PDA

View Full Version : Bad sign: I have only yelled once today

brothervad
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I think acceptance is starting to sink in to me. I usually yell, scream and cuss so much that the dog hides up in the bedroom (she doesn't take kindly to yelling I guess).

I only yelled thus far at Heath's drop today.

Even Ben's pick I just sort of shrugged (my wife wondered if I might be coming down with something).

I hope this is just a boring game and not my acceptance that this team is only average at best.

brothervad

Shoe
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
In my head, I still know we are very live (in terms of getting to the playoffs)...

...but like you, I like to play the "the season is over... we blow" card. It's easier to stomach.

brothervad
12-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Lol, Just now Ben get's sacked at end of 3rd quarter. Normally, I would be screaming...Ben get your F'in head in the game!

Scary thing is when I saw it happen, I again just sort of expected it.

I am not trying to be doom and gloom here, but playing a death struggle with Oakland at this point is no different than the Chiefs. We are letting them stay in the game and some time soon the D is going to have it's patented bad drive.

This is just like Groundhog's day.

brothervad

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-06-2009, 04:40 PM
We just scored that touchdown in the 4th (long pass to Holmes, then run by Mendenhall). Trouble is, it was too early. There's still time for the D to give up a huge drive for the score/lead/gain.

SteelBucks
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
We just scored that touchdown in the 4th (long pass to Holmes, then run by Mendenhall). Trouble is, it was too early. There's still time for the D to give up a huge drive for the score/lead/gain.

Nostradamaus.

After the Ward TD, I knew we left too much time on the clock.

The D is pathetic. No heart.

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
It's bad when TD's are not able to be fully celebrated because we havke to kick off and watch this D fold like lawn chairs again..

I used to get happy when we scored but now I just go "yay" then start wringing my hands waiting for the KR to not go for 6...

our D blows huge chunks of fresh soft doo doo... all year we have watched them give up TD's right after we get one.. it's like they are PO's at the offense for last year.