PDA

View Full Version : Ravens @ Packers

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Pack is up 10-0 in the second. We could not take care of business for the past month. Looks like someone might be helping us out a little bit.

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Turn this into a mini-game thread. Packers up 17-0 with 32 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Wonder if the Steelers are watching this?

grotonsteel
12-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Aaron Rodgers hold the ball too long... :wink: :D

Go Cheese Heads....!!!!!

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers hold the ball too long... :wink: :D

Go Cheese Heads....!!!!!

Only if BA is calling the plays! :stirpot

:P

Starlifter
12-07-2009, 11:31 PM
so many missed opportunities in the last 4 weeks. i thought KC would come back to haunt us but it will be oakland that gives us ulcers at the end of the year.

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Pack still up 17-0 midway through the 3rd. Must be nice to score points and stop an opposing offense. Feels like a month since I have seem something even remotely similar. Oh wait! It has been a month!

:HeadBanger

NorthCoast
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Uhh.....sure the Pack is helping us out, but it is a two-edge sword. We have to play the Pack in two weeks and our secondary just made Bruce #$#Q*$Gradoski look like Joe Montana. Guess what Rodgers will do with our lame secondary?...I shiver to think about it.

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
:Agree

grotonsteel
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Does Jon Gruden hate any player??? He talk all the time "I like this ......."

He hates that tuck rule for sure......... :twisted:

Screw Cheatroits........!!!!!!!

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
3:28 left in the third. Pack just gave up a TD pass. PAT pending.

grotonsteel
12-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Uhh.....sure the Pack is helping us out, but it is a two-edge sword. We have to play the Pack in two weeks and our secondary just made Bruce #$#Q*$Gradoski look like Joe Montana. Guess what Rodgers will do with our lame secondary?...I shiver to think about it.

Steelers will win that game. Mendy will rush for 160 yards and Rodgers will get sacked 6 times in that game.

Well I can atleast dream 8)

grotonsteel
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM

Donald driver was the culprit.

Wolfhound45
12-07-2009, 11:58 PM
17-7 Pack lead late in the third.

Hopefully we can break this jinx/hex/curse on Thursday night. We need a break, that is for sure.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice. The Pack fumble the KO return and recover and advance it another two yards. Wonder what it is like to get a break like that?

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Screw that Donald driver...jacka$$ :evil:

Show up like this against Steelers...

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I have seen this story before! OOH OOH!

Interception thrown by the Pack. Ravens are in business.

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
oops Steelers DB can't catch..so it won't matter anyways

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
PI. Ball at the one yard line. Looks like the Pack is getting ready to do a Steelers 2009.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
My bad, two yard line. Second and goal Ravens.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
TD Ravens. 14-17.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Fourteen points given up in just over one minute. I feel like I have seen this somewhere recently. Dejavu or something.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
PF, facemask on Ray Ray. Nice. Pack is driving.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
And just like that, holding GB.

NorthCoast
12-08-2009, 12:15 AM

I blame Bruce Arians. He obviously has been messing with the Packers game plan.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM

I blame Bruce Arians. He obviously has been messing with the Packers game plan.

BA is everywhere! :evil:

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Missed FG...Game On...

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Pack misses a 38 yard FG attempt. Baltimore has the ball.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Defensive stop by the Pack. Driving again.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Pack scores a TD. KO returned for 68 yards. I definitely have seen this before, I just do not remember where.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:34 AM
24-14 Pack, defensive PI on Pack, ball at the one, first and goal Ravens.

Shoe
12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
This is some ridiculous, flag-happy, bull$hit man. Seriously--over-officiating if I ever saw it.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
:Agree

Almost has the feel of a BCS or SEC game.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Interception by the Pack at the 4. Must be nice, a defensive player that can actually catch the ball. Where do you get one of those?

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
One of my best buddies is a Ravens fan. I know he is about to have a heart attack about right now.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Seven minutes left, down by 10. This has the smell of a KC/Raiders loss.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Another Pack interception. Wow, these things grow on trees up there!

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 01:05 AM
hahaha..awesome game.. :ratsuck

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2009, 01:05 AM
"Saw" the last 3 minutes or so on the NFL.com virtual football field.

