PDA

View Full Version : kinda glad we lost....

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
How many points does our O need to score to beat the Raiders?
Our CB's talk a lot of trash and have ZERO INT's...
Our D lays down everytime our offense scores a TD.. it's over for us this year..
I just hope we find a good DB in the draft.

Why do I feel nervous AFTER we score a TD? It's not the coaches it's the players..
Tomlin tried to treat these kids like adults and lets be honest.. football players are big kids who lack the fire to get after it after a SB victory.

We need some young hungry kids.. even Heath Miller is playing like a guy who just got paid..

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
How many points does our O need to score to beat the Raiders?
Our CB's talk a lot of trash and have ZERO INT's...Our D lays down everytime our offense scores a TD.. it's over for us this year..
I just hope we find a good DB in the draft.

Why do I feel nervous AFTER we score a TD? It's not the coaches it's the players..
Tomlin tried to treat these kids like adults and lets be honest.. football players are big kids who lack the fire to get after it after a SB victory.

We need some young hungry kids.. even Heath Miller is playing like a guy who just got paid..

In the 6 losses --- ZERO Intercepts while giving up 9 passing TD's.

winwithd
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
were all 9 of the TDs in the fourth quarter? After every TD we scored I would think, 'I hope they don't return the kickoff for a score' then I would remember that Gary Russell was back there. At least we didn't give up a TD on ST in the last two games.

Someone on here had said we could still lose one as long as it is not against the Ravens. Now there is NO room to spare.

Wolfhound45
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
were all 9 of the TDs in the fourth quarter? After every TD we scored I would think, 'I hope they don't return the kickoff for a score' then I would remember that Gary Russell was back there. At least we didn't give up a TD on ST in the last two games.

Someone on here had said we could still lose one as long as it is not against the Ravens. Now there is NO room to spare.

We had no room to spare after our loss to the Bengals. The problem is, we would not admit it. This is just an average team. We will have to re-load in the offseason.

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM

6 of the 9 were 4th Qtr passing TD's against us. There was one additional running TD against us in a 4th qtr.

It is part of the picture, certainly not the whole picture. ST's have been a big problem of course, and the radio said we were 2 for 7 in the Red Zone today (I imagine that means 2 TD's in 7 red zone possessions).

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
im just really dissapointed in the defense, i was not on this board last year, but last year i got on a few of our dbacks too, thinking some of them are so bad that will hurt us sooner or later, i always though ike and troy were outstanding, but i cant believe how far ike has fallen, clark like i always have said goes for the hit first and the ball second, and all the other backups that are playing are just that back ups, farrior looks old (cant really blame him, he has a hell of a career) and our dline is old too....rebuild it...

NWNewell
12-07-2009, 08:26 AM

We had no room to spare after our loss to the Bengals. The problem is, we would not admit it. This is just an average team. We will have to re-load in the offseason.

Problem is.... The Steelers have demonstrated that they do not have the ability to win out. I think the Jags could still drop 2 games with their schedule, Jets will probably drop one more. If we beat Baltimore and Miami, that will give us a leg up on them. But we need GB to take down the Ravens and provide some opportunity (even if we win out, it will come down to the wire against the Ravens, same record, same division record, 1-1 heads up). If we win out, we have a chance. But I no long have faith in the steelers ability to put 4 wins together against 3 decent teams. And even if they do, this team is not a playoff caliber team this year and I don't see them making much of a showing in the playoffs.

frankthetank1
12-07-2009, 08:30 AM
i have never seen a defense as bad late in games than this year's steelers. they havent gotten half the turnovers they did last season. how many times did willie gay slip and fall yesterday? the rest of the season they should play burnett. gay is probably ok for dime and nickel coverage but thats it. ike is having a bad season and ryan clark isnt half as good without troy playing. time to rebuild the defense