PDA

View Full Version : Why is it.........

Steeler Mafia
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Why is it we can't light up the score board on these low level teams? We have the talent offensively to put up big numbers each and every game, but yet we continue to play to the level of our opponents.

Why is it that we cannot get our DBs on the same page? There have been too many mistakes that have been attributed to confusion or not knowing the Defensive playcall. There has been a lot of talk about Farrior's play, but isn't he responsible to tell the others what defense has been called from the side line? I mean doesn't he have the mic'd helmet. MAybe someone else should have that responsability.

Why is it that against a team that is dead last against defending the run, we only run the ball 20 times with our feature back? Mendy should have had 30 plus carries that game. What happend? Why does Arians give up on the run so early and often.

Why is it that Tomlin keeps telling us in the press confrence that "This is not who we are"? After four loses in a row, pretty much in the same fashion, I am stating to believe this is exactly who we are. Stop treating these guys as players who understand the situation. Treat these guys like 2 year olds that continue to get into the cleaning supplies under the sink. It is obvious that they don't understand until you make them understand. Let the big axe swing. To steal a line from Glengary Glenross. "ABC Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING! AIDA....Attention, Intrest, Decision, Action. Attention, do I have your attention, Intrest, are you intrested? I know you are because it is F--K or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision. HAVE YOU MADE YOUR DECISION FOR CHRIST! And Action." These games are out there fellows, you win, it is yours for the taking. You lose and I have no sympaty for you.

Why is it that after a loss, especially ones like these, LVG and this new character True Fan seem to act like they won the Powerball?

LouSteel
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Why is it we can't light up the score board on these low level teams? We have the talent offensively to put up big numbers each and every game, but yet we continue to play to the level of our opponents.

Perhaps it is poor coaching or poor preparation. We've heard that Ben isn't much on the film room. Perhaps we'd look a little better if he went to school more.

Why is it that we cannot get our DBs on the same page? There have been too many mistakes that have been attributed to confusion or not knowing the Defensive playcall. There has been a lot of talk about Farrior's play, but isn't he responsible to tell the others what defense has been called from the side line? I mean doesn't he have the mic'd helmet. MAybe someone else should have that responsability.

Perhaps the plays aren't coming in from the sidelines fast enough... perhaps Lebeau has lost a step.

Why is it that against a team that is dead last against defending the run, we only run the ball 20 times with our feature back? Mendy should have had 30 plus carries that game. What happend? Why does Arians give up on the run so early and often.

Arians sucks, no 'perhaps' about it :lol: He is far too busy trying to show everyone that we can be a vertical passing team. He forgets that exploiting the other team's weaknesses is the key to winning games.

Why is it that Tomlin keeps telling us in the press confrence that "This is not who we are"? After four loses in a row, pretty much in the same fashion, I am stating to believe this is exactly who we are. Stop treating these guys as players who understand the situation. Treat these guys like 2 year olds that continue to get into the cleaning supplies under the sink. It is obvious that they don't understand until you make them understand. Let the big axe swing. To steal a line from Glengary Glenross. "ABC Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING! AIDA....Attention, Intrest, Decision, Action. Attention, do I have your attention, Intrest, are you intrested? I know you are because it is F--K or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision. HAVE YOU MADE YOUR DECISION FOR CHRIST! And Action." These games are out there fellows, you win, it is yours for the taking. You lose and I have no sympaty for you.

Perhaps Tomlin is breaking some f-cking balls in private. He doesn't seem like a coach that airs problems in public...

Why is it that after a loss, especially ones like these, LVG and this new character True Fan seem to act like they won the Powerball?

It has something to do with Tomlin. I can't figure out what it is, but I definitely get the feeling that they would prefer a coach that isn't like Tomlin :lol:

This is the most frustrated this team has ever made me. We've got all the talent in the world, but we squander our opportunities to make something happen.

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
i have had it up to here (and believe me it is high) with the tomlin "this is not who we are as a football team"....stop saying that, yea it is i guess,

SteelCzar76
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
[quote=Steeler Mafia]Why is it we can't light up the score board on these low level teams? We have the talent offensively to put up big numbers each and every game, but yet we continue to play to the level of our opponents.

Answer. Because our starting QB was always inaccurate and inconsistent as a passer dating back college. Said starting QB also believes that it is unnecessary to spend much time in the film room or working to improve. Henceforth it is not possible to run an offense as a "well oiled machine" as opossed our current system of "someone get open"!, or "Run to the buick, and turn around !"

Why is it that we cannot get our DBs on the same page?

Answer. Even dating back to Coach Cowher's era,...for some reason we as an organization,...don't seem to value the CB position very much at all. It's as if they feel as though as long as we have a stud Strong Safety and can generate a great pass rush up front,...we can get by with simply "just a guy" players at the other spots in the secondary.

Answer. Mindy is the same back that Willie was in his prime. Meaning he's a "feast or Famine" back. Big plays from time to time,...but basically gives you nothing in terms of "ball control".

