PDA

View Full Version : Two things the Steelers should do

drprwnap
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
1. Put Troy in IR. No sense risking further injury on this pitful season.

2. PLAY SWEED AND THROW THE BALL TO HIM. Every game from here on out. Throw it to him 4-6 times a game. Let's see if this kid can catch or not. If he can't maybe he can be a DB next year. I hope the kid proves me wrong and he can catch!

Steeler Mafia
12-08-2009, 11:14 AM
We still have 4 games left in the season and a possible playoff birth to play for. No way they put Troy on IR. There will be plenty of time for him to rest his knee once the season is over. Besides, we shouln't need him playing the Browns. (and that is a big emphasis on the word shouldn't) As for Sweed, I am all for giving him opportunities, and he will get plenty of them with Hines being out for this game. However, he has to show us that he is ready to make the plays and at the least catch the ball.

papillon
12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
1. Put Troy in IR. No sense risking further injury on this pitful season.

2. PLAY SWEED AND THROW THE BALL TO HIM. Every game from here on out. Throw it to him 4-6 times a game. Let's see if this kid can catch or not. If he can't maybe he can be a DB next year. I hope the kid proves me wrong and he can catch!

No and Yes (He can catch)

Pappy

NWNewell
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
If we beat Clevland, I hope we get Troy back for the GB game... we'll need him. If we lose to Clevland, I agree with putting Troy on IR and try to get some young guys some PT.

Sweed will get plenty of PT this week since it looks like Ward will be out.

ramblinjim
12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree that if we become mathematically eliminated we should shut Troy down for the year and not risk further injury.

msp26505
12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Moving WR's to DB is something college teams do.

The Steelers pay Sweed too much to train him for a position other than that which he was drafted to play.

Sugar
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't throw Troy out on IR unless we are completely eliminated. I know it doesn't look good now- heck, it isn't good now but we still may need him.

Yeah, let's play Sweed and see what we get. I have no problem with giving him an opportunity to step up and go from 0-hero.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Moving WR's to DB is something college teams do.

The Steelers pay Sweed too much to train him for a position other than that which he was drafted to play.

And Belichick.

http://mdd2403.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/brown-mccree.jpg

Seriously, though, Sweed is not a DB. Dude is 6'4". How many 6'4" CB's have you seen in your life? (Mel Blount was 6'3"...and so is Dolphin rookie Sean Smith...they are the only CB's that tall that I can think of off the top of my head)

JTP53609
12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
we will beat cleveland and once troy comes back we beat green bay, than suddenly those who are throwing the towel in willl be brought back and we get in the playoffs at 10-6 and our first round game is at cincy.....

im am trying to get excited here, it is not over yet, the season seems like it just started....

Oviedo
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
we will beat cleveland and once troy comes back we beat green bay, than suddenly those who are throwing the towel in willl be brought back and we get in the playoffs at 10-6 and our first round game is at cincy.....

im am trying to get excited here, it is not over yet, the season seems like it just started....

I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel or not hopeful but we have gone through 12 weeks of hoping. I think fans just want tor take the "Missouri appraoch" and have them show us as opposed to the "check being in the mail." Can they win out, absolutely but its up to them. Unfortunately the team has put themselves at the mercy of other teams and what they do even if they win out.

Just because fans are dissatified with the current performance does not mean they are jumping on and off the bandwagon. There is a difference between seeing a talented team underperform and being frustrated and the chronic haters who only show up when things are bad.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I am all for Sweed seeing some PT. I would use him as they did in the preseason though on 5 to 15 yard passes over the middle where he caught everything, took the hits, and held onto the ball. I would NOT strictly use him as a deep threat where Ben only throws it to him 40 yards downfield. I would start him in Hines place and have him run Hines underneath routes.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM

I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel or not hopeful but we have gone through 12 weeks of hoping. I think fans just want tor take the "Missouri appraoch" and have them show us as opposed to the "check being in the mail." Can they win out, absolutely but its up to them. Unfortunately the team has put themselves at the mercy of other teams and what they do even if they win out.

Just because fans are dissatified with the current performance does not mean they are jumping on and off the bandwagon. There is a difference between seeing a talented team underperform and being frustrated and the chronic haters who only show up when things are bad.

http://kelsocartography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/missouri.png

(and, yes, I realize that you meant "show me")

BradshawsHairdresser
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
2. PLAY SWEED AND THROW THE BALL TO HIM. Every game from here on out. Throw it to him 4-6 times a game. Let's see if this kid can catch or not. If he can't maybe he can be a DB next year.

Why do we want another DB who can't catch?

Chadman
12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I am all for Sweed seeing some PT. I would use him as they did in the preseason though on 5 to 15 yard passes over the middle where he caught everything, took the hits, and held onto the ball. I would NOT strictly use him as a deep threat where Ben only throws it to him 40 yards downfield. I would start him in Hines place and have him run Hines underneath routes.

Totally agree. Use him in the role he's best suited to.