PDA

View Full Version : WR play killed us tonight

steelerkeylargo
12-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Hines was a liability out there and the Browns knew it...they could cover him with just about anyone. Santonio and Wallace just ran their routes and then stood there. No scrambling to open something up for Ben and on the rare ocassion it was complete to someone else (mainly Heath), zero blocking effort down the field. Wallace is a rook(he has an excuse) Holmes has been living his SB fame all year and has been a lil B%^$#!!!

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Hines was a liability out there and the Browns knew it...they could cover him with just about anyone. Santonio and Wallace just ran their routes and then stood there. No scrambling to open something up for Ben and on the rare ocassion it was complete to someone else (mainly Heath), zero blocking effort down the field. Wallace is a rook(he has an excuse) Holmes has been living his SB fame all year and has been a lil B%^$#!!!

People complain Ben needs to check down but i did not see anyone open tonight.

Was it the scheme or the Stains have all pro Defense?

sd steel
12-11-2009, 12:48 AM

WRONG!!! The blame begins and ends with #7!!

Guys were open and he doesn't know where his receivers are. He triple pumps every effin play instead of hitting the open guy. Then when he throws it, it's off the mark. Ben looked like an immobile dufus. He doesn't know the plays and he has happy feet in the pocket. This crap of a season is on the 100 million dollar man!

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Hines was definitely a decoy for the most part. Unfortunate, he was basically useless. Doubt anyone would've been more affective though

SidSmythe
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM
4th and 6, Heath Miller was available at the top of the screen w/ no one on him. he could have easily caught the ball and ran over the DB for the 1st.
Ben just had no rhythm and the WRs didn't help. Overall, destiny was kind to the PoopStains.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 12:56 AM

Guys were open and he doesn't know where his receivers are. He triple pumps every effin play instead of hitting the open guy. Then when he throws it, it's off the mark. Ben looked like an immobile dufus. He doesn't know the plays and he has happy feet in the pocket. This crap of a season is on the 100 million dollar man!

:lol: ...Do you watch Steelers games???

Why do you hate Big Ben???

steelerkeylargo
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I believe it was after the 5th sack that Ben's feet started getting "happy"

sd steel
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM

I've watched every Steeler game pre and post season since 1994. I don't hate Ben, but why not blame the guy who let us all down, and who makes the most money, and who hasn't worked to perfect his craft?

Ben runs the show over everyone but Tomlin in the organization, and he doesn't even know his reads or where his receivers are. In my book Ben blew this game, and blew the season.

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 01:02 AM
^

yawn

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I am watching the replays and tivo, and Ben missed many players open and Wallace wide open twice.. Unbelievable.

Ben was and is scared.

sd steel
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
^

yawn

Like I said before, you know nothing about football, you never played, so any post you make has to be read with that in mind. Why don't you report me to the mods, "tough guy" ?

Mel Blount's G
12-11-2009, 01:15 AM

I don't think he "hates" him. It's just frustrating to see him have absolutely no rhythm with his WR's this late in the season. When do you ever see Ben take 5-7 steps back, and immediately fire the pass? Trusting his throw, his receivers and his oc? Not too often. Of course it's not ALL on him but he is the supposed leader of that offense and it starts with him. I've been saying this every year but I'd like to see him woodshed it in the offseason and really put in some time working on his game. Ideally, with holmes, wallace and sweed. Run patterns and throw balls 'till they can do it blindfolded ala payton and his wr's. Of course I love when Ben sheds tackles, jukes out lb's, buys time and amkes a backyard play out of nothing. But occasionally I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back and, without pump faking, shuffling his feet or fleeing the pocket, zip a pass to a spot on the field before his WR even makes his break resulting in a strike in the breadbasket

sd steel
12-11-2009, 01:17 AM
[quote=steelerkeylargo]Hines was a liability out there and the Browns knew it...they could cover him with just about anyone. Santonio and Wallace just ran their routes and then stood there. No scrambling to open something up for Ben and on the rare ocassion it was complete to someone else (mainly Heath), zero blocking effort down the field. Wallace is a rook(he has an excuse) Holmes has been living his SB fame all year and has been a lil B%^$#!!!

