(6) Steelers def. (3) Bengals
(5) Broncos def. (4) Patriots

Divisional round:
(6) Steelers def. (1) Colts
(5) Broncos def. (2) Chargers

AFC Championship:
(6) Steelers def. (5) Broncos

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt?!?!?!?!!

There is no way that we'd ever beat Cincy, Indy, and Denver on the road in the playoffs. Never happen in a million years. :wink:

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

There is no way that we'd ever beat Cincy, Indy, and Denver on the road in the playoffs. Never happen in a million years. :wink:

to bad seattle does not win thier division....

but seriously, I like doing these little scenerios (we are allowed, we are fans)

1) colts 14-2 - going to coast into the playoffs again with backups getting time
2) chargers 12-4 - may be the most dangerous team right now
3) pats 11-5 - will lose one more game, but they do have brady still, so watch out
4) bengals 11-5 - losses to the bolts and vikings have them backing in
5) steelers 11-5 - need to win out and they will
6) yoncos 11-5 - will be playing well with one loss to the eagles the rest of the way

steelers over bungles
pats over yoncos

steelers over colts
chargers over pats

chargers over steelers

Oviedo
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

but seriously, I like doing these little scenerios (we are allowed, we are fans)

1) colts 14-2 - going to coast into the playoffs again with backups getting time
3) pats 11-5 - will lose one more game, but they do have brady still, so watch out
6) yoncos 11-5 - will be playing well with one loss to the eagles the rest of the way

steelers over bungles
pats over yoncos

steelers over colts
chargers over pats

chargers over steelers

I think your seeding is more what I believe will happen but I see it playing out as follows:

Wildcard Round:
Steelers over Bumgals
Pats over Broncos

Divisional Round:
Steelers over Colts
Pats over Chargers

AFC Championship:
Steelers over Pats

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

steelers over bungles
pats over yoncos

steelers over colts
chargers over pats

chargers over steelers

I think your seeding is more what I believe will happen but I see it playing out as follows:

Wildcard Round:
Steelers over Bumgals
Pats over Broncos

Divisional Round:
Steelers over Colts
Pats over Chargers

AFC Championship:
Steelers over Pats

i like yours better......i hope it happens....plus if we beat them like you think and we do go on to win a super bowl ( i know, i know) than we should be team of the decade becasue we did not *

birtikidis
12-03-2009, 02:09 PM
the only team in the NFL i don't think we can beat is the saints. i know, shocking to say that isn't it?

Jigawatts
12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

Not with a team coached by a man who got the job because of the Rooney Rule.
I don't see that guy ever winning a super bowl.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

They should have hired their former offensive coordinator instead. Something about that guy makes me think his team would never lose a Super Bowl game.

SidSmythe
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I think you people are dreaming!!

I've gotta see how the Steelers play this December before I get excited about a run thru the playoffs on the road again.

SteelAbility
12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

By a score of 34-17 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

and big ben does a really bad shooting gun celbration dance

SteelAbility
12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

and big ben does a really bad shooting gun celbration dance

... after finding Hines in the back of the End Zone over the outstretched hand of a Bronco linebacker :mrgreen:

D Rock
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
let's quit fantasizing about AFC Championship scenarios for a minute.

We still need to close out a game in Indy before we get to that point.

Quick, someone find a big fat man to help make sure that happens!

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2009, 03:03 PM

Before that can happen, we have to switch Chris Kemoeatu from guard to DE so that we can have Kemo take out Palmer's knee in the wildcard round. :twisted:

Steeler Mafia
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Absolutely, positively, this is how the playoffs will look

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" :twisted: :mrgreen:

Northern_Blitz
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I think it will be hard for us to get the 6th seed. The 6th seed almost always wins a tie breaker to get in. Out division record, and our conference record are both poor. I think we need to get to 11 wins and take the 5th seed to get into the dance. There's still alot of ball to be played, but I don't like us in a tie breaker.

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I think it will be hard for us to get the 6th seed. The 6th seed almost always wins a tie breaker to get in. Out division record, and our conference record are both poor. I think we need to get to 11 wins and take the 5th seed to get into the dance. There's still alot of ball to be played, but I don't like us in a tie breaker.

agree, unless that tie breaker is denver, and jax still has some really rough games ahead, so that why i feel that if we beat baltimore and miami and the two games coming up, that we should be in....IF IF IF, i know but still

Wolfhound45
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

Shows how little you know about professional football. There is no way that scenario could play out. Not in a million years!

:P

How do I know? Mike Holmgren told me that is how!

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

Shows how little you know about professional football. There is no way that scenario could play out. Not in a million years!

:P

How do I know? Mike Holmgren told me that is how!

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_camber1.jpg

Goo goo ga joob.

LasVegasGuy
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

They should have hired their former offensive coordinator instead. Something about that guy makes me think his team would never lose a Super Bowl game.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! That is about as funny as being beaten by the Chiefs in overtime. Now that is freakin' funny.

SteelAbility
12-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Before that can happen, we have to switch Chris Kemoeatu from guard to DE so that we can have Kemo take out Palmer's knee in the wildcard round. :twisted:

Can we also sign Bettis to a short contract so he can fumble at the goal line in Indy? Then Ben can show off his shoe-string tackling skills ... again.

Jigawatts
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! That is about as funny as being beaten by the Chiefs in overtime. Now that is freakin' funny.

[youtube:34t60ddv]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSAXLayoMKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSAXLayoMKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:34t60ddv]

Mel Blount's G
12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
1 Colts
2 Chargers
3 Bengals
4 Patriots
5 Broncos
6 Steelers

Wild Card round:

Divisional round:

AFC Championship:

Agree except

***'s defeat donkeys then lethargers defeat ***'s then The Mighty Mighty Steelers beat the lethargers

JTP53609
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
remember where you heard it from, MR. JTP....
the steelers will be 11-5 and the bengals will lose 3 of their next 5 (@sd, @minn, @nyj),
i think it is all but a given they lose to the chargers and minny, but the jets on the last day of the season would not be a surprise..I know i have the bengals at 11-5 in this thread, but the more i think of this the more i feel they will lose to the jets...

Oviedo
12-04-2009, 05:20 PM
the steelers will be 11-5 and the bengals will lose 3 of their next 5 (@sd, @minn, @nyj),
i think it is all but a given they lose to the chargers and minny, but the jets on the last day of the season would not be a surprise..I know i have the bengals at 11-5 in this thread, but the more i think of this the more i feel they will lose to the jets...

At a minimum we want to force it to be a must win game for them so they can't rest anyone because we won't be able to rest anyone versus Miami.

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM

At a minimum we want to force it to be a must win game for them so they can't rest anyone because we won't be able to rest anyone versus Miami.

umm, can i have my pics back....i forgot to say we would lose to oakland than win out.....

Oviedo
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM

umm, can i have my pics back....i forgot to say we would lose to oakland than win out.....

Yesterday was this season's Waterloo. Time to see what we have with some young players and get ready to fix somethings for next year. This team is still loaded with talent but this just isn't the year where things go our way.

Here are the positives:

1. Higher draft pick.
2. Second or third place schedule next year; Plus AFC East and NFC South
3. Chance to give some young players opportunity in the last four games.

JTP53609
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM

Yesterday was this season's Waterloo. Time to see what we have with some young players and get ready to fix somethings for next year. This team is still loaded with talent but this just isn't the year where things go our way.

Here are the positives:

1. Higher draft pick.

if i was going to tell you going into the year that mendenall would be over a thousand yard rusher and average 5 ypc, and ben would have one of the best years of his career, santonio and hines along with wallace are catching the ball at a high rate and sepulvada is back, than i would say 12-4 at least, just based on our defense....but bc of our defense we are 6-6....wow....one draft pick will not fix that defense, i would try to trade it for 2 early second rounders if possible...

Oviedo
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Here are the positives:

1. Higher draft pick.

if i was going to tell you going into the year that mendenall would be over a thousand yard rusher and average 5 ypc, and ben would have one of the best years of his career, santonio and hines along with wallace are catching the ball at a high rate and sepulvada is back, than i would say 12-4 at least, just based on our defense....but bc of our defense we are 6-6....wow....one draft pick will not fix that defense, i would try to trade it for 2 early second rounders if possible...

Can't blame the offense. They have held up their part of the bargain. The defense needs a complete "rectal exam" after the season. That needs to include a real evaluation of the 3-4 versus the 4-3 and we need the defense that best fits our personnel not the defensive coordinator.

steelblood
12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
While I think the team should investigate a 4-3, I certainly don't think the defensive front is the problem. The front stops the run very well and still pressures the QB fairly well. The problem is that when you take Troy out of our secondary, we are left with a poor group overall. Gay just isn't cutting it this year and Carter is not an NFL FS (he can still play SS, but he is dreadful in coverage). Ike is ok, but he rarely wins jump balls and he rarely comes up with a pick. He also requires help over the top and is not real effective in bump and run. Farrior is also a liability in coverage now. But, the other LBers do a decent job.