PDA

View Full Version : 21 points in about 8 minutes

brothervad
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Somebody on that team needs to be held accountable for this...

How can you hold a team to 0 TD's for 3 1/2 quarters and then become a seive?

21 points in 8 minutes...hey I know our secondary sucks, but it was the same secondary that played for the first 52 minutes without a TD.

What happened I really want to know.

The Steelers have so many holes to fill at this point...I sense the bottom has fallen out on this team.

brothervad

grotonsteel
12-06-2009, 05:28 PM

21 points in 8 minutes...hey I know our secondary sucks, but it was the same secondary that played for the first 52 minutes without a TD.

The Steelers have so many holes to fill at this point...I sense the bottom has fallen out on this team.

brothervad

It is the theme for the entire season.

Steelers D sucks donkeys a$$ in 4th Q

brothervad
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM

brothervad

It is the theme for the entire season.

Steelers D sucks donkeys a$$ in 4th Q

Groton,

I understand that but I want to know schematically if they change up. I can't imagine it's a collective well we can ease up on the throttle mentality,

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Points by quarter this year:

1st Qtr: 32
2nd Qtr: 48
3rd Qtr: 46
4th Qtr: 99
OT: 6

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Those are points against us per quarter

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
67 points against in the 4th Qtr and OT's of the 6 losses.

brothervad
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Dukie,

Thanks for those shocking numbers ( I knew in general the 4th Q collapse but not exact numbers)

Here is what I am asking though...does Lebeau change schemes that exposes our weak secondary in the 4th Quarter or is it more that teams change how they conduct their offense and exposes our weak secondary.

The problem is that I don't think people realize how bad this is...that secondary needs retooled except for one spot.

The D-Line is aging...hopefully Hood can replace a spot (whether it is Hampton or an End) but the wheels will come off soon on Keisel and/or Smith.

Farrior's spot will need to be replaced soon as well...so to be honest you are talking 6 positions need to be filled on the D-side in the next 1 or 2 seasons.

I think you may see some radical changes in the make up of this team soon.

brothervad

skyhawk
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
The D is out of shape.

The other team steps up and makes plays.

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
And yet, our 6 losses are by a total of 21 points (5 losses by 3 points each, one loss by 6.

Makes little difference - they are losses still.