PDA

View Full Version : "Unleashing Hell" Dec 13th thru Dec 31st

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This will be Tomlin's new slogan starting around 4:10 Eastern Time.

This is sad. Once again we don't have enough offensive punch to put a bad team away. We will once again wait until the 4th quarter then everyone on here will blame the defense for not making a crucial stop to end the game.

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
We should be up by 10 points.. but it's not BA.. it's Ben and the players who are not unleashing the hell...

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
We should be up by 10 points.. but it's not BA.. it's Ben and the players who are not unleashing the hell...

As the coach do you sit these players who aren't "unleashing hell" since this was your battle cry going into this game?

Eventually, you have to pull Tomlin off the nipple and hold him accountable for something.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey Tomlin supporters.............................Hello...... .....................Is anyone out there............................Hello............ ...............Echo.......................Echo.... ..................Echo............................ .Echo

RussBII
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking they got the quote wrong..

It's more like "Unleashing Hell...o Kitty Stickers for our suddenly less than nasty defense...."

Jooser
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Most Tomlin supporters don't bother opening your threads.... :roll:

eniparadoxgma
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Better change your undies. I'm sure you've already crusted the ones you were wearing up multiple times today.

"OH SWEET NOW I GET TO GLOAT"

This really is your Superbowl. Congrats. :Clap

steelsnis
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Care to explain how Tomlin gave up 3 TD drives to end the game?

Shoe
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
We have all been mislead: Hell is not such a bad place, apparently.

Mel Blount's G
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn. If only we had hired Russ Grimm. Or Whiz. Then we'd be kicken as@ and taking names

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Damn. If only we had hired Russ Grimm. Or Whiz. Then we'd be kicken as@ and taking names

It's hard to argue there. Whiz will once again make the playoffs. Tomlin will be home on his comfy sofa watching the guy he beat out for the job.

Shoe
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM

It's hard to argue there. Whiz will once again make the playoffs. Tomlin will be home on his comfy sofa watching the guy he beat out for the job.

But if Whiz has won, who knows how big of a hangover their team might have. I'm not backing or bashing Tomlin long-term here, but different circumstances.

I will say that he, like most SB coaches, was not able to avoid getting a SB hangover. And personally, I've grown to tune out his rhetoric, as I feel like it is just that (i.e. meaningless words). Too often I feel there is no repurcussion (for bad play), etc. Maybe the players feel the same way.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Better change your undies. I'm sure you've already crusted the ones you were wearing up multiple times today.

It's not gloating. Some of us die hard Steeler fans see things a little sooner then you so called die hard Steeler fans. Don't e so hard on yoruself. I never expected much out of Tomlin, even though he won a Super Bowl with Cowhers team and his defensive coordinator, so losses to inferior teams don't surprise me anymore with this piece of $h!t coach.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Most Tomlin supporters don't bother opening your threads.... :roll:

Maybe you should then you may learn something about Tomlin/Switzer

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Care to explain how Tomlin gave up 3 TD drives to end the game?

Oh Brother! Does it ever end with you guys?

costanza2k1
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Congrats on your win Bro! Hopefully our D can deliver for you again next week! :D

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM

Congrats on your win Bro! Hopefully our D can deliver for you again next week! :D

Wasn't Tomlin hired over Whiz because of his defensive minded background? That's what I thought. He's had 12 weeks to fix it and he can't do that either.

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 07:16 PM
You need to get laid. Don't they hand out those little cards on the strip with hookers on them?

Get down there quick!

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
But to address your question, Whiz left to take the Cards job before Tomlin was hired.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
But to address your question, Whiz left to take the Cards job before Tomlin was hired.

Maybe he left out of angst while the Rooney's dragged their feet looking for that "perfect" Rooney Rule hire. I think he was a smart guy and saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't getting this job because he was white so he took the only job that was guaranteed.

Steel Life
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Doesn't matter does it? Super Bowls...Tomlin = 1, Whiz & Grimm = 0

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Maybe he left out of angst while the Rooney's dragged their feet looking for that "perfect" Rooney Rule hire. I think he was a smar guy and saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't getting this job because he was white so he took the only job that was guaranteed.

So now that it's been pointed out to you that Tomlin wasn't the first minority interviewed he is suddenly the "perfect Rooney rule" hire?

