PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, exposed as frauds?

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Biggest fraud of a super champ in history.

Couldnt get a turnover, couldnt get to Quinn. Can't score. Ben holds on too times, sacked 8 times. AND, the worst Offensive Line in Football, therefore they CANNOT run the football.

This is NOT an uspet by the browns folks.

NW Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I honstly don't understand why Ben NEVER throws the ball away. That last sack was ridiculous.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Biggest fraud of a super champ in history.

Couldnt get a turnover, couldnt get to Quinn. Can't score. Ben holds on too times, sacked 8 times. AND, the worst Offensive Line in Football.

Offense laid big egg...pathetic effort by Big Ben and the WRs.

Oh BTW where was our rush defense??

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Ben had no chance out there. WRs weren''t getting open.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I honstly don't understand why Ben NEVER throws the ball away. That last sack was ridiculous.

I am a big supporter of Big Ben...but he is one of the biggest reason we lost the game.

I think this locker room is screwed up. No emotions.

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2009, 12:35 AM

I am a big supporter of Big Ben...but he is one of the biggest reason we lost the game.

U must have watched a different game.

Where was he supposed to throw it to?

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Troy out. Ben sex case. Arians sucks. Ward's cryin.

The lockerroom is majorly screwed up.

I think alot of people have been drinking the kool aid. Players and fans alike. This team lacks SERIOUS talent.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM

There were receivers open. Rarely though.

He could have run for the first down at the end.

He has to know where the pressure it coming from.

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM

There were receivers open. Rarely though.

He could have run for the first down at the end.

He has to know where the pressure it coming from.
I thought he could have ran there too.

Oh well, plenty of blame to go around I suppose.

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM

The Browns DBs were getting away with some serious holding and illegal contact. Very frustrating to watch.

Starlifter
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
i understand ben's style of play and you get the good with the bad. we all know however there are times when you simply CAN'T take a sack. a last minute drive to tie the game and force overtime when you are low on timeouts is just such a time. it's a basic understanding of the game and in my opinion is symptomatic of and overall trend the steelers have displayed this year. they miss tackles, miss assignments, don't get the plays in during critical times etc. yeah, players have to make plays but when you look at all that's happened (and don't forget special teams) a large part of this has to rest on our coaches. the team is simply sloppy, uninspired and unprepared.

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM

The Browns DBs were getting away with some serious holding and illegal contact. Very frustrating to watch.
I did notice that too.

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 12:45 AM
He definitely had a first down if he ran on that last play. He didn't see that linebacker. I guess its explainable. But the whole game, it seemed WRs were covered. At least from the replays the network was showing. How do the Browns suddenly find a way to cover people? Whatever. This game was lost from the first drive. Ridiculous. It wasn't like the other games that we blew. It was just a poor effort from beginning to end.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Sometimes, you have to just throw it faster.

Sometimes, you have to just throw it away.

A lot of times, Ben just takes too long to make decisions. He's a tremendous talent, and I'm grateful for all he's done for this team in the past. But he needs to understand, he needs to keep working on his game and get better.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
The receivers CANNOT get open.

The CHIEFS, BENGALS (twice), the RAIDERS and now the Brown just manned up 1-1 with them. There was safety help at times, but the blueprint was laid out by the Bengals first victory.

We need a playmaker on O. Jeez, ward couldn't run with a hammy. Holmes is just average, and NOT ONCE did Ben throw deep to Wallace. Of course, he had no time to throw. At least as much time as HE wants.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Sometimes, you have to just throw it faster.

Sometimes, you have to just throw it away.

A lot of times, Ben just takes too long to make decisions. He's a tremendous talent, and I'm grateful for all he's done for this team in the past. But he needs to understand, he needs to keep working on his game and get better.

Agreed. He is HURTING the offense by not throwing it away.

grotonsteel
12-11-2009, 12:52 AM

I am not blaming everything on Big Ben....WRs were also struggling to get open...well it was just a weird game. It looked like Steelers had given up on this game.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
The whole team is playing badly.

Coaches not doing their job in practice.

JTP53609
12-11-2009, 08:37 AM
i agree, this is the most disfunctional defending champ ever, they are messed up, tear down the defense and start again, keep a few players but we managed ONE SACK against the worst offensive team in football and NO TURNOVERS AGAIN....we suck, i love them but we suck

JAR
12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
You can't blame Ben for the loss. 7 of the sacks happened in a split second the receivers weren't open and they should have been running the damned ball! Yet 3rd and 2 they go empty back set! Scoring 6 points in weather like that is enough to win a game 90% of the time. Giving up 13 points to a team with 1 win in weather like that is one of the biggest Steelers atrocities ever.

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM

At times yes that didn't help, but that it happens pretty often..... (somewhat like holding... they could always call more often than they do). But that's stilll no excuse for how bad our WR were at getting separation.

Ben played very badly. No doubt. Most of those sacks were coverage sacks. Some of them could have have been thrown away, but a lot of them were completely unblocked. The sacks were split about 50/50 on Ben and O-line. But you could argue 5/3 either way. Everyone on offense played poorly, no exceptions.

Leper Friend
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Scoring 6 points in weather like that is enough to win a game 90% of the time. Giving up 13 points to a team with 1 win in weather like that is one of the biggest Steelers atrocities ever.
:wft

I hope you are being sarcastic.

birtikidis
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
You can't blame Ben for the loss. 7 of the sacks happened in a split second the receivers weren't open and they should have been running the damned ball! Yet 3rd and 2 they go empty back set! Scoring 6 points in weather like that is enough to win a game 90% of the time. Giving up 13 points to a team with 1 win in weather like that is one of the biggest Steelers atrocities ever.

I can blame it on him. 7 sacks happened in a hurry. true. Where was the hot read? thats bens responsibility. why do 31 NFL qb's make hot calls but ours doesn't? that's all on bens shoulders.

aggiebones
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Watch all the NFL QBs over the last couple decades after a concussion. They were very indecisive and couldn't get rid of the ball, which leads to more sacks.
Steve Young, Aikman, Warner, Garcia to name a few off the top of my head where it was more pronounced.
Ben's head isn't in order. He was holding the ball longer than ever and wasn't trusting his instincts. Hopefully he doesn't take another big hit and we can get to the offseason and recover a bit.
We won the Super Bowl last year and we were quite good in doing so. I never thought we were the best ever team, but when you take away 2 of the top defenders on the team in Troy and ASmith, you are gonna struggle. They are by far the most important to the defense, including Harrison. Twice when ASmith has gone down for the season, we have hit a brick wall.
The offense is always up and down, but Ben is not in his right frame of mind.
So it is what it is. We've won 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls, can't really complain.
Just gotta keep supporting them and get excited for next year.
Good thing is that we'll likely have a decent draft pick. If we were to slide up a few notches we could really get a top OL or DL, something we need VERY soon.
Still plenty to be proud about as a Steeler's fan. Like only team with 6 and 2 of last 4.
There is no fraud in Pittsburgh baby! Except maybe the thread opener.

JAR
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM

I can blame it on him. 7 sacks happened in a hurry. true. Where was the hot read? thats bens responsibility. why do 31 NFL qb's make hot calls but ours doesn't? that's all on bens shoulders.

He didn't even have time to get it to the hot read. How often did a Brownie come through untouched? 31 other NFL QBs don't make it with 1/10th of a second to react either.

steelblood
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM

WRs weren't getting open enough, but Ben was not hitting them quickly enough when they were open. Several times he had a receiver dragging the middle in front of him and didn't get that guy the ball because he was looking downfield. Finally, against man coverage, you often need to make back shoulder throws or fling it when the DB has his back turned. This often leads to pass int. in the least. You can't always wait for a receiver to uncover.

If we continued to slip Mendenhall or Moore out of the backfield and threw a few middle screens, we would have slowed down that rush. Screens to RBs would have been highly effective against that blitz and man coverage crap. I honestly don't think we called a single middle screen or RB screen the entire night.

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
If we continued to slip Mendenhall or Moore out of the backfield and threw a few middle screens, we would have slowed down that rush. Screens to RBs would have been highly effective against that blitz and man coverage crap. I honestly don't think we called a single middle screen or RB screen the entire night.

:Agree