View Full Version : L O S E R S

Shoe
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Joe Burnett.
Ike Taylor.
Ryan Clark.
Mundy.
GAY--or I should say FA@@OT

They have hands like RETARDED CHILDREN. CAN'T F-N CATCH A COLD. F-K ALL YOU LOSERS. DON'T DESERVE A PAYCHECK. NO CLASS. NO HEART. NO BALLS. F U ALL.

Jooser
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, I think it's now official, we need to start over with this secondary as Troy is our only play maker back there.

SteelBucks
12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, I think it's now official, we need to start over with this secondary as Troy is our only play maker back there.

The secondary is unbelievably bad. Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse, they continue to show me it's possible.

Tomlin's decision for a 53 yard FG still ticks me off.

birtikidis
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Joe Haden.
man he'd look good in black and gold.
of course we may be able to draft cody with how bad we look.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM

The secondary is unbelievably bad. Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse, they continue to show me it's possible.

He won a Super Bowl so he isn't the problem. Blame someone else but don't ever, ever question Tomlin. Do I have to say it again he won a Super Bowl.

Wolfhound45
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Inability to capitalize on a eighty yard KO return (a FG does not cut it). An interception in the red zone. A dropped interception. Plenty of blame to go around. The team is just not that good. Time to start planning for 2010.

Shoe
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
How should Joe Burnett feel? I'm not excusing any of the terrible games by the rest of the team, but--you got a chance to put a wrap on the game, the ball is perfectly thrown to you, you don't even have to break stride, adjust your hands, with no one near you...

...if I may offer my suggestion:

He should feel like $HIT. Like a steaming pile of $HIT. Everyone else played terribly, granted. But you get a gift like that, and like a f-n loser (who just by that play alone, probably has no business wearing an NFL uniform)... you drop it--YOU SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE.

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I find it hilarious that after 4 blown games by the D it's is now obvious how bad the DB's are.

As soon as Troy went down in week one the Titans ran the same play 3 times and went 80 yards for a TD...

Our DB's are a bunch of talkers who can't catch anything.. how many times have we seen Ike and Carter yapping after giving up a 30 yard pass? and I'll give Carter a little pass cause he actually caught 2 INT's

skyhawk
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
How should Joe Burnett feel? I'm not excusing any of the terrible games by the rest of the team, but--you got a chance to put a wrap on the game, the ball is perfectly thrown to you, you don't even have to break stride, adjust your hands, with no one near you...

...if I may offer my suggestion:

He should feel like $HIT. Like a steaming pile of $HIT. Everyone else played terribly, granted. But you get a gift like that, and like a f-n loser (who just by that play alone, probably has no business wearing an NFL uniform)... you drop it--YOU SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE.

Steelers only give gifts. Not receive them.

SteelBucks
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I find it hilarious that after 4 blown games by the D it's is now obvious how bad the DB's are.

As soon as Troy went down in week one the Titans ran the same play 3 times and went 80 yards for a TD...

Our DB's are a bunch of talkers who can't catch anything.. how many times have we seen Ike and Carter yapping after giving up a 30 yard pass? and I'll give Carter a little pass cause he actually caught 2 INT's

I'm shocked teams even try to run. I'd have five wides and my QB in the gun. Passing records would be broken.

birtikidis
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I think carter is the biggest weakness on the team. he is always out of position. always trailing the reciever. doesn't know his assignments. he's terrible.

birtikidis
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
gay is nearly as bad. at least when he's not on his back he can make a tackle.

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I think carter is the biggest weakness on the team. he is always out of position. always trailing the reciever. doesn't know his assignments. he's terrible.

Carter has never been fast and has always played this way... fortunately we had him on the bench... but Troy being out because of the Madden Curse killed our season..

He actually does the job of 3 DB's...

I now realize why Cowher benched IKE... IKE is the biggest a$$hole I have ever seen... always talking.. never catching anything...

Chadman
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
There's enough "I told you so's" going round to keep the board happy for the next 6 months, so Chadman won't bring up his continued insistance that the Steelers need to draft a big play CB & FS- 4 years running.

Oh, wait....looks like Chadman just did mention it...oops...

The reason you can't get by with 'good coverage CB's' anymore is this- in todays NFL, teams are going to be able to pass on you, regardless of how good your CB's are. So the only way for the defense to fight back is with take-aways. Look at the Saints- for how ever many years, people have been saying that their D is holding them back.You add Michael Jenkins & Darren Sharper to that team- and suddenly they are undefeated.