You're pathetic. And miserable. And insufferable.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
You need to get laid. Don't they hand out those little cards on the strip with hookers on them?

Get down there quick!

Sounds like you have been to Vegas. Good for you, man. They also have brothels in Reno and Pahrump if you are ever in town again.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Good one but in Whiz and Grimms defense they weren't handed a Super Bowl winning team. Trust me when it's all said and done Whiz will be a head coach in the NFL while Tomlin is coaching in the college ranks. Maybe William and Mary?

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Maybe he left out of angst while the Rooney's dragged their feet looking for that "perfect" Rooney Rule hire. I think he was a smar guy and saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't getting this job because he was white so he took the only job that was guaranteed.

So now that it's been pointed out to you that Tomlin wasn't the first minority interviewed he is suddenly the "perfect Rooney rule" hire?

If the Rooney's had to interview 100 minorities they were going to find the perfect one. This way the Rooney's can beat their chest and say to the rest of the league "hey look at us, not only did we create the rule we hired a minority to make us look even better."

feltdizz
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
LVG is having multiple orgasims up in here.. skipping around like snoopy...

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM

If the Rooney's had to interview 100 minorities they were going to find the perfect one. This way the Rooney's can beat their chest and say to the rest of the league "hey look at us, not only did we create the rule we hired a minority to make us look even better."

Just when it doesn't seem you can get any dumber..............

Steel Life
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Good one but in Whiz and Grimms defense they weren't handed a Super Bowl winning team. Trust me when it's all said and done Whiz will be a head coach in the NFL while Tomlin is coaching in the college ranks. Maybe William and Mary?
Tomlin wasn't either...he was handed a team that performed worse than this one. While I believe that Whiz is a decent coach, I don't believe he's done anything special with all the talent he has at his disposal. And how can you be so certain of Whiz's coaching future, much less his superiority over Tomlin?...Especially when Tomlin works for the Steelers & Whiz works for the Bidwells'? Tomlin will be here coaching for the playoffs after Whiz has moved on to become an OC somewhere else.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Just when it doesn't seem you can get any dumber..............

:Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer 18 posts.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
LVG is having multiple orgasims up in here.. skipping around like snoopy...

Maybe if I was still in my 20's. Don't hate on my because Tomlin isn't the godsend you all thought he was. Like I said, it was only a matter of time before his true colors came out. No pun intended.

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
guys, don't feed the troll. He doesn't post when the Steelers win, and I would only guess that the "die-hard" fan does this crap when they lose because it makes him feel better. He's one of those guys, along with true fan, who has to blame someone, anyone, everyone to passify himself after a loss because, well, he can't just feel bad like th erest of us. I don't doubt he is a Steelers fan, but he reminds me of a guy at the bar who whoops and hollars when the Steelers score touting "we" are Number one, only to trash them loudly when they give up a score touting, "those guys" suck. Lather, Rinse, repeat. Count him as a guy I would never want to watch a game with or be a friend to, because he'll turn on you faster than you can say "six super bowls." No body else would come on to a message board with fanbase he professes to be a part of and spew the crap he does. It is not worth your time. Now, LVG, who used to be a respected poster, feel free to get the last word on this, because I really don't care what you have to say, or what you think.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
[quote="Steel Life":3rg270iu]Doesn't matter does it? Super Bowls...Tomlin = 1, Whiz & Grimm = 0

Tomlin wasn't either...he was handed a team that performed worse than this one. While I believe that Whiz is a decent coach, I don't believe he's done anything special with all the talent he has at his disposal. And how can you be so certain of Whiz's coaching future, much less his superiority over Tomlin?...Especially when Tomlin works for the Steelers & Whiz works for the Bidwells'? Tomlin will be here coaching for the playoffs after Whiz has moved on to become an OC somewhere else.[/quote:3rg270iu]

Right now there is a pretty good chance Whiz follows up the Super Bowl with winning the NFC West. What did Tomlin do after the Steelers won the Super Bowl? He punched his ticket for a seat in front of the television for the playoffs.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
guys, don't feed the troll. He doesn't post when the Steelers win, and I would only guess that the "die-hard" fan does this crap when they lose because it makes him feel better. He's one of those guys, along with true fan, who has to blame someone, anyone, everyone to passify himself after a loss because, well, he can't just feel bad like th erest of us. I don't doubt he is a Steelers fan, but he reminds me of a guy at the bar who whoops and hollars when the Steelers score touting "we" are Number one, only to trash them loudly when they give up a score touting, "those guys" suck. Lather, Rinse, repeat. Count him as a guy I would never want to watch a game with or be a friend to, because he'll turn on you faster than you can say "six super bowls." No body else would come on to a message board with fanbase he professes to be a part of and spew the crap he does. It is not worth your time. Now, LVG, who used to be a respected poster, feel free to get the last word on this, because I really don't care what you have to say, or what you think.