I don't think he "hates" him. It's just frustrating to see him have absolutely no rhythm with his WR's this late in the season. When do you ever see Ben take 5-7 steps back, and immediately fire the pass? Trusting his throw, his receivers and his oc? Not too often. Of course it's not ALL on him but he is the supposed leader of that offense and it starts with him. I've been saying this every year but I'd like to see him woodshed it in the offseason and really put in some time working on his game. Ideally, with holmes, wallace and sweed. Run patterns and throw balls 'till they can do it blindfolded ala payton and his wr's. Of course I love when Ben sheds tackles, jukes out lb's, buys time and amkes a backyard play out of nothing. But occasionally I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back and, without pump faking, shuffling his feet or fleeing the pocket, zip a pass to a spot on the field before his WR even makes his break resulting in a strike in the breadbasket[/quote:1acmicdd]

Thank you! :Cheers

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I am watching the replays and tivo, and Ben missed many players open and Wallace wide open twice.. Unbelievable.

Ben was and is scared.

Pretty easy to sit and watch on a TV screen and see open WRs when you have no idea where the QB is at in his progression.

[quote="stlrz d":100rlhje]^

yawn

Like I said before, you know nothing about football, you never played, so any post you make has to be read with that in mind. Why don't you report me to the mods, "tough guy" ?[/quote:100rlhje]

Ok pee wee football coach. First off I did play. I have told you that many times but your post concussed, damaged brain can't seem to retain that info for some reason.

Yet you can sit home and watch on your TV and make the statement that Ben doesn't understand his reads.

Any post you make has to be read with your concussed, addled mind...in mind. ;) Because you're the one who clearly has no clue.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 01:19 AM
[quote="stlrz d":20jlbvzv]^

yawn

Like I said before, you know nothing about football, you never played, so any post you make has to be read with that in mind. Why don't you report me to the mods, "tough guy" ?[/quote:20jlbvzv]

Do you think Steelers lost this season because of Big Ben????

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 01:23 AM
[quote=steelerkeylargo]Hines was a liability out there and the Browns knew it...they could cover him with just about anyone. Santonio and Wallace just ran their routes and then stood there. No scrambling to open something up for Ben and on the rare ocassion it was complete to someone else (mainly Heath), zero blocking effort down the field. Wallace is a rook(he has an excuse) Holmes has been living his SB fame all year and has been a lil B%^$#!!!

I don't think he "hates" him. It's just frustrating to see him have absolutely no rhythm with his WR's this late in the season. When do you ever see Ben take 5-7 steps back, and immediately fire the pass? Trusting his throw, his receivers and his oc? Not too often. Of course it's not ALL on him but he is the supposed leader of that offense and it starts with him. I've been saying this every year but I'd like to see him woodshed it in the offseason and really put in some time working on his game. Ideally, with holmes, wallace and sweed. Run patterns and throw balls 'till they can do it blindfolded ala payton and his wr's. Of course I love when Ben sheds tackles, jukes out lb's, buys time and amkes a backyard play out of nothing. But occasionally I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back and, without pump faking, shuffling his feet or fleeing the pocket, zip a pass to a spot on the field before his WR even makes his break resulting in a strike in the breadbasket[/quote:2wixgnls]

Big Ben is not Peyton manning or Drew Brees.

If you think Big Ben is the main reason for this crappy season seriously i think that is just pure hate towards a player.

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 01:26 AM
[quote="stlrz d":xabyvj8w]^

yawn

Like I said before, you know nothing about football, you never played, so any post you make has to be read with that in mind. Why don't you report me to the mods, "tough guy" ?

Do you think Steelers lost this season because of Big Ben????[/quote:xabyvj8w]

Yes he does. He's a pee wee football coach who has never played. He knows all.

sd steel
12-11-2009, 01:29 AM

I don't think he "hates" him. It's just frustrating to see him have absolutely no rhythm with his WR's this late in the season. When do you ever see Ben take 5-7 steps back, and immediately fire the pass? Trusting his throw, his receivers and his oc? Not too often. Of course it's not ALL on him but he is the supposed leader of that offense and it starts with him. I've been saying this every year but I'd like to see him woodshed it in the offseason and really put in some time working on his game. Ideally, with holmes, wallace and sweed. Run patterns and throw balls 'till they can do it blindfolded ala payton and his wr's. Of course I love when Ben sheds tackles, jukes out lb's, buys time and amkes a backyard play out of nothing. But occasionally I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back and, without pump faking, shuffling his feet or fleeing the pocket, zip a pass to a spot on the field before his WR even makes his break resulting in a strike in the breadbasket

Big Ben is not Peyton manning or Drew Brees.