Though I'm usually ecstatic when the Ravens lose, especially when we have similar records, tonight I just feel ... blahhh.

Anyone figure out ... are we even still in the playoff hunt, I mean not just mathematically?

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 01:06 AM
GB offense look so similar to Steelers Offense.. It will be a great game if Steelers come out to play

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

We are still alive. Barely. Not a good feeling, even if it means the Ravens lost. I hate (HATE) relying on another team to help us out.

On a positive note, thanks to this game (and a general lack of something better to do) I am now a starter! 501 posts!

grotonsteel
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

We are still alive. Barely. Not a good feeling, even if it means the Ravens lost. I hate (HATE) relying on another team to help us out.

On a positive note, thanks to this game (and a general lack of something better to do) I am now a starter! 501 posts!

I am trying hard to become a starter....Mike Tomlin talked about "change in the lineup" this week against the Stains... 8)

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

I am trying hard to become a starter....Mike Tomlin talked about "change in the lineup" this week against the Stains... 8)

Push yourself man, push yourself! Just two more posts. YOU CAN DO IT!

:P

brothervad
12-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Pretty amazing when you think about it that both teams that were in the AFC Championship game are both on the outside looking in to the Playoffs this year.

Such is the life in the modern NFL I guess...

brothervad

JTP53609
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
"Saw" the last 3 minutes or so on the NFL.com virtual football field.

Though I'm usually ecstatic when the Ravens lose, especially when we have similar records, tonight I just feel ... blahhh.

Anyone figure out ... are we even still in the playoff hunt, I mean not just mathematically?

heck yea we are in the playoff hunt...we dont deserve to be in the playoffs but if we win out, I would think it is likey we get in because....
of the teams that are 6-6,
the jets have a rookie qb and they will not win out
if we win out that means the dolphins and rats (Both 6-6) will be out since we will beat them
that leaves either the broncos or jags left, they hold downt he 5,6 spots...
the jags have to lose 2, and they have miami, indy and new england, and browns
or the broncos lose 2 they have the colts, raiders, eagles and chiefs....

so basically we are in the playoffs if all of this happens...
1) we win out
2)the jets lose just once
3)the broncos or jags lose 2wice.....

NWNewell
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I watched that game... and as good as I feel about Baltimore losing (not so much because I'm a hater, but just to maintain an outside chance at the playoffs), I feel even worse about the Packers win.

Why? Because that game showed me that we can't beat the Packers are going to absolutely torch our secondary.

:cry:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

Still alive. This was actually the first thing we needed to happen. Win out and the Ravens lose again. Nothing else would have mattered if the Ravens didn't lose again because the way things are working out....Finishing 2nd in your division will be your only shot. We now control our own destiny within the divisions final standings. *By tie breaker rules-Finishing 2nd in your division can leave you eligible for #5 & #6 seed. By finishing 3rd in your division, you are only eligible for a #6 seed.

Saying that...Here is the ugly truth!

This is the easiest path for the Steelers. Now you will know who to pull for. With the Steelers winning out (Not easy)....Here is what we need to happen. Winning out means the Steelers beat the Dolphins. That should work out the east because the Dolphins own the tie breakers on the Jets & I see the Jets losing at least one more game.

Now, here is what we need to happen. (Minimum!!!)

Jags 2-L
#5 Broncos
#6 Steelers

Broncos 2-L
#5 Jags
#6 Steelers

Jags 1-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Jags
#6 Steelers

Jags 2-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Steelers
#6 Broncos

Now remember...This is with the Jets having another loss. If they end up with 6-L it throws them in the mix. That could take the tie breaker anywhere form #4-#6 depending on how many teams are tied.

Ugly...Yes.
Possible...Yes. The door was unlocked with the Ravens loss last night.
Taking care of our own is priority and won't be easy. I think that is the hardest part because the cards will fall right for the Steelers. I feel it is totally up to them to make the post season now with the Ravens loss. The Jags very easily can drop 2 with MIA,IND,NE, & CLEV left. Den could drop 2 with IND,OAK,PHIL,& KC left.

If the Steelers suffer another loss, I'm done wishing. They couldn't win when they were supposed to so it is over.

stlrz d
12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I work with a Ravens fan. He's a typical loud mouthed, trash talking type.

