PDA

View Full Version : I can't help myself (so please forgive me)...

brothervad
12-07-2009, 02:23 AM
I did a quick glance at the current state of the Steelers playoff hopes. I know assuming they win the rest of their games should really require I take a drug test, but I will always hope for my Steelers until the bitter end.

I freely admit I don't understand tiebreakers fully...so where I am off please feel free to fill me in with more info.

so here it is...assuming we can win the rest of our games (please don't stone me)...

Denver 8-4 (conference record 6-3--we have the head to head win)
remaining games
@ Indy
Oakland
@ Philly
KC

Jax 7-5 (conference record 6-2)
remaining games
Miami
Indy
@ New England
@ Cleveland

Miami 6-6
won't go into remaining games because simply put we win all our games the last game of the year is Miami so we win the head to head matchup--thing is we need to root for Miami next week to help take a peg down on Jacksonville. (God I hate the Steelers having to rely on others).

Jets 6-6 (Conference record 5-5)
@ Tampa Bay
Atlanta
@ Indy
Cincy

(common opponents--if we beat Miami...the Jets lost twice, they beat Tennessee and Oakland--38-0 yikes)

This one scares me a little because Indy, Cincy are late in the schedule and I am not sure how the common opponents thing works. Would Cincy put there scrubinies in just to make sure the Steelers can't make it? :)

Baltimore 6-5 (Conference record 6-4)
@ GB
Detroit
Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
@ Oakland

not sure again what happens if there only loss is to us the rest of the way and if the next tie breaker goes to common opponents (right now common opponents is even, they beat KC but lost to Minny--this could come down to how they fair against NFC foes and <gulp> Oakland). what it comes down to is that we need to beat them and they have to go at best 3-2 the rest of the way.

So there it is...3 teams can still vye for 11-5 or in Denver's case 12-4. If Baltimore loses tomorrow it will be down to two teams.

Jacksonville's conference record is rock solid--In order for us to catch up with them in conference record...they would have to collapse and we would beat them on W-L record anyway.

So there it is...a tough road regardless of our ability to win out. I think Denver facing Indy @ Indy and Philly in a tight NFC East race may be the most vulnerable.

But then again going 4-0 seems unlikely anyway.

brothervad

SteelTorch
12-07-2009, 03:23 AM
While you were doing this quick glance did you happen to see the moron we have patrolling the sidelines? His name is Mike Tomlin. Don't worry about the playoffs all the graphs, analysis and charts isn't going to change the fact we have a ball-less wonder as a head coach. you want to analyze something figure out where we are drafting in 2010 and who will be our pick.

LASVEGASGUY signing out. By the way the chicken $h!t mods banned me again. WTF! They run this site like Tomlin runs the Steelers. It's a joke. Now I am just having fun with these douchebags.
I'm sorry your personal life is so bad you have to come up with alts after you've been banned. :roll:

If this place is so bad according to you, feel free to post in another message board. Nobody is forcing you to come here. :moon

UnleashingHell
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
While you were doing this quick glance did you happen to see the moron we have patrolling the sidelines? His name is Mike Tomlin. Don't worry about the playoffs all the graphs, analysis and charts isn't going to change the fact we have a ball-less wonder as a head coach. you want to analyze something figure out where we are drafting in 2010 and who will be our pick.

LASVEGASGUY signing out. By the way the chicken $h!t mods banned me again. WTF! They run this site like Tomlin runs the Steelers. It's a joke. Now I am just having fun with these douchebags.
I'm sorry your personal life is so bad you have to come up with alts after you've been banned. :roll: If this place is so bad according to you, feel free to post in another message board. Nobody is forcing you to come here. :moon

Tomlin's "Unleashing Hell" tour coming to a stadium near you :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 .

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

LVG signing out.

Jooser
12-07-2009, 06:10 PM

I'm sorry your personal life is so bad you have to come up with alts after you've been banned. :roll: If this place is so bad according to you, feel free to post in another message board. Nobody is forcing you to come here. :moon

Tomlin's "Unleashing Hell" tour coming to a stadium near you :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 .

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

LVG signing out.

Suck it.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo145/dredowns92/gosuckacock.jpg