PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau and the HOF

Starlifter
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
honest question. has blowing 4th quarter leads week in and week out seriously hurt his chances?

the defense is so bad this year it's actually reaching back in time and making last years #1 look suspect.

SteelBucks
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
honest question. has blowing 4th quarter leads week in and week out seriously hurt his chances?

the defense is so bad this year it's actually reaching back in time and making last years #1 look suspect.

No. He's going in as a player, not as a coach.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
If he want to make the HOF, he'd better quit while he still has a chance.
Anymore of the slop he's been putting forth, and he'll be completely out of contention.

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
If he want to make the HOF, he'd better quit while he still has a chance.
Anymore of the slop he's been putting forth, and he'll be completely out of contention.

He retired from playing in the early 70s.

Steel Life
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Good thing his candidacy isn't up to knee-jerk reactionaries - LeBeau's resume speaks for itself as a player & a coach. If a pathetic bunch of "what have you done for me lately's" want to try to question or demean his accomplishments now, then be my guest but try not to jump on the bandwagon when he does get in.

Starlifter
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
lebeau has had a major impact on the game both as player and coach. his accomplishments more than warrant HOF induction. If you think though that fans are the only ones who are reactionary you give far too much credit to the media.

Woody paige gets to vote for the HOF.
so does ed bouchette

my question is not about my doubts about LeBeau having HOF credentials - he does. it's about the chance the media will look at the whole package and not just this year.