Why is it that Tomlin keeps telling us in the press confrence that "This is not who we are"? After four loses in a row, pretty much in the same fashion, I am stating to believe this is exactly who we are.

Answer. Because in reality he (Tomlin) has no answer or solution. He's all charisma and little else in terms of the X's and O's aspect of the game, or the ability to properly evaluate actual football talent in terms of personnel that would actually improve the Team. (as opposed to just simply filling roster spots with cats that he has some type of personal affinity for.)

Why is it that after a loss, especially ones like these, LVG and this new character True Fan seem to act like they won the Powerball?[/quote:3926vl4f]
Answer. Some members of the Nation are just for all intents and purposes "Cheerleaders". You know,..the types of people whom are publicly absolute optimists to the point of being irrational. Perhaps they feel as though it makes them "Real Fans" :?:

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
what is with all the real fan BS....i dont care if you are a true fan or not, but i will have a heck of better time talking with true fans than ones who are around when we only win...I have some of the best conversations with my friends and random people that remember seasons like 1997 and 95, and that enjoy going back in time to the early cowher era and those fun teams to watch, those people are cool, I even enjoy talking about seasons like 98,99, and 2003 with people, they remember those too, when i talk to some people about random things from then they are like who, who was eric pegram, what??? no big deal, they were just not big fans, oh well...my point is, be who you want, if your born a steeler fan and your upset and say they stink than thats fine with me, but if you became a fan last yaer and now hate them than that is my problem

Steeler Mafia
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Why is it that I am not getting a damn thing done at work today?

I hate Mondays! :evil:

Steel Life
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
[quote][quote=Steeler Mafia]Why is it we can't light up the score board on these low level teams? We have the talent offensively to put up big numbers each and every game, but yet we continue to play to the level of our opponents.

Answer. Because our starting QB was always inaccurate and inconsistent as a passer dating back college. Said starting QB also believes that it is unnecessary to spend much time in the film room or working to improve. Henceforth it is not possible to run an offense as a "well oiled machine" as opossed our current system of "someone get open"!, or "Run to the buick, and turn around !"
And yet, this inaccurate, inconsistent QB has won 2 SBs & is in the midst of his best year. If not not for meltdowns by the defense then Ben would be in the discussion for MVP.

Why is it that we cannot get our DBs on the same page?

Answer. Even dating back to Coach Cowher's era,...for some reason we as an organization,...don't seem to value the CB position very much at all. It's as if they feel as though as long as we have a stud Strong Safety and can generate a great pass rush up front,...we can get by with simply "just a guy" players at the other spots in the secondary.
I'm inclined to agree, but not every player can be a stud 1st round pick & an All-Pro. That said, other teams play their rookie DBs, why not ours?...Are they slow to pick up the defense or is our scouting dept (under Colbert, not Tomlin) just not getting the job done.

Answer. Mindy is the same back that Willie was in his prime. Meaning he's a "feast or Famine" back. Big plays from time to time,...but basically gives you nothing in terms of "ball control".
I think it has more to do with a combination of things...the line is inconsistent, Arians' play design & playcalling, & mostly the lack of a true FB.

Why is it that Tomlin keeps telling us in the press confrence that "This is not who we are"? After four loses in a row, pretty much in the same fashion, I am stating to believe this is exactly who we are.

Answer. Because in reality he (Tomlin) has no answer or solution. He's all charisma and little else in terms of the X's and O's aspect of the game, or the ability to properly evaluate actual football talent in terms of personnel that would actually improve the Team. (as opposed to just simply filling roster spots with cats that he has some type of personal affinity for.)
C'mon...you're really gonna hang the Ravens loss on Tomlin? When are you going to start holding the players accountable? But really, Tomlin is doing just fine having come off a SB win - how long did it take Cowher? Did Schottenheimer ever get one? How many other "real" coaches in your opinion have SB wins?...I'm sure we'll be shocked by how few do. As stated before, Colbert controls the draft (& FA) with some input from Tomlin, so if you have questions about personnel, then save some venom for Colbert.

Why is it that after a loss, especially ones like these, LVG and this new character True Fan seem to act like they won the Powerball?[/quote:g5cevaqh]
Answer. Some members of the Nation are just for all intents and purposes "Cheerleaders". You know,..the types of people whom are publicly absolute optimists to the point of being irrational. Perhaps they feel as though it makes them "Real Fans" :?:[/quote:g5cevaqh]
To borrow your words...LVG & True Fan are just for all intents & purposes "contrarians". You know...the type of people who take an negative opposing view to the point of being irrational. Perhaps they feel as though it makes them "real fans". Sarcasm aside, most of us here are objective, but we always come back to support the team. These two seem wish for the demise of the franchise, have tossed out racial innuendo concerning Tomlin, mock those they feel are cheerleaders & spread discontent. If our "cheerleading" bothers them so much, then they the have option to post elsewhere or start their own anti-Steelers site.