PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's PC

JAR
12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Hines questionable with a hammy.

Troy probably won't play.

Kirschke should be back.

Gay, out of course.

Personnel changes are coming this week. Could be interesting.

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
hines might not play????, i wonder what ben thinks of that... :stirpot
expect another nail bitter this week, all the good teams in the nfl destroy the lesser opponents but not my beloved steelers...they let them hang around

JAR
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
"Tomlin: We will take appropriate action, and that includes doing things with different combos of people. Some subtle, some not so subtle.

We can't stay the same and hope for change. I'm not a hope guy. We have to play differently and better."

phillyesq
12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
According to Bouchette, Tomlin might start both Burnett and Lewis against the Browns. Wow. I'm all for trying to light a fire under some of the starters, but I wonder whether benching Ike Taylor is the right move.

LouSteel
12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
According to Bouchette, Tomlin might start both Burnett and Lewis against the Browns. Wow. I'm all for trying to light a fire under some of the starters, but I wonder whether benching Ike Taylor is the right move.

:Clap :Clap

Ike's been burned as badly as the rest of our defenders this week, and has done absolutely nothing to help us win. He looks terrible. He's been targeted more than any other player and has given up more completions than anybody else in the NFL.

Let's see what we've got with the young guys. Can't be any worse than what we have right now.

ANPSTEEL
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM

Ike's been burned as badly as the rest of our defenders this week, and has done absolutely nothing to help us win. He looks terrible. He's been targeted more than any other player and has given up more completions than anybody else in the NFL.

Let's see what we've got with the young guys. Can't be any worse than what we have right now.

every qb and offensive coordinator in the league knows that Ike has absolutely no flipping ball awareness or hands... all you have to do is put the ball up where the receiver can catch it- and look what you get. 60% completion and/or PI.

steelblood
12-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Please don't expect much from Burnett and Lewis. If they start, we'll need to be patient.

Oviedo
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM

See my thread started last week on "Most targeted DBs." Ike is at the top of the list.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9336 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9336)

He has taken a step back this year. If losing Troy creates such a detrimental ripple effect we need to relook our scheme.

The reality is that Troy will miss games almost every year because he plays like the "Tazmanian Devil"

LouSteel
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
See my thread started last week on "Most targeted DBs." Ike is at the top of the list. He has taken a step back this year. If losing Troy creates such a detrimental ripple effect we need to relook our scheme.

The reality is that Troy will miss games almost every year because he plays like the "Tazmanian Devil"

That's where I got the stat, brother. It was a pretty telling number.

I've agreed with you on the past, and I'll agree again -- if your game plan is 100% focused around the play of one guy, you've got one crazy game plan. Time to go back to the drawing board.

SteelBucks
12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Please don't expect much from Burnett and Lewis. If they start, we'll need to be patient.

First team to score 50 wins the game.

Sugar
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM

First team to score 50 wins the game.

From the looks of this Offense, it won't be us.

NWNewell
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Troy probably won't play.

Kirschke should be back.

Gay, out of course.

Personnel changes are coming this week. Could be interesting.

You're playing for your playoff lives.... the team is dying and you sit it out.... not very tough. :stirpot

SteelBucks
12-07-2009, 04:12 PM

It's Limas Sweed time!!! :twisted:

LordVile
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM

It's Limas Sweed time!!! :twisted:

GO LIMAS!!!!

SuperSize
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Not only is he getting burned & missing assignments, his effort just SUCKS! Did anyone else notice the two times he just tried to push players out of bounds? The first time was against Gradkowski on a scramble, and Ike allowed him to make the sticks 2 yards away because he tried to push him out instead of tackle him (the play didn't count because of a hold against Harrison), and on the 75 yd TD Ike could have tackled him and probably got him down on the 2 or 3 yd line, but instead he just pushes him and the guy ends up tightrope walking into the end zone.

He has never had ball skills, but the stupidity & laziness are totally unacceptable.

Pete

NW Steeler
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM

Hell, at least Burnett was actually in position to make a play. We haven't even seen that from anyone but Troy for the most part.