Yesterday morning he sent me an IM at work. Here's how it went.

Him: No playoffs for you!!!!

Me: It ain't over till it's over.

Him: Fork

Me: _____ (no response because I'm not into trash talking).

This morning: he will have a plastic fork sitting on his keyboard when he gets in the office this morning. ;)

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

Still alive. This was actually the first thing we needed to happen. Win out and the Ravens lose again. Nothing else would have mattered if the Ravens didn't lose again because the way things are working out....Finishing 2nd in your division will be your only shot. We now control our own destiny within the divisions final standings. *By tie breaker rules-Finishing 2nd in your division can leave you eligible for #5 & #6 seed. By finishing 3rd in your division, you are only eligible for a #6 seed.

This is the easiest path for the Steelers. Now you will know who to pull for. With the Steelers winning out (Not easy)....Here is what we need to happen. Winning out means the Steelers beat the Dolphins. That should work out the east because the Dolphins own the tie breakers on the Jets & I see the Jets losing at least one more game.

Jags 2-L
#5 Broncos
#6 Steelers

Jags 1-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Jags
#6 Steelers

Jags 2-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Steelers
#6 Broncos

Now remember...This is with the Jets having another loss. If they end up with 6-L it throws them in the mix. That could take the tie breaker anywhere form #4-#6 depending on how many teams are tied.

Ugly...Yes.
Taking care of our own is priority and won't be easy. I think that is the hardest part because the cards will fall right for the Steelers. I feel it is totally up to them to make the post season now with the Ravens loss. The Jags very easily can drop 2 with MIA,IND,NE, & CLEV left. Den could drop 2 with IND,OAK,PHIL,& KC left.

If the Steelers suffer another loss, I'm done wishing. They couldn't win when they were supposed to so it is over.

Excellent analysis J-P-N. Thanks for working through that.

My take, I almost (almost) do not want this team to make it to the playoffs (just being honest). I really do not want them to get out there and further embarrass themselves. For me it is not about better draft picks, it is about pride and I do not think this team has it.

Wolfhound45
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
This morning: he will have a plastic fork sitting on his keyboard when he gets in the office this morning.

Nice.

Tell the truth, he probably is pulling for the Bengals already.

8)

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Packs win, 27-14.

Jags 2-L
#5 Broncos
#6 Steelers

Jags 1-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Jags
#6 Steelers

Jags 2-L & Broncos 2-L
#5 Steelers
#6 Broncos

Ugly...Yes.

Excellent analysis J-P-N. Thanks for working through that.

My take, I almost (almost) do not want this team to make it to the playoffs (just being honest). I really do not want them to get out there and further embarrass themselves. For me it is not about better draft picks, it is about pride and I do not think this team has it.
Pride? Desire? Heart? You nailed it Wolf !!! Although it might be too late, I think Tomlin finally sees it to. Throw some youngsters in there...What better way to light the fire by shaming a vet with a rookie or a young back-up. If that doesn't light a fire, get rid of him in the uncapped year. That goes for you Ike!!! I love you as a Steeler, but you have to earn some love back. I'm OK with a fundamental breakdown because of a scheme presented by an offense in the game...But that was just taking a play off for you...Period. And to let Gradkowski show you up on national TV...Shameful. Inside out with no S help over the top. You can't give a WR the middle of the field with no safety there. The waterboy could have completed that pass. You are a pro...Play like one...Play like a guy who doesn't have a ring & a fat contract!!!

NWNewell
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM

This morning: he will have a plastic fork sitting on his keyboard when he gets in the office this morning. ;)

Well played, sir. :Cheers

So it looks like we need either the Jags or the Broncos to lose 2 games. If they both lose one, that won't cut it. If the both lose 2, that's just gravy (bumped to 5th seed). Of course, making the HUGE assumption that we win out.

stlrz d
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Well played, sir. :Cheers

So it looks like we need either the Jags or the Broncos to lose 2 games. If they both lose one, that won't cut it. If the both lose 2, that's just gravy (bumped to 5th seed). Of course, making the HUGE assumption that we win out.

Well I did it and of course it was met with zero response...as I figured.

It was kind of cool how the plastic fork stood straight up on his keyboard though...and I made sure to let a few of the folks who sit near him know what it was for.