Ryan Clark, Willie Gay & Ike Taylor are all probably fine- if you have 2-3 playmakers around them. The Steelers have 1- Troy Polamalu.

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
The pass defense misses Aaron Smith. The crew we have taking his spot is good in the run game but they are not occupying as many blockers or even getting a pass rush. Don't forget, Aaron contributed 5.5 sacks last year and had 2 already this year in only 5 games.

By the way thread starter, enough with the alternative for Gay's name. That kind of childishness is not necessary.

LouSteel
12-06-2009, 10:29 PM
By the way thread starter, enough with the alternative for Gay's name. That kind of childishness is not necessary.

Gotta bump this for the truth.

But I agree with the sentiment. Our DBs are terrible. Gay sucks but I honestly believe good defensive coaching and more playing time will improve his game. Clark looks average, but I wonder how much of his time is spent trying to cover for Carter (who is constantly out of position)...

The worst offender in my book: Ike Taylor. :wft He's going downhill faster than I ever thought possible...

Scarletfire1970
12-06-2009, 10:31 PM

You are the first person besides myself that seem to be complaining about that.

LordVile
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM

You are the first person besides myself that seem to be complaining about that.

No shizzy, we can't get thru in the redzone and we go for FG in the hardest of all places to go for one, HEINZ FIELD, bad call. William Gay sucks the big one. slippin and slidin all over the place.. too many bums on the field. props to mendenhall for the effort he put in...

pfelix73
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Chadman has been saying it for 4 years now? Not to pick on you, but I thought 2 years ago you wanted a LB. And we got Timmons, but I know you liked that guy that plays for SF too. I remember you talking Safety for next year.

Anyway, I too have been saying for 3 years now that the secondary is mediocre. We need a shut down CB along side Troy. (when he's healthy) I wanted Revis 2 years ago, and I think the Steelers did too, until Tomlin opened up his trap and gave the plan away to the Jets who jumped ahead of us to get him.

Our #1 priority going in to next year will be CB. However, I am still holding out hope that we can have this conversation in January and not now. There are still 4 games to be played and anything can happen. There are a lot of teams bunched in near us at 6-6.

:tt1

Chadman
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Chadman has been saying it for 4 years now? Not to pick on you, but I thought 2 years ago you wanted a LB. And we got Timmons, but I know you liked that guy that plays for SF too. I remember you talking Safety for next year.

Anyway, I too have been saying for 3 years now that the secondary is mediocre. We need a shut down CB along side Troy. (when he's healthy) I wanted Revis 2 years ago, and I think the Steelers did too, until Tomlin opened up his trap and gave the plan away to the Jets who jumped ahead of us to get him.

Our #1 priority going in to next year will be CB. However, I am still holding out hope that we can have this conversation in January and not now. There are still 4 games to be played and anything can happen. There are a lot of teams bunched in near us at 6-6.

Doesn't always have to be 1st rounders..;)

LouSteel
12-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Our #1 priority going in to next year will be CB.

Hampton is likely walking after this season. That means we need a NT. You cannot run a 3-4 successfully without a stud at NT.

We're going to have to resign or tag Casey, or make a run at Williams or Cody... any other draft gurus care to chime in on other NT prospects?

AngryAsian
12-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Ndamukong Suh, anyone?

papillon
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM

I don't see a cornerback being drafted in the first round. Regardless, of the poor play in this particular game, Ike has been as solid a cornerback as there is in the game. Not flashy, not great, not getting picks, but typically, the number one receiver on the other team doesn't have a great day against Ike.

They drafted Lewis and Burnett for a reason and I'm guessing it's not to draft another cornerback this year.

I'm not sure where they'll go in the first round, but, I doubt that cornerback is it, unless, they draft so high that one of the blue chip corners falls into their lap as the best player available.

If I had to guess I'd bet interior defensive line or free safety. The Steelers are woefully inadequate at safety, both SS and FS after Troy, of course.

Pappy

LouSteel
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Ndamukong Suh, anyone?

I think Suh projects better as a 3-4 DE than a nose tackle.

SteelBucks
12-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Ndamukong Suh, anyone?

He'll be gone in the first five picks. I'd love to have him.....the guy can simply dominate games.