PDA

View Full Version : Congats Tomlin, your 'stamp' on this team

True Fan
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
is complete.

JAR
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
and the racists are so happy that the season may be pointing to failure. You've been waiting for this, we know.

True Fan
12-06-2009, 07:36 PM
and the racists are so happy that the season may be pointing to failure. You've been waiting for this, we know.

you must mean that the racists will continue to blame everyone else for the state of the steelers except tomlin.......

JAR
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM

you must mean that the racists will continue to blame everyone else for the state of the steelers except tomlin.......

Tomlin has only been here three years and has a playoff appearance in his first year, a SB win in his second and a season that isn't over yet. Anyone bashing Tomlin this early in his career does so for a specific reason. You're so transparent.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Here we go again with the racist comments. Did racism play into our 4 game skid? Did racism keep us out of the playoffs. Did racism have something to do with us not winning the AFC North.

White of black this head coach stinks and so does the staff he single handedly assembled. That's not racism that's a fact.

BURGH86STEEL
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM

Here we go again with the racist comments. Did racism play into our 4 game skid? Did racism keep us out of the playoffs. Did racism have something to do with us not winning the AFC North.

White of black this head coach stinks and so does the staff he single handedly assembled. That's not racism that's a fact.

Did you feel the team stunk after the SB win? Every year is not going to be a good year.

JAR
12-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Did you feel the team stunk after the SB win? Every year is not going to be a good year.

LVG only acknowledges 5 of the 6 SB wins.

Chadman
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
There is really no need for the racism angle to be used here. No need to bring it up.

You might not agree with the topic presented, but throwing out the racism card just ignites things.

Please think before you post.

Scarletfire1970
12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Come on now. Racist? The same crap was said about Cowher when he was here. You should be able to express your opinions, right or wrong without being calle a racist.

BURGH86STEEL
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I think people bring up the racist angle becoz he has a problem with the Rooney rule. It is one thing to disagree with a hiring. It makes people speculate when a person has an issue with the hiring becoz of the rule. His continued abuse of Tomlin after a SB win makes people wonder too. It is what it is.

Tomlin was the right man for the job. A playoff appearance and SB win proves that. One season is not going to change many people's opinion of him. Tomlin could go on to help the team win 3 more SB's and this guy will continue to question Tomlin.

JAR
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Previous posts made by True Fan and LVG shows they are racist. They're just waiting for failure, there is nothing more obvious.

Chadman
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I think people bring up the racist angle becoz he has a problem with the Rooney rule. It is one thing to disagree with a hiring. It makes people speculate when a person has an issue with the hiring becoz of the rule. His continued abuse of Tomlin after a SB win makes people wonder too. It is what it is.

Tomlin was the right man for the job. A playoff appearance and SB win proves that. One season is not going to change many people's opinion of him. Tomlin could go on to help the team win 3 more SB's and this guy will continue to question Tomlin.

Understood, but it is still no reason to use the racism card- ever. As a mod, I try to be as fair as I can & let people say what they feel as much as possible. Any critism I use here is merely to be used as advice so that no poster will suffer a ban or warning in the future. Keep it civil, keep it friendly, even when you don't agree. It's not hard.

BURGH86STEEL
12-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Understood, but it is still no reason to use the racism card- ever. As a mod, I try to be as fair as I can & let people say what they feel as much as possible. Any critism I use here is merely to be used as advice so that no poster will suffer a ban or warning in the future. Keep it civil, keep it friendly, even when you don't agree. It's not hard.

I understand your point. I usually try to ask the tough questions like, did you have a problem with Tomlin after he helped the team win the SB? It is better to ignore the nonsense all together.

Scarletfire1970
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

I understand your point. I usually try to ask the tough questions like, did you have a problem with Tomlin after he helped the team win the SB? It is better to ignore the nonsense all together.
How exactly did he help the team win a SB?

Is it possible he inherited a good team like Switzer?

What exactly has he done to make you think wow, this guy is a good coach.

His game day decisions are questionable at best.

The only positive difference I had seen before is the team tended to play much more loose than they did with Cowher. Particularly in big games.

Steeler Mafia
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't understand the hatred directed at Tomlin, regardless of the 4 game skid. So you don't like the hire. Great, give the guy a chance and move on. Quit beating a dead horse. Tomlin is the coach and he haas already done more in two years than most other coaches do their entire career.

True Fan and LVG, you both must be really celebrating today, which really baffles me being that you call yourselves Steeler fans. Why don't you do us all a favor and go cheer for the Cowboys or something and STFU. Neither of you have anything to contribute to the overall well being of this board. It seems the only time you are happiest is when the Steelers lose. If it were up to me, both of you would be banned from posting here again. I understand a vent now and again, but what you two provide on any given day makes a root canal pleasent. Go back to your holes. No one wants to read your tripe any more.

:loser

True Fan
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
this meltdown has the chance to overtake the cowher meltdown after his s.b. win. mostly because of the way tomlin ran his mouth this year. nice work