PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's secondary in Minnesota

PSU_dropout43
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
remember that secondary, it was gawd awful.

that's Steelers secondary, now.

There's an easy fix: Tomlin needs to take his stinking paws off of LeBeau's defense!

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Tomlin's secondary in Minnesota had Antoine Winfield and Darren Sharper. Teams just passed a lot when they played Minnesota because they gave up trying to run against the Williams Wall.

frankthetank1
12-09-2009, 02:55 PM

There's an easy fix: Tomlin needs to take his stinking paws off of LeBeau's defense!

so tomlin has more control over the secondary this year than last season? the secondary was good last season. was that all Lebeau?

grotonsteel
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Ike Taylor and William Gay are worst CB tandem in NFL this season.

Bring on 4-3 and some ball hawks.

feltdizz
12-09-2009, 03:11 PM

It's Tomlin's secondary? LOL!!! I think it's Troy's absence...and Gay sucks..

If Troy was playing and we looked like this I would be worried... but if you remember the Titans game. As soon as Troy left the Titans went 80 yards in 3 plays. I blame Lebeau and Tomlin for not having the back ups anywhere close to decent without Troy. They go straight short bus without Troy..

feelthesteel
12-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Gay and Ike suck

draft a shutdown guy that can catch.

Snatch98
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I just think the defense is playing poorly and everyone is looking for someone to blame. Harrison nailed it when he said everyone just needs to do their job and quit over extending. Ike is still a good corner with poor hands and Gay will come around. I actually think Gay is a pretty stout tackler most of the time and is just a little green at the starting spot. I'm going to give him some time before tossing him under the bus, no matter our record. I dunno maybe I'm being naive but I don't think it's fair to place all of the blame on our secondary with or without troy.

Captain Lemming
12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
[quote]
Ike is still a good corner with poor hands
Agreed

and Gay will come around. [/quote:3qp2t6ra]
Nope.

Draft an elite talent at corner, and pair him with IKE.

Captain Lemming
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Tomlin's secondary in Minnesota had Antoine Winfield and Darren Sharper. Teams just passed a lot when they played Minnesota because they gave up trying to run against the Williams Wall.

Tomlins secondary?
Remember, Tomlin was once the actual the "secondary coach" at Tampa.

IMHO, that secondary had some of the best seasons IN HISTORY when Tomlin was there.

Considering the modest secondary talent Tampa had, one could easily make the case that NO SECONDARY HAS EVER done so much with so little. That IS coaching. THAT WAS TOMLINS SECONDARY.

Captain Lemming
12-10-2009, 10:25 PM

Tomlins secondary?
Remember, Tomlin was once the actual the "secondary coach" at Tampa.

IMHO, that secondary had some of the best seasons IN HISTORY when Tomlin was there.

Considering the modest secondary talent Tampa had, one could easily make the case that NO SECONDARY HAS EVER done so much with so little. That IS coaching. THAT WAS TOMLINS SECONDARY.

BTW, never in all the years that Lebeau has coached defense has his secondary resulted in the number one PASS defense until Tomlin showed up.

That includes the Woodson/ Lake years, when you could make the case that we had the leagues best talent at secondary.

Interestingly, Tomlin has coached the number one secondary several times. He has never had HOF talent to work with.

You still want to make the case that Tomlin is screwing up Lebeaus great secondary?