PDA

View Full Version : please explain to me...

saxtonsteeler
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
...why everybody gets so excited about the "lesser" teams beating the steelers. folks, the steelers ARE a lesser team. not even mediocre. pathetic. nuf said.

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........than
lose to the chiefs and raiders and look terrible against the lions and browns...

i dont know what it is, but i think everyone should be accountable..

msp26505
12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
i dont know what it is, but i think everyone should be accountable..

I'm accountable.

But I'm not stepping down from my position as fan/message board guru.

They'll just have to fire me. Thak God my contract is guaranteed. :Boobs

frankthetank1
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
...why everybody gets so excited about the "lesser" teams beating the steelers. folks, the steelers ARE a lesser team. not even mediocre. pathetic. nuf said.

because they shoudnt be a lesser team. they have to much talent to play this poorly. teams like the chiefs and raiders dont have half the talent on their roster's

LouSteel
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

because they shoudnt be a lesser team. they have to much talent to play this poorly. teams like the chiefs and raiders dont have half the talent on their roster's

$$$

That's why I'm so furious at this team.

If we had the Browns roster (thank god we don't!), we'd lose and it would be understandable. Some teams just don't have all the pieces.

We do, but we still find ways to lose! It is positively infuriating!

frankthetank1
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM

$$$

That's why I'm so furious at this team.

If we had the Browns roster (thank god we don't!), we'd lose and it would be understandable. Some teams just don't have all the pieces.

We do, but we still find ways to lose! It is positively infuriating!

i dont expect a super bowl every season but i expect the steelers to play up to expectations. its one thing losing close games to good teams. losing to the worst teams in the nfl in close games is pathetic.

SteelCzar76
12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........

It's simple,.. the Chargers were dealing injuries that had them playing horribly up front at the time, and we had a good day running the ball. If i'm not mistaken they still were able to put up points on us though.

In terms of the Vikings,...we did not deserve to win that Game. Our offense was as pedestrian as it most often is and the Vikings would have put the game away had the Refs not "jobbed" them.

As far as the Bronco's,..they just seemed as if they were in awe. Poor tackling, fatigue and most importantly,...Kyle Orton will always be Kyle Orton if any unit plays any form of quality defense.

Bottom line we are not a "Great" and or "Dominant" team. In fact, as i have already stated in the past,....welcome to the dawn of our 8O's mediocrity at the hands of Mike Tomlin and his "Gritz" players. (Similar to the way Gruden destroyed the Buc's that Dungy and his staff brought to prominence.)

frankthetank1
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........

It's simple,.. the Chargers were dealing injuries that had them playing horribly up front at the time we had a good day running the ball. If i'm not mistaken they still were able to put up points on us though.

In terms of the Vikings,...we did not deserve to win that Game. Our offense was as pedestrian as it most often is and the Vikings would have put the game away had the Refs not "jobbed" them.

As far as the Bronco's,..they just seemed as if they were in awe. Poor tackling, fatigue and most importantly,...Kyle Orton will always be Kyle Orton if any unit plays any form of quality defense.

Bottom line we are not a "Great" and or "Dominant" team. In fact, as i have already stated in the past,....welcome to the dawn of our 8O's mediocrity at the hands of Mike Tomlin and his "Gritz" players. (Similar to the way Gruden destroyed the Buc's that Dungy and his staff brought to prominence.)

gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity? little soon for that kind of talk, it's one bad season. as i recall the steelers also stunk in 2006

SteelCzar76
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity?[/quote]

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity?

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.[/quote]

For what it's worth, the Bucs played the Raiders in that Super Bowl, which was a team put together by Gruden.

SteelCzar76
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.

For what it's worth, the Bucs played the Raiders in that Super Bowl, which was a team put together by Gruden.[/quote]

Your right Ruthless,...it appears i had forgotton exactly how "hands off" Emperor Al Davis is in the process of talent evaluation and the selection of Raider personnel.!? :lol:

frankthetank1
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.[/quote]

so what? dungy couldnt win a super bowl with the same team. who cares who built the team, the bottom line is gruden did what dungy couldnt do. yea i know the steelers were average in the 80's. my point was that was 10 years this is one season. big difference

SteelCzar76
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM

so what? dungy couldnt win a super bowl with the same team. who cares who built the team, the bottom line is gruden did what dungy couldnt do. yea i know the steelers were average in the 80's. my point was that was 10 years this is one season. big difference[/quote]

Yeah, Yeah,....one season. But if you are not improving in the NFL,...your are in fact regressing. And forgive me if i do not feel as though i have seen anything from Mike Tomlin (with the exception of some great "rah,rah" pep speech) to lead me to believe he can and will stock an entire roster with players whom are actually capable of being anything more than average at their very best.

Again,.....welcome to the Dawn of our former 80's mediocrity reborn,.....early 21st
century style.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

so what? dungy couldnt win a super bowl with the same team. who cares who built the team, the bottom line is gruden did what dungy couldnt do. yea i know the steelers were average in the 80's. my point was that was 10 years this is one season. big difference[/quote:20jwn0il]

Yeah, Yeah,....one season. But if you are not improving in the NFL,...your are in fact regressing. And forgive me if i do not feel as though i have seen anything from Mike Tomlin (with the exception of some great "rah,rah" pep speech) to lead me to believe he can and will stock an entire roster with players whom are actually capable of being anything more than average at their very best.

Again,.....welcome to the Dawn of our former 80's mediocrity reborn,.....early 21st
century style.

Wasn't Kevin Colbert the Director of Player Personnel for both Cowher as well as Tomlin??? Donahoe built Cowher's early teams, but Colbert built Cowher's late teams, so the players that Tomlin has "inherited" from Cowher are all guys who were brought to Pittsburgh by Colbert (except for Hines Ward, Deshea Townsend, and Aaron Smith...the only guys left that arrived before Colbert, I believe). On the basis of the personnel assembled for these two Super Bowl victories, I'd say that Colbert is an expert grit picker, not an ordinary grit picker.

frankthetank1
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM

so what? dungy couldnt win a super bowl with the same team. who cares who built the team, the bottom line is gruden did what dungy couldnt do. yea i know the steelers were average in the 80's. my point was that was 10 years this is one season. big difference[/quote:9ocpnu0i]

century style.

you could of thought the same thing after the 2007 season and look what happened last year. who is to say the steelers cant be in the hunt for the 7th lombardi next season.

feltdizz
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
It's Troy... I know we hate to admit it but the guy is our team. He stops the run, the pass and is everywhere...

Teams spend a lot more time on film when Troy is in the line up because he is the wild card...
he lines up all over the place and then runs back to his assignment. We don't have another guy like that which makes game planning much easier...