PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle

flippy
12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Does the no huddle work for us because of the personnel?

Maybe that's a key for us on offense. Maybe we need to spread it out more with 4 wides and a RB.

Maybe our TEs get to caught up blocking that it allows our opponents to stack the box and not have to worry about the TE routes so much making it all the more easy to cover Ward/Holmes and slow down our running game.

Maybe it's not the no huddle that works as much as it is the personnel?

Jigawatts
12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I say we run the I formation all night long.

250 yards for Spinderella tonight.

ikestops85
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Have we even used the no-huddle in the last few games? I don't recall us using it until the standard last 2 minutes.

Steeler Mafia
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
The no huddle works because it keeps opposing Defenses in base pakages without time to sub in other players. I don't know why we don't use it more. Another BA mystery.

I agree with Jig. Run the ball. I formation. Spindarella cut it up one time!

Flasteel
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Does the no huddle work for us because of the personnel?

Maybe that's a key for us on offense. Maybe we need to spread it out more with 4 wides and a RB.

Maybe our TEs get to caught up blocking that it allows our opponents to stack the box and not have to worry about the TE routes so much making it all the more easy to cover Ward/Holmes and slow down our running game.

Maybe it's not the no huddle that works as much as it is the personnel?

It's not like we run 4 wides exclusively or even predominately out of the no-huddle. Arians stated earlier this year that we haveabout 80% of the playbook available and we have run quite a bit out of it as well.

It's two factors in my opinion. Limiting the defensive substitutions, which creates match-up opportunities and can tire a defense out. The other is the obvious. Playcalling. The no-huddle is so much more effective for us in particular because it removes the normal liability of BA's placalling from the equation.

BURGH86STEEL
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
There were several times the no huddle failed the team this season. It is not like it is an automatic score when they go no huddle.

The team needs to play better no matter what they decide run. That means offense, defense (especially the defense), and special teams need to do their jobs when the time comes.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2009, 08:16 PM
You want Heath on the sidelines and Sweed out there in his place? Not me, Flip.