That's what is so funny about this site. Very one sided and anyone that has an opposing opinion over the majority is a troll or a racist. Never in a million years did I even think we were capable of losing to the Raiders during our "unleashing hell" tour but Tomlin just never ceases to surprise me.

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 08:57 PM

He's one of those types who shoots his mouth off to everyone about how great the Steelers are and then when they lose he takes abuse from everyone he shot his mouth off to. So knowing that he is going to take hell from everyone in person he gets on a message board and gives hell to everyone on the board.

Grown men should not live vicariously through their sports teams.

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM

He's one of those types who shoots his mouth off to everyone about how great the Steelers are and then when they lose he takes abuse from everyone he shot his mouth off to. So knowing that he is going to take hell from everyone in person he gets on a message board and gives hell to everyone on the board.

See, that's not it. You have the first part right, but it's the secodn part, he tries dishing out the abuse when they lose. They, "I told you' or the "I knew it' approach. That's why people don't like or respect him. It has nothign to do with the rest of us being "One-sided" he tries to sell you on. I am just as ticked off, but I am start enough not to blame one person, or say a coach sucks after three years in athe league, one super bowl title and up till not, two playoff appearances. .

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM

See, that's not it. You have the first part right, but it's the secodn part, he tries dishing out the abuse when they lose. They, "I told you' or the "I knew it' approach. That's why people don't like or respect him. It has nothign to do with the rest of us being "One-sided" he tries to sell you on. I am just as ticked off, but I am start enough not to blame one person, or say a coach sucks after three years in athe league, one super bowl title and up till not, two playoff appearances. .

He does that on a message board, but in real life he takes hell so he has to give hell here to make up for it.

True Fan
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
i wish someone would have the balls to ask tomlin in an interview about his 'hell unleashing'. i wonder what jibberish he would spew next. all talk, no walk

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
i wish someone would have the balls to ask tomlin in an interview about his 'hell unleashing'. i wonder what jibberish he would spew next. all talk, no walk

Did you feel that way last season?

True Fan
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM

i felt tomlin did a nice job last year. i(we) expected tomlin to learn from his mistakes and get better each year. he hasn't. i wanted to believe his hype, but in reality it was all talk. i saw thru that much fasster than most fans will(if ever they do)

cruzer8
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
[quote="True Fan":2c6rpyfd]i wish someone would have the balls to ask tomlin in an interview about his 'hell unleashing'. i wonder what jibberish he would spew next. all talk, no walk

i felt tomlin did a nice job last year. i(we) expected tomlin to learn from his mistakes and get better each year. he hasn't. i wanted to believe his hype, but in reality it was all talk. i saw thru that much fasster than most fans will(if ever they do)[/quote:2c6rpyfd]

So a coach, in order to be successful, must get better every year?

Then there have never been any successful coaches according to your standards.

True Fan
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
[quote="True Fan":evvyubux]i wish someone would have the balls to ask tomlin in an interview about his 'hell unleashing'. i wonder what jibberish he would spew next. all talk, no walk

i felt tomlin did a nice job last year. i(we) expected tomlin to learn from his mistakes and get better each year. he hasn't. i wanted to believe his hype, but in reality it was all talk. i saw thru that much fasster than most fans will(if ever they do)

Then there have never been any successful coaches according to your standards.[/quote:evvyubux]

how did you come up with that logic?

madflag
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
u may be a die hard fan but u must be color blind, take off the black and gold and put on your true colors like therest of the steelers rejects......red and white

NKySteeler
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Well, if we are to talk comparisons, Cowher had a crappy run ('98-'00) with records of 7-9, 6-10, 9-7.... Folks gave him time to rebound.

