PDA

View Full Version : Apathy...

steelerkeylargo
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
The performance of this team the last five weeks has totally drained my desire to jump on the bandwagon of verbal abuse towards it and its coaches. I am completely drained, emotionless and unfeeling. The joy of last year feels a lifetime away!!!! :wft

TallyStiller
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
You are where the team is, then... that's been their problem. Season long hangover. Just not hungry. Fat, happy, and mostly well paid, and they played like it.

Remind me more at this point of the one and done Gruden Bucs than a dynasty in the making. The Bucs have one playoff win since. Here's hoping our guys show up a little hungrier next year.

TallyStiller
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
To be fair, though, last season was really unlike any I have seen from any NFL team... close win after close win. Big game after big game. Backs to the wall from mid October onward... kinda like hockey, where you have the incredible intensity of the playoffs, and only a 2 month turnaround before next season. Hard to rebound from that.

Our guys played playoff football for 3 1/2 months, and had basically every bounce go their way to go from a team that was expected to do little to a Super Bowl champion. This year has been the antithesis. We were sitting pretty, and p*ssed away a playoff spot that was pretty much considered a given... went from dynasty in the making to possible top 10 draft pick. Hopefully we rebound next year after all the pundits pick us to suck. We seem to enjoy confounding expectations.

NW Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:48 AM
To be fair, though, last season was really unlike any I have seen from any NFL team... close win after close win. Big game after big game. Backs to the wall from mid October onward... kinda like hockey, where you have the incredible intensity of the playoffs, and only a 2 month turnaround before next season. Hard to rebound from that.

Our guys played playoff football for 3 1/2 months, and had basically every bounce go their way to go from a team that was expected to do little to a Super Bowl champion. This year has been the antithesis. We were sitting pretty, and p*ssed away a playoff spot that was pretty much considered a given... went from dynasty in the making to possible top 10 draft pick. Hopefully we rebound next year after all the pundits pick us to suck. We seem to enjoy confounding expectations.

:Agree

I agree with this 100%.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM
You are where the team is, then... that's been their problem. Season long hangover. Just not hungry. Fat, happy, and mostly well paid, and they played like it.

Remind me more at this point of the one and done Gruden Bucs than a dynasty in the making. The Bucs have one playoff win since. Here's hoping our guys show up a little hungrier next year.

Exactly what I've been saying. But some on this board will continue to deny it--
according to them, desire has nothing to do with the demise of the Steelers this season.
I don't know how they could be so blind to the truth.

Chadman
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Very well said.