what you might do.

brothervad

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 01:02 AM
But let's all think back to how good Cowher's offensive line was in the 90's and early 2000's.

They dominated.

sd steel
12-11-2009, 01:05 AM

that I miss...

brothervad

sd, we can both be right here...I don't disagree about Ben, but I'm sorry 3rd and 1 with a 25 mph swirling wind...and you go empty backfield...it's a bonehead playcall regardless. Too many 3rd and short with an empty backfields...that isn't just Ben...at least disguise what you might do.

brothervad

If Ben could execute a QB sneak with his 240 lbs, we wouldn't be calling a pass, but for some reason he likes to fall down. I don't give a crap if they fire Arians, but he's not the problem. Ben will control the offense until he is gone, he makes more money than anyone in the organization, and he will have the say.

AngryAsian
12-11-2009, 02:05 AM

that I miss...

brothervad

brothervad

People are always ranking about "the Arians haters" on the board. Its the square peg in a round hole mentality that gets me fuming. There is never adjustments made when a defense gives him something... or conditions that are adverse. We'll just keep running the generic plays we run. Watching the game tonight was truly sad, and I don't care who says what... it seems everytime our WRs corp ran routes they were covered, either the Mangini/Ryan braintrust is so phenomenal, or our designed plays are predictable....

Guess what folks, this offense is predictable. Couple that with gutless effort from the pieces you have trying to execute the pathetic plays and you get loss after loss after loss...etc....

Sorry folks, just extremely saddened by this year's output. People were remarking about our plunge to mediocrity... hell, I would just love to ascend to that level, because we're way below that.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 04:48 AM
It all starts at the top- R COACH STINKS
I DONT CARE IF HE'S BLACK /SPANISH/CHINESE

HE HAS NO BALLS PERIOD...

Mister Pittsburgh
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
It is Arians offense that blows. I saw multiple plays last night where our receivers were running damn near the same routes 5 yards from one another. I think it is Arians formations, pass routes, the whole thing. He can't adjust at all. It honestly seems like we run the same 10 plays. Passes in the flats and out along the sidelines to our WR and TE or bombs 35 yards downfield.

Against the Browns I actually saw appear to check down to Mendenhall a couple times, although on the one where Mendenhall turned before the ball got there I think it was designed as a screen of some sort as Ben was going there from the snap.

We are just predictable. And yes, the players should get their share of the blame as well.

steelblood
12-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Agreed.

But you can't have that with the WORST OL in football.

I think it really all starts up front on O.

I agree that our OL is not good and needs an upgrade. However, most of Cleveland's sacks were on blitzes. The QB and receivers must read this and the ball must come out on time. Sometimes in a battle of field position you need to throw the ball away too. Ben was as bad as the OL last night and the play designs and hot reads were probably worse.