If you think Big Ben is the main reason for this crappy season seriously i think that is just pure hate towards a player.[/quote:27rh9qhq]

Ben should be the leader, and yes I think alot of blame has to goes his way, starting with the sexual assault (alleged), to his work ethic. If guys see the leader partying on Friday night, not working hard in training camp etc, he sets the example now. It doesn't help that Tomlin has a laid back style, but for a football team it's a recipe for disaster IMO. We need some leaders on this team, and Ben is not one.

Jom112
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Ben was and is scared.

Mike Mayock on NFL Network was breaking down the game and showing how he should have checked down more.

On that 4th and 6 play on Heath's side there was only one defender to cover 2 receivers. Ben's head was looking that way but then he brought the ball down and moved in the pocket and looked to the other side of the field.

Still I wouldn't say this season is Ben's fault. For most of the season he was playing at a pro bowl level...

Ghost
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The entire season is certainly not on him but last night with the season on the line, Ben was not good. Not good at all. The o-line didn't help but Ben was off all night. Took multiple sacks when he could have thrown it away. Missed guys. Forced throws. Doesn't make me a Ben Hater but I think it's legitimate to criticize his play when he doesn't step up. And last night he did not (a long with a soild 75% of the team).

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM
there have been other games this season that the wr's have had problems with getting seperation. why is that though? both hines and holmes are very good at running routes. yea ben missed open wr's a few times but for the most part the wr's were bottled up. it has to be lack of creativity with the scheme and play calling. do they ever add anything new to the playbook? were there any in game adjustments even made?

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Guys were open and he doesn't know where his receivers are. He triple pumps every effin play instead of hitting the open guy. Then when he throws it, it's off the mark. Ben looked like an immobile dufus. He doesn't know the plays and he has happy feet in the pocket. This crap of a season is on the 100 million dollar man!What game were you watching? Even the guys in the booth were commenting on how Ben has no where to go with the ball.

sd steel
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Guys were open and he doesn't know where his receivers are. He triple pumps every effin play instead of hitting the open guy. Then when he throws it, it's off the mark. Ben looked like an immobile dufus. He doesn't know the plays and he has happy feet in the pocket. This crap of a season is on the 100 million dollar man!What game were you watching? Even the guys in the booth were commenting on how Ben has no where to go with the ball.

What are they supposed to say? Ben doesn't know where his open receivers are and triple fakes 3 times?

And you are really going to listen to Matt Millen?? If you watched the replays, I TVO it and rewind during the game, but receivers were open.

steelblood
12-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Hines was hurting. He was not effective.

Holmes had a decent game. He got their best corner and the saftety rolled to him when the full blitz wasn't on. It wasn't his best effort, but to have 90 some yards in that weather was ok. It also looked like the DB was holding his jersey past five yards on several plays.

Wallace was very disappointing. I'm not sure why many want to say he'll be an effective starter in a year or two. He has a long way to go. He runs fast in a straight line and is decent on digs. But, he doesn't explode out of his cuts. He doesn't have much run after the catch. And, he plays much smaller and weaker than he is.

Heath dropped another pass! He had a shot to score. What in the Sam Hill is wrong with that boy? Also, how many times did Heath catch the ball and basically stop (with no one around him) before heading upfield.

Honestly, in the second half, I was hoping that Sweed would play. At least he would have provided a match up problem. It is pretty pathetic when you are looking for the guy who can't catch to come in.

frankthetank1
12-11-2009, 12:16 PM

What are they supposed to say? Ben doesn't know where his open receivers are and triple fakes 3 times?

And you are really going to listen to Matt Millen?? If you watched the replays, I TVO it and rewind during the game, but receivers were open.[/quote:39be5afz]

more than half the time ben had no where to go with the ball. i dvr'd the game as well. even though millen is an idiot they can see the entire field!! ben missed a few open wr's but not many. also when a wr is finally open sometimes or most of the time ben is about to get hit or getting hit. yeah the wr was open but if the qb cant see the wr it doesnt matter and that's not the qb's fault

steelblood
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM

And you are really going to listen to Matt Millen?? If you watched the replays, I TVO it and rewind during the game, but receivers were open.

more than half the time ben had no where to go with the ball. i dvr'd the game as well. even though millen is an idiot they can see the entire field!! ben missed a few open wr's but not many. also when a wr is finally open sometimes or most of the time ben is about to get hit or getting hit. yeah the wr was open but if the qb cant see the wr it doesnt matter and that's not the qb's fault[/quote:20oml9uk]

The truth lies somewhere in between. The Browns did a nice job of manning up and covering our guys. But, Ben did miss a few guys. Ben also needs to be able to work some back shoulder throws to heath and Holmes over the middle when the cover us with straight man.