PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's changes

PSU_dropout43
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
via another board...

According to Jason LaCanfora on NFLN:

Hood to start, Townsend to start for Gay, Timmons might be benched for Fox. He said the coaches are lobbying Tomlin to play Fox.

Chadman
12-10-2009, 06:43 PM
via another board...

According to Jason LaCanfora on NFLN:

Hood to start, Townsend to start for Gay, Timmons might be benched for Fox. He said the coaches are lobbying Tomlin to play Fox.

Hood starting is good...Townsend starting is not good...and Fox over Timmons?? Why? Has Timmons really been responsible for the Steelers woes?

Hopefully, this report is incorrect.

frankthetank1
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
starting deshea makes sense but why bench timmons? he had 8 tackles and 2 sacks last week!!! why dont they bench farrior? he has been the leader of this defense for some time but he is a step slower this season. timmons imo has been playing very well lately

Steelerphile
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't think this can be correct. I don't see DeShea getting the start. Tomlin has mentioned Burnett and never said Deshea was a consideration. Deshea also has not made any plays this year and hasn't looked that great. He is aging veteran on his way out, and Burnett is the young player who is possibly on the rise.

They have been giving Fox some playing time in recent games so I think that would continue, but I don't see why they would demote Timmons totally out of the lineup.

I could see Hood getting the start. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

NWNewell
12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Heard that on NFL Network (about all three).

Something to the effect of Timmons making a lot of mental/coverage mistakes.

Perhaps he is one of the people that Harrison and Farrior's comments about doing your job is directed at.

steelsnis
12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah, it definitely could be Timmons the vets have been harping on. With this being his first full year as a starter, and him missing significant time w/an injury, he could easily be trying to do too much out there.

What we can't forget is that this guy is only 23 years old and will be a star for this team for years to come. If it is him who's missing calls or assignments, he's gotta pick it up.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Perhaps they plan to use Fox in the old Foote role on 1st and 2nd down, with Timmons on third down. Even though they would be in a timeshare, Fox would be the official starter, since 1st down comes, well, first.