PDA

View Full Version : Sad and embarrassing

stlrz d
12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
2:00 minutes to the half. Those 2 words about sum it up.

papillon
12-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Quite remarkable really, it's hard to fathom what has happened to this team in the last 5 days.

Pappy

NW Steeler
12-10-2009, 10:41 PM
It only takes one word: PATHETIC.

stlrz d
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
They don't even deserve a halftime break...get back out there and get it over with.

SteelAbility
12-10-2009, 10:55 PM
The Super Bowl run begins in the 2nd half of this game. :moon

LordVile
12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
playing like god damn bums.. take GAY out of the game. he's really bad.

6rings
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
did we 'unleash the 'or did we have 2 choices: 'to fight or not fight' that first half?

Steelgal
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Can't remember the last time it was so painful to watch them.

Uncle Rico
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
This current group of Steelers all need see to a shrink because something is wrong far beyond just their playing abilities.

Flasteel
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm struggling to even find words to describe what is happening to this team.

I've never seen anything this pathetic...maybe the worst collapse in team history.

6rings
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
It looks like Tomlin's flimflammery and cliches were able to fool the players and fans for a couple seasons. I hope he comes up with a new schtick next year.

JTP53609
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
for the frist time in my life, i have turned them off, i am watching the nhl network bc it hurts to watch....this team quit..

costanza2k1
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for your lifeless efforts you bastards...both of my young boys have teared up now I have to give a ad hoc lecture to them on winning/losing...

stlrz d
12-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I've yelled at the tv exactly once...on the first Ben sack.

Since then I've just reclined back in the chair and taken it in stunned disbelief.

Flasteel
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM

Since then I've just reclined back in the chair and taken it in stunned disbelief.

Same here. There is rage boiling underneath the surface...I can feel it. But I am just numb.

feltdizz
12-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks for your lifeless efforts you bastards...both of my young boys have teared up now I have to give a ad hoc lecture to them on winning/losing...
OMG.. That is painful yet funny.... I remember crying after a loss when I was a kid and I swore the FG was good

ramblinjim
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
it's going to be a rough off season...

NW Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:21 AM

Me too. I think that is the reaction of a lot of Steeler fans right now. Some of it is complete disbelief and shock. The rest is utter dissapointment.

kindlecatsb'ng
12-11-2009, 12:27 AM
We fans probably take this a lot harder than most of the players--except possibly players like Hines, who knows what a loss to the Clowns means.

Don't know what to think anymore--maybe they are just wanting to be out of it.

Don't have to be concerned with any expectations now.

Really enjoyed the chat this year.

Hope we get some good draft picks this year.

Now we'll see what the real Tomlin is like.

Wolfhound45
12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
It is about to get a lot worse. As of tomorrow morning at 9:00 eastern time, the NFL will change the Steelers record from 6-7 to 5-8. ESPN is reporting that the Vikings are petitioning the league to have their loss overturned. Apparently they are saying that there is no way they could have lost to a team that was beaten by the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns.

More updates to follow.

:HeadBanger

NW Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:52 AM
It is about to get a lot worse. As of tomorrow morning at 9:00 eastern time, the NFL will change the Steelers record from 6-7 to 5-8. ESPN is reporting that the Vikings are petitioning the league to have their loss overturned. Apparently they are saying that there is no way they could have lost to a team that was beaten by the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns.

More updates to follow.

Thanks for actually making me laugh. :Beer

Iron Shiek
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm fairly confident that a super bowl champ has not lost to 3 of the $hittiest teams in the league the following year. Unfathomable.

And eff any of you lurking trolls coming over to see the wreckage and carnage of our meltdown. Go back to your rock from which you crawled out of and worry about your own team. Eff you.

Wolfhound45
12-11-2009, 01:06 AM

More updates to follow.

Quick update to the story. ESPN reports that the league has upheld the request from the Vikings. At least one other team that has not been identified is also considering a request to have their loss overturned as well.

In other news, Appalachian State contacted the Pittsburgh front office about scheduling the Steelers for their homecoming game in 2010 and 2011.

More updates to follow.

skyhawk
12-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Worst team since 1987.

Too bad the Browns won't win anymore games this season.

AngryAsian
12-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Worst team since 1987.

Tonight was their Super Bowl.

costanza2k1
12-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Worst team since 1987.

the Bengals' SB, the Chiefs SB, and the Raiders SB...a very sorry season.

steelz09
12-11-2009, 02:12 AM
I am speechless regardling this loss.

I have never, ever seen such a lack of consolidated effort from a Steelers team in my lifetime.

Firstly, I don't understand how Tomlin & Co. can follow up a horrendous loss to the Raiders with this perfomrnace. So much for "unleashing hell". They looked unprepared, unmotivated, and literally unwilling to win, and that includes both the defense and offense.

We have too much player talent to play like this which is what makes these losses so much difficult. Tomlin really needs to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself the question "how could this possibly have happened, and how can I prevent this in the future".

In addition, I don't seen how Tomlin can possibly NOT fire Arians and the ST coach. To me, it's simply a no brainer.

The Steelers coaches and players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Outside, of Woodley, most looked lie they played at 50%.

There is no excuse that can even be used in this case. The coaches didn't coach and the players didn't play. A complete ad unexcusable pathetic team displayed tonight. One thing ..... The Steelers lost to the three worst teams in the NFL. The absolute WORST!

Chadman
12-11-2009, 02:21 AM
If we agree that the Steelers problems stem from mental, rather than physical, issues- Chadman wonders if any of these 'news report issues' might have been the catalyst to the Steelers slump- all taken from the week between Denver & the Bengals..

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09315/1012404-455.stm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 52772.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_652772.html)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 52933.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_652933.html)

Maybe they mean nothing...what do you think?

Captain Lemming
12-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Worst team since 1987.

the Bengals' SB, the Chiefs SB, and the Raiders SB...a very sorry season.

Why so gloomy?
Not only are we the reigning champions, we follow up with FOUR SB appearances IN ONE SEASON.

Sure we lost all four, but to get to four in a single season? Unprecedented!!!
Ben has basically in this season alone done what took Jim Kelly a CAREER to do.

Ingrates!!!
We are witnessing an amazing season! :wink:

Wolfhound45
12-11-2009, 08:00 AM

More updates to follow.

Quick update to the story. ESPN reports that the league has upheld the request from the Vikings. At least one other team that has not been identified is also considering a request to have their loss overturned as well.

In other news, Appalachian State contacted the Pittsburgh front office about scheduling the Steelers for their homecoming game in 2010 and 2011.

More updates to follow.

Final update from ESPN. Apparently Appalachian State has withdrawn their invitation to the Steelers to be their opponents for homecoming in 2010 and 2011. When asked about the decision to not play the Steelers, Athletic Director Charlie Cobb had the following to say;

http://media.gatewaync.com/wsj/photos/2009/03/27/appbkb.jpg

"Our apologies to the Steelers for the misunderstanding. When we considered them as a homecoming opponent, we did not realize that they would be no longer be bowl eligible as of this morning. We have the utmost respect for their organization and history. That being said, we are now looking for other programs to play in 2010 and 2011. Under current consideration are the Citadel and James Madison University. Another possibility would be the Cleveland Browns, an organization that has shown great promise lately and is spoken of as a "Super Bowl caliber" team."

Ghost
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Calling it sad and embarrassing is kind. 90% of these guys looked like ther were mentally on a post-season golf course/beach. There were plays and plays where there wasn't even half the effort - blocking, tackling, running, catching. Dispicable.

NWNewell
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I think the "5 Stages of Grief" should be relabeled to:

1. Cincinnati (Denial) - We still thought we were a good team and had a chance at the division
2. Chiefs (anger) - We were pissed that we could loose to such a bad team
3. Ravens (bargaining) - We were looking at the Wild Card Race and the possible ways we could still make it
4. Raiders (depression) - Sad and frustrated that we lost to another bad team
5. Browns (acceptance) - Most of use spend a lot of that game coming to the realization that the Steelers as we know them are dead (at least for 2009).

As stlrs d said, I wasn't even mad. I almost found it comical and accepted that we are not a good team this year. I started thinking that maybe this will set up our next couple years by re-kindling the fire in this team and perhaps provide us with as solid draft pick.

Steeler Mafia
12-11-2009, 11:13 AM

My reaction exactly. I think I yelled at the sacks that ended the first three series, all on 3rd and short. After that, I just went numb as I watchd this heartless team put a stamp of disgust on this season. I have no emotion left. No anger. No sadness. Nothing. However, the one thing I can say is that I was never shocked by this outcome. We just beat ourselves 5 times in a row, but as Tomlin says, "That is not who we are as a football team". Yeah right, coach. Keep thiinking that.

SteelAbility
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
First time since 87 Giants that a SB champion has lost 5 straight. Three of the Giants' losses were from the scrub team.