... Problem with that is that Cowher was well-tenured when that happened. Does Tomlin get the same courtesy? Has he been here long enough to get that "incurred acceptance/confidence"?

Has there been anything to say that Tomlin can succeed? Has there been anything to say that he won't?.... He inherited a good team and ran with it... How much of what we are watching is his at this point?

Here's a well off-based assumption: Tomlin is having more input to the defense than any of us think.... Heck, when was the last time you saw this much cover-2?... That is Tomlin's "specialty".....

.... I personally am hearing what LVG says more and more....

I love my team and will always root for them, but there is nothing wrong with asking questions when you are 6-6.

LasVegasGuy
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, if we are to talk comparisons, Cowher had a crappy run ('98-'00) with records of 7-9, 6-10, 9-7.... Folks gave him time to rebound.

... Problem with that is that Cowher was well-tenured when that happened. Does Tomlin get the same courtesy? Has he been here long enough to get that "incurred acceptance/confidence"?

Has there been anything to say that Tomlin can succeed? Has there been anything to say that he won't?.... He inherited a good team and ran with it... How much of what we are watching is his at this point?

Here's a well off-based assumption: Tomlin is having more input to the defense than any of us think.... Heck, when was the last time you saw this much cover-2?... That is Tomlin's "specialty".....

.... I personally am hearing what LVG says more and more....

I love my team and will always root for them, but there is nothing wrong with asking questions when you are 6-6.

Hey NKY. I heard about your loss and I am truly sorry. Hang in there bud, keep your head up and stay strong for your significant other.

I hate the cover-2 with a passion. Too many holes in the secondary for my liking. If Tomlin is forcing the cover 2 on Lebeau then it is safe to say that Lebeau is going to work for Cowher next year. I'm with you I have never witnessed a Lebeau defense that has given up drive after drive after drive in the 4th quarter. This is really un-Lebeau like and if Tomlin is pushing this then it all makes sense. We are not a cover-2 defense and he should be smart enough to know that.

cruzer8
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
We're playing so much cover 2 because Troy is out.

It's not that hard to figure out.

feltdizz
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
It's not that our defense sucks.. it doesn't. But when we need one stop to win a game, our D definitely sucks..

if we lost Big Ben for 6 to 7 games I expect to not make the playoffs.. I had no idea Troy was just as important as Ben.. now I do..

papillon
12-07-2009, 01:03 AM
It's not that our defense sucks.. it doesn't. But when we need one stop to win a game, our D definitely sucks..

if we lost Big Ben for 6 to 7 games I expect to not make the playoffs.. I had no idea Troy was just as important as Ben.. now I do..

We would have to play offense without Max Starks as well. Losing Troy and Aaron would be akin to losing Ben and Max. Your best player and a player that is highly under appreciated, but vital to the team's success. The Steelers may not score a point without those two players.

The defense has held up remarkably well considering the losses to injury. Regardless, players needed to have stepped up by now and made plays, that hasn't happened and the defense has given away some games because of that.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
whizzinator and his
vaunted offense" looking ngood tonight

SteelAbility
12-15-2009, 08:18 AM
[quote=cruzer8][quote="True Fan":2yk0bpfg]i wish someone would have the balls to ask tomlin in an interview about his 'hell unleashing'. i wonder what jibberish he would spew next. all talk, no walk

Then there have never been any successful coaches according to your standards.[/quote:2yk0bpfg]

how did you come up with that logic?[/quote:2yk0bpfg]

Dude that was YOUR logic ... see the portion above in a statement made by you in green.

Furthermore you are working with a whopping sample set of 3 (in terms of total seasons) and in terms of not improving a sample set of 2 (the first season establishes baseline). The way you state it paints a picture of a long established history of either futility of stagnation. You do realize that we earned a SB under Tomlin, right? Apparently that wasn't enough.

BURGH86STEEL
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM

We would have to play offense without Max Starks as well. Losing Troy and Aaron would be akin to losing Ben and Max. Your best player and a player that is highly under appreciated, but vital to the team's success. The Steelers may not score a point without those two players.

The defense has held up remarkably well considering the losses to injury. Regardless, players needed to have stepped up by now and made plays, that hasn't happened and the defense has given away some games because of that.

Pappy

I agree, there were situations on offenses and defense where there were plays to be made. They did not get it done.