PDA

View Full Version : Fire every coach

ramblinjim
12-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Ok, I'm not going to be that guy although the thought crossed my mind at multiple points during the game but I think at this point you have to let the young guys play, decide which vets' salaries get eaten and decide who you need to get rid of.

The team quit, that's the coaches fault. A head or two will have to roll.
The D gave up too many plays all season long. Someone should pay for that.

Some players just couldn't make plays when given the opps. Ike, Sweed, Gay, Clark, Mundy, Farrior, etc. Woodley and Harrison were not exactly beasts this year either.

The Oline played better overall, but boy they stunk tonight.

No killer instinct. It just disappeared.

Sad to say that of all of our losses this year to all the crap teams, the Browns actually beat us worse than anyone else.

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Well, special teams coach at minimum...again. What more on special teams has to happen for that dude to get canned.

I feel bad wishing someone to lose their job...but fuc*!!! Cribbs killed us...

BradshawsHairdresser
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Arians, Ligashevsky, and LeBeau all need to go.

feelthesteel
12-11-2009, 05:22 AM
WE NEED A COACH WITH BALZZZZZZZZ!!!! PERIOD.

Oviedo
12-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Sure fire the coaches that will solve the problem.

Let's just keep the players who can't catch, can't tackle and can't block.

Right now the coaches are the least of our problems. The players have been the primary culprits for this disgraceful season, not the coaches.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM

Right now the coaches are the least of our problems. The players have been the primary culprits for this disgraceful season, not the coaches.

Well, hold on ...I'm for firing some players too...

But to say that the coaches are the least of our problems? BS.

They are supposed to make sure the players are prepared to play. Through schemes and play-calling, their job is to put the players in position to be successful. As far as possible, they are to have the best available players on the field in any given situation. They didn't do those things. When you keep coming up with the same old slop, and getting the same result, guess what? It's time for a change.

This was a TEAM collapse. Players and coaches alike are culpable.

Oviedo
12-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Well, hold on ...I'm for firing some players too...

But to say that the coaches are the least of our problems? BS.

They are supposed to do their best to put the players in position to be successful.
They didn't do that. When you keep coming up with the same old slop, and getting the same result, guess what? It's time for a change.

This was a team collapse. Players and coaches alike are culpable.

I agree that NO ONE (even legends) are immune from a rectal exam after this season. But I'm pretty certain that the coaches don't hold practice sessions on missing tackles and dropping balls and whiffing on blocks. We are talking professionals who get paid great sums of money to do something and the players have failed almost across the board in some areas.

ramblinjim
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I think you're both right on this, coaches and players need to be replaced after the 2009 debacle.

I think at this point, you shut down your players that you know are going to be here next year, shut down the one's that you know are not and see what we have with our first, second and third year guys and let them get three pro games, against three good teams coming up, under their belt.

I want to see Lewis, Burnett, Hood, Harris and Mundy on Defense as well as some of the young offensive linemen and see if they can play, along with Dixon. Because I don't want to be stupid and have Big Ben standing behind an offensive line of a bunch of second teamers.

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not on the "fire every coach" bandwagon.

But every coach needs to be held accountable because quality personal have been out played, and out coach by some of the worst teams in the league.

You can claim that it's all up to the players once they step foot inside the lines, but you've had 5 games to address these issues and put players between the lines that will execute.

I'll give up a little talent for discipline, sound, fundamental football. That's why I wasn't as excited as some to see Foote leave.

Some of these loses fall on the players. But considering the quality of the opponents during this 5 game skid, not righting the ship somewhere a long line and scraping together a couple more wins falls squarely on the coaches.

I think they should practice the rest of the season in pads, blocking and tackling. And give players that show they want it the most the start. We don't have to worry about being fresh for the playoffs and we need to get back to fundamentals.

The thing I think I am most disappointed in is that for the first time in I don't know how long, the Steelers are soft.

SteelBucks
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM

The only coach in trouble is Ligashevsky. Ben likes Arians, so he'll be back and LeBeau isn't going anywhere unless he decides to retire.

Steeler Mafia
12-11-2009, 10:57 AM

The only coach in trouble is Ligashevsky. Ben likes Arians, so he'll be back and LeBeau isn't going anywhere unless he decides to retire.

I'm sorry, but who is the head coach, Big Ben or Tomlin? This "Ben likes Bruce, so he isn't going anywhere" schtick drives me insane. (I mean no offense to you) If I am the head coach, and I know I am not, I wouldn't care what my starting QB thinks of the OC. If he can't get the job done, I will find someone else who can. I think Ben is getting spoiled by the lack of direction authorized by BA. Ben is no Peyton Manning. He can't call the O-line plays at the LOS and it is obvious that much like BA, Ben thinks every play needs to gain 20 yards or more. Hell, Heath Miller should have had an APB put out on him in the second half. This should be BA's last season as the Steelers OC. This game as well as the last 4 was much more than just not executing. It is time to get out the chopping block. The line starts to the left, and brother, it should be a very long line. The axe needs to swing on both sides of the ball. Coaches and players.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-11-2009, 11:03 AM

Agree on Ligashevsky.....and his assistant for that matter.

Disagree on Arians. I don't buy that Ben controls the OC job. Especially since this could eventually determine Tomlin's job. He might stay but it will not be because Ben wants him.

Agree on DL. He stays if he decides he wants to. The bigger question should be whether or not he decides to retire after this year and what does direction will the D take if he does?

pfelix73
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Again, the coaches have to put the players in a situation to succeed and execute.. Right now, BA is not always doing that....example- just check the first few series of last night's game...

:tt1

SteelBucks
12-11-2009, 08:41 PM

I'm sorry, but who is the head coach, Big Ben or Tomlin? This "Ben likes Bruce, so he isn't going anywhere" schtick drives me insane. (I mean no offense to you) If I am the head coach, and I know I am not, I wouldn't care what my starting QB thinks of the OC. If he can't get the job done, I will find someone else who can. I think Ben is getting spoiled by the lack of direction authorized by BA. Ben is no Peyton Manning. He can't call the O-line plays at the LOS and it is obvious that much like BA, Ben thinks every play needs to gain 20 yards or more. Hell, Heath Miller should have had an APB put out on him in the second half. This should be BA's last season as the Steelers OC. This game as well as the last 4 was much more than just not executing. It is time to get out the chopping block. The line starts to the left, and brother, it should be a very long line. The axe needs to swing on both sides of the ball. Coaches and players.

I didn't say I agreed with it. I just think when the season starts next year, Arians will still be the OC and I'll be the first to complain about his version of the West Coast Offense.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2009, 03:16 AM
I think the order of likelihood of coaches on this staff getting canned is as follows:

1. Bob Ligashesky
2. Amos Jones
3. Bruce Arians
4. Larry Zierlein
5. Ray Horton

I think everyone else on the staff is pretty much safe (LeBeau goes only if he decides to retire...in that case, I'd imagine that Keith Butler gets promoted). However, if Arians does get bounced, there is a possibility that the new O.C. that we eventually hire would like someone else that he is more familiar with to work directly with Ben and the QB's instead of Kenny Anderson.