PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Steeler Christmas list

anger 82&95
12-09-2009, 12:14 PM
1. A set of hands for Ike and Sweed

2. A CD of "fourth quarter blues" performed to the tune of Glen Frey's "Smuggler's Blues."

3. A Coleco Electronic Quarterback game for B. Arians; it might help with the really complicated play calling.

4. A "good luck Schleprock" doll; how much bad luck can one team experience in a given year?

5. An "officiating epiphany" for the NFL officials that have a difficult time recognizing the concept of holding as it pertains to Silverback.

6. A set of Special Teams action figures; the expensive ones that can actually perform in a game setting.

7. A box of Jack Daniels chocolates for J. Reed, the guy obviously handles his alcohol like a pro.

steelerkeylargo
12-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I will just take a win!

JTP53609
12-09-2009, 01:09 PM
how about less inferior opponents on the schedule, i would rather take on teams like the chargers, vikings and broncos....

Jigawatts
12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
A crate of stick um.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll play....

A victory on Thursday...Followed by 3 more.
Troy back for GB, Balt, & Miami.
Two losses by either the Broncos or Jags.
A loss by the Jets.
Megan Fox lying in my bed naked covered in Ben's signing bonus.
And...A partridge in a pear tree!

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/wrsx ... Griswold-- (http://www.entertonement.com/clips/wrsxzlbfcz--Look-him-in-the-eyeChevy-Chase-Christmas-Vacation-Clark-Griswold--)

"And I'm gonna look him straight in the eye, and I'm gonna tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four-flushing, lowlife, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, deekless, hopeless, heartless, fat-a$$, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spiny-necked, worm-headed sack of monkey $hit he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol!"

Merry Christmas!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
A crate of stick um.

Casey Hampton read this, thought it said "A crate of Steak Umms" and got really excited. :lol:

http://www.hellasound.com/images/uploads/j-money_steak-umm.jpg

anger 82&95
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
A crate of stick um.Tear-away jerseys might help... But I guess the ball needs to be caught first.

frankthetank1
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
6. A set of Special Teams action figures; the expensive ones that can actually perform in a game setting.

there special teams this season reminds me of that old school football game you would plug in and half the guys would spin around and the other half would fall down :lol:

ikestops85
12-09-2009, 03:09 PM

there special teams this season reminds me of that old school football game you would plug in and half the guys would spin around and the other half would fall down :lol:

What do you mean by "Old School"? I remember playing that game like it was yesterday. Especially my guy with the ball running (vibrating) the wrong way down the field. You would try anything to get him turned around but no matter what you did he would spin and go in the wrong direction again. Fun days.!! :Cheers

papillon
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Not to make Brady Quinn look like a HOFer tomorrow evening...

I'm taking baby steps on my wish list,I don't want to see greedy.

Pappy

JTP53609
12-09-2009, 03:58 PM
the injury bug needs to migrate somewhere else too, that is a nice wish

flippy
12-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Pappy

Maybe your wish is coming with snow in the forecast. Inclement weather can negate talent. So our CBs might benefit.

MeetJoeGreene
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
a brain transplant for Bruce Arians....

a flubber-filled football for Skippy's kickoffs.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Pappy

If he tries a cheap shot on a Steeler after he throws a pick...
They should allow James Harrison to chop him up and put him in Big Snacks chili.
I've heard...Brady Quinn is....The other white meat.

anger 82&95
12-09-2009, 06:08 PM

there special teams this season reminds me of that old school football game you would plug in and half the guys would spin around and the other half would fall down :lol:LMAO... I remember being very frustrated with that game! I actually liked the arcade Xs and Os football game; the one that used a trackball to move the players.

Jooser
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
the defense needs a stocking full of Just Plain Nasty attitude. :HeadBanger

flippy
12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
I'll take a Lombardi in a pear tree.

stlrz d
12-10-2009, 08:57 AM
A ginormous plastic dome to contain all the comments that should never leave the locker room.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-10-2009, 09:24 AM

After watching some of the defense these last couple games...It is sad to say...I might have more fire then some of the players taking the field.

papillon
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM

After watching some of the defense these last couple games...It is sad to say...I might have more fire then some of the players taking the field.

JPN, I'm curious who do you believe has played uninspired or hasn't been giving 100% effort on defense? What I saw was a defense that was putting forth the effort, but missing assignments and responsibilities (to the degree that I can determine these things). Poor play and lack of effort are two different things, IMO.

For instance, on the two scrambles by Gradkowski that left a receiver open behind the secondary, it wasn't that Carter and Gay weren't putting forth effort they simply miscommunicated and both attacked the short receiver allowing the deep threat to get behind them. It was miscommunication, not lack of effort on their part and once they realized they had blown their assignments they both were in pretty good sprint to try and make a play had he caught the ball.

I don't see a lack of fire or effort, it appears that communication is an issue and that includes getting the call in from the sideline.

Pappy