PDA

View Full Version : Will BA figure this out?

winwithd
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I just noticed in Sporting News that Oakland and Cleveland are 31 and 29 respectively against the run. After the way we ran against Baltimore, who I believe is #6 and had to know we were going to run a lot, there is no excuse for not running more than we throw. No reason to expose Ben right now. These two games come at the right time in regards to Ben getting a chance to heal up.

Besides, we are nearly perfect at play-action passing. I still can hardly believe those stats they showed during the last game on P-A passing. We really need to establish the run. We only need to throw 10 - 12 times to score a couple TDs off P-A.

I say Steelers 30 - Raiders 17 (with at least one 40+ pass play). 30-10, if we don't give up one. Steelers 34 - Stains 3. By then we should have Troy back on D. I feel good that we can beat GB even though they seem to be rolling. Baltimore does not impress me. I think we should win that one although it will probably be close because their season will be on the line and its Baltimore. And Miami is all running game and we can handle that. I think we will enter the playoffs on a roll.

Lebsteel
12-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I just noticed in Sporting News that Oakland and Cleveland are 31 and 29 respectively against the run. After the way we ran against Baltimore, who I believe is #6 and had to know we were going to run a lot, there is no excuse for not running more than we throw. No reason to expose Ben right now. These two games come at the right time in regards to Ben getting a chance to heal up.

Besides, we are nearly perfect at play-action passing. I still can hardly believe those stats they showed during the last game on P-A passing. We really need to establish the run. We only need to throw 10 - 12 times to score a couple TDs off P-A.

I say Steelers 30 - Raiders 17 (with at least one 40+ pass play). 30-10, if we don't give up one. Steelers 34 - Stains 3. By then we should have Troy back on D. I feel good that we can beat GB even though they seem to be rolling. Baltimore does not impress me. I think we should win that one although it will probably be close because their season will be on the line and its Baltimore. And Miami is all running game and we can handle that. I think we will enter the playoffs on a roll.

Exactly what I am thinking (hoping)! :tt1 :tt1

SidSmythe
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Well maybe this whole concussion thing will help ARIANS think twice about running empty backfields and protecting his QB by establishing the run to set up the pass, not vice versa

BURGH86STEEL
12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Well maybe this whole concussion thing will help ARIANS think twice about running empty backfields and protecting his QB by establishing the run to set up the pass, not vice versa

Is there really and offensive philosophy to protect Ben the way he plays? No matter how much they run, Ben will eventually have to drop back and pass.

frankthetank1
12-03-2009, 08:13 AM

Is there really and offensive philosophy to protect Ben the way he plays? No matter how much they run, Ben will eventually have to drop back and pass.

i agree, i dont think there really is any plan to protect ben. they should game plan based on what is working during the time. if ben can play no reason to protect him. also a lot of these stats are slanted. the raiders have been worse against the run every year for a while now and its because most teams get up on them and dont pass as much. the same can be said for any bad team

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 08:41 AM
like I said, I see us at 11-5 in the playoffs as a 5 seed...setting up a potential matchup with cincy (cincy will lose to S.D, and Minnesota) i think denver is a 6 seed with a rematch against the pats....mark it down and remember that, thats the way it works....

Oviedo
12-03-2009, 08:57 AM

If we let the Raiders score 17 points against us all the recent concern about LeBeau and the defense will be justified.

BURGH86STEEL
12-03-2009, 03:14 PM

i agree, i dont think there really is any plan to protect ben. they should game plan based on what is working during the time. if ben can play no reason to protect him. also a lot of these stats are slanted. the raiders have been worse against the run every year for a while now and its because most teams get up on them and dont pass as much. the same can be said for any bad team

Stats serve a purpose. I am not sure if they matter on a game by game basis. I believe every game brings different challenges. There are many variables when talking about stats.

Steelers will have to play well on offense, defense, and special teams if they want to make the playoffs. What most fans fail to recognize is that the Raiders have talent to win. Let's just hope they don't put that talent together on Sunday.

JDSteeler
12-04-2009, 02:51 AM

Trust me, the f-ing mole couldn't even figure out how to use Dixon in
OT vs Baltimore, and now you're asking him to do something SMART!!!

Are you f-ing kidding me!!!

The only way we can win is for Ben to call an audible!!!

PS. Yo, Brucie....Go f yourself and your stinking playbook!!!!

JD

Steeler Mafia
12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Will BA figure this out?

To put it simply.....No. Even if the Raiders only put their D-Backs on the field and someone taped the hands of every Steeler reciever together, he still wouldn't figure it out.

feltdizz
12-04-2009, 02:42 PM
figure out what? The Defense? Cause surely BA is responsible for all these 4th quarter losses after the offense gets the lead and the D lets scrub teams drive 90+ yards..

will the fans figure this out? Hell no..

Mister Pittsburgh
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
figure out what? The Defense? Cause surely BA is responsible for all these 4th quarter losses after the offense gets the lead and the D lets scrub teams drive 90+ yards..

We have a top 5 offense yards wise, too bad games are decided by points. Pretty crazy when Detroit, KC, Browns, are within striking distance cause we can't put the game away. How many of these crap teams have we blown out this year? Good teams blow crappy ones away. We don't.

BURGH86STEEL
12-04-2009, 02:53 PM

We have a top 5 offense yards wise, too bad games are decided by points. Pretty crazy when Detroit, KC, Browns, are within striking distance cause we can't put the game away. How many of these crap teams have we blown out this year? Good teams blow crappy ones away. We don't.

Good teams don't always blow out crappy teams.

LasVegasGuy
12-04-2009, 06:30 PM

We lose to the Chiefs then the very next week the team we consistently beat (Chargers) beats up on the Chiefs to the tune of 43-14. Now that is taking care of business and putting your foot on the throat of a crappy team. If only our top 5 offense could score points :roll:

feltdizz
12-05-2009, 02:29 AM

We lose to the Chiefs then the very next week the team we consistently beat (Chargers) beats up on the Chiefs to the tune of 43-14. Now that is taking care of business and putting your foot on the throat of a crappy team. If only our top 5 offense could score points :roll:

If we held teams to 14 points we would be 11-0.

If we scored 43 points I bet you if we lost 44 to 43 you would blame Arians.

feltdizz
12-05-2009, 02:31 AM

Mister Pittsburgh
12-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Well, if it weren't for our defense we would be 5-6 right now with another loss to Minnesota. Against Denver who knows what would have happened had Ty Carter not picked one off and taken it to the house, Troy picked one off and set the offense up on Denvers 25 yd line, and Ty Carter also had another interception.

Last season we don't even make the playoffs if it weren't for Deshea picking one and taking it to the house against Dallas. In the playoffs our offense jacked around and turtled up in the second half against the Ravens in the AFCCG and didn't do a darn thing the entire second half. This enabled the Ravens to be within a FG of taking the lead with
4:39 left on the clock in the 4th Qtr before Troy picked one off and took it to the house. This is the perfect example of Bruce Arians wonderful offense trying its hardest to be ineffective instead of putting the game away. We lit the Ravens secondary up the entire first half only to come out and turtle it up and run right at their intact front 7 and Ray Lewis.

feltdizz
12-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I guess it's easy to forget we had the toughest schedule EVER last year and played against the best Defenses in the league in 8 to 10 of our games last year.. and last year was last year..

How can anyone scream about the great plays of our D when we lost 5 games late when we have the lead? Everyone see's the elephant in the room...but some are afraid to speak up about him.

feltdizz
12-05-2009, 12:54 PM
[quote=feltdizz]figure out what? The Defense? Cause surely BA is responsible for all these 4th quarter losses after the offense gets the lead and the D lets scrub teams drive 90+ yards..

Well, if it weren't for our defense we would be 5-6 right now with another loss to Minnesota. Against Denver who knows what would have happened had Ty Carter not picked one off and taken it to the house, Troy picked one off and set the offense up on Denvers 25 yd line, and Ty Carter also had another interception.

Mendenhall had 150+ yards on the ground...

Last season we don't even make the playoffs if it weren't for Deshea picking one and taking it to the house against Dallas. In the playoffs our offense jacked around and turtled up in the second half against the Ravens in the AFCCG and didn't do a darn thing the entire second half. This enabled the Ravens to be within a FG of taking the lead with
4:39 left on the clock in the 4th Qtr before Troy picked one off and took it to the house. This is the perfect example of Bruce Arians wonderful offense trying its hardest to be ineffective instead of putting the game away. We lit the Ravens secondary up the entire first half only to come out and turtle it up and run right at their intact front 7 and Ray Lewis.[/quote:3b9glrkf]

I guess you forgot about the perfect TD pass SWEEEEED dropped? We had the game wrapped up and the rookie let us down.. it happens. This is why you run up the gut... you can't run on the edge against the Ravens and the more times Ben drops back the greater his chances are for a sack. Stop acting like we have a history of blowing out the Ravens..

grotonsteel
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM

Well said.

Steelers defense can't make a stop when they need to.

They have given many big plays even after CB giving 10 yards cushion to WRs. How many 80+ yards drives Steelers D have given in last couple of games???

LasVegasGuy
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I guess it's easy to forget we had the toughest schedule EVER last year and played against the best Defenses in the league in 8 to 10 of our games last year.. and last year was last year..

How can anyone scream about the great plays of our D when we lost 5 games late when we have the lead? Everyone see's the elephant in the room...but some are afraid to speak up about him.

Toughest Schedule = 12-4
One of the easiest in 2009 = 6-5

Tomlin never fails to deliver :roll: .

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2009, 05:47 PM

Toughest Schedule = 12-4
One of the easiest in 2009 = 6-5

Tomlin never fails to deliver :roll: .

Who was the coach of that 12-4 championship team who overcame the toughest schedule?

If you are blaming Tomlin for some of the failures this season, you also have to give him some credit for the successes of last season.