PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com: Steelers' Polamalu unsure he'll return this year

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4725821

No date set for Polamalu's return
Associated Press
Updated: December 8, 2009, 5:51 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- With the Pittsburgh Steelers fast running out of games and his left knee still not healed, star safety Troy Polamalu isn't certain if he will be back this season.

Polamalu is hopeful of playing again in 2009, but he said Tuesday there is no definitive date for his return.

Polamalu's latest injury, to his posterior cruciate ligament, was initially expected to be less severe than the anterior cruciate ligament injury that kept him out of the Steelers' second through fifth games. But he won't play Thursday night in Cleveland, the fourth consecutive game he's missed with his latest injury.

With 10 days off until the next game, there is a chance the five-time Pro Bowl player could be ready to play Dec. 20 against Green Bay. However, Polamalu hasn't been cleared to practice, much less play.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

JAR
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif

SteelHead
12-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I love how they extrapolate these headlines from a pretty benign article. I'd be shocked if Troy didn't come back at some point , especially if there's still a shot at us making the playoffs , or even in the playoffs if we make it. And if he doesn't then the injury had to of been a lot worse than anyone let on or we have no shot at the playoffs and the coaching staff just decides to shut him down until next year.

JAR
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I love how they extrapolate these headlines from a pretty benign article. I'd be shocked if Troy didn't come back at some point , especially if there's still a shot at us making the playoffs , or even in the playoffs if we make it. And if he doesn't then the injury had to of been a lot worse than anyone let on or we have no shot at the playoffs and the coaching staff just decides to shut him down until next year.

I know, I vomited before I read the whole thing.

stlrz d
12-08-2009, 08:50 PM

Ditto. He says there is no definitive date and it turns into "unsure he'll return".

There's no definitive time that I'll get out of bed tomorrow morning but I'm pretty sure I will eventually.

steelsnis
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM
With one more loss, I'd hope they would shut him down for the year anyway. I can't imagine they'd risk his future if the playoffs were out of the picture.

JTP53609
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
nice job bspn....
oue defense without troy polamalu is cereal without a bowl....sure the milk and cereal can be good but pretty hard to enjoy without something that holds it together

Jom112
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
In BSPN's defense, a lot of other sites are using the same headline.

Troy doesn't seem to sound too optimistic either:

Asked what it will take for him to play again this season, Polamalu said, A whole lot of feeling. A whole lot of prayers. God willing, hopefully, Ill be able to play. Well see what